Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

There was no B route, I've seen him ride his 500lb GS places most people would say F-that. I don't see him growing up any time soon
  2. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Marietta was cake, ride easterly, hit the river, turn left.
  3. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I ran it up to a gps verified 70, it was still pulling but I ran out of nuts. The squishy knobs with 8 psi in them were sketchy on the blacktop. Not sure what kind of R's I was turning, this was pre Vapor install, but I'd venture that was about all it had. Rev limiter is supposed to be at 10,800, and I have yet to find it.

Sustained 55 mph is no problem though. I think it's better on the road than my KLR, thanks to the steering stabilizer and the fact that it actually stops....
  4. half_price_beemer

half_price_beemer Wings-it Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How many inmates live on the west side of Athens? I have counted 5 different bikes with ADV stickers on them in 4 driveways. Not that I'm creepin, I just never knew I was surrounded by so many crazy people :lol3
  5. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    They actually have never been on the site, those stickers were put on their bikes before they bought then and they were too lazy to pull them off or learn what they meant. :lol3
  6. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    If you post this question in the dedicated "west side of Athens" thread you may get some replies.
  7. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    BTW were any of y'all on Washington CR 138 between SR 260 and SR 26 on Sunday? It leaves 260 just outside of New Matamoras and joins 26 in the thriving metropolis of Rinard Mills just north of the Wash-Monroe line. We were digging potatoes on the farm and 3 dual sports went by, a few minutes apart. I wished I was riding and then went back to picking up potatoes :cry
  8. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    That was a fun section,wasn`t it? That`s the type of stuff I like. Sorry you guys waited for me but I was taking it very easy on the new engine,breaking it in......(that`s my story and I`m sticking to it.) Good to see you again.
  9. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    Alien (Gary) is having a GTG at his house this thursday evening. Beer & Pizza @ 5:30 PM

1050 Debolt
    Utica OH

His laptop is broken & he asked me to post this.
  10. Benly

Benly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anyone planning on just doing the Nutcracker adventure ride instead of the DS? I might have enough spare time this Saturday to ride it on the WeeStrom.
  11. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:

I'm too lazy to look, what time is the adventure ride?
  12. Benly

Benly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only thing I saw about times was 07:00 for registration and ride starts at 08:30. I just assumed the adventure ride started the same time as the DS ride.

Edit: Looks like the riders meeting is at 08:30 and the ride starts immediately afterwards. Not sure it it is just for the DS ride or both.
  13. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    If this is basically the same area as the Hanging rock, it will be both groups starting at the same time. From what I heard the ADV ride will do a lot of the same gravel roads we ride around TH. They may even include some of the trails that used to be hard since they have bull dozed so many of them this summer.:cry
  14. B-Mac

B-Mac Aged Beef

Oddometer:
    I was thinking of doing the Adventure Ride Sat or Sun if the any FF from Adv-in-Ohio come down to ride this.:earB. What Day?
  15. BOB RAMSAY

BOB RAMSAY Not in the Clique -

Oddometer:
    Trust me - your riding style is 'taking it very easy on the engine'. . .

I've always heard that a bruised rib is just as bad as a broken rib.

I never found that a comforting information.

Want to team up Saturday for the Ball Breaker 200?

How about you mmorgan? I'm working on Big Ohio currently.

Conditions could be 'prime'.
  16. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I'd be game for bringing the 650 down for the adventure ride. I was going to truck the KTM down and ride the 200, but I tweaked my back this weekend and I don't think having to pick a bike up 20 or 30 times is going to help.
  18. mgorman

Oddometer:

At this time I am hoping to be there but time isn't on my side. I'd like to get the fork seals replaced on the 640 and ride that down but it looks like I may be on the foo foo bike.
  19. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:

so go ride and stop crashing :deal
  20. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I'll ride your foo foo bike and you can ride my KLR650 if you need more of a challenge. :evil