Cheryl & Leslie's Triumph Tiger 800XC ADV to Alaska

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by soph9, Jun 12, 2011.

1. snay

snay Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. TAMPAJIM

TAMPAJIM Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks, much better.
    And thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

At some point you said that the Tigers were hard to get up on the centerstands. Was this because of all the weight you had on the rear, or do you think there is a design problem with the XC centerstand? I ask because I have the road version and find the centerstand very easy to use.
  3. JediJitsu

JediJitsu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope Triumph takes the Tigers from you for research and development. They can learn a lot between the bikes and your RR to better the next model. I do, however, hope that they also give you two new Tigers without stalling problems for free. After all, you got the word out and got many people excited about this bike. You more than likely even caused a few to go buy it, or to help people who were "on the fence" about buying it decide on it. For such a fantastic job, I hope to see you get some Tigers for your hard work! Thanks again!
  4. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Center with or without luggage on the XC bikes, both of ours are very difficult to get up with one person. Not sure if it the design or the ground clearance making the stand longer than the roadie. But on the BMW the center stands are a piece of cake. And both Cheryl and I have difficulty not just one of us.
    :huh
  5. soph9

Oddometer:

We agree take them apart and learn. Not sure how many companies get this chance. Then make us a deal on either the white ones we rode or new ones. Make us a deal we can not refuse is what we say....:freaky
  6. TAMPAJIM

TAMPAJIM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is interesting. I have the 658GS and can get it on the centerstand only with a ton of effort. You think we may be in alternate universes? :eek1

And can I get an autographed 8x10 glossy of that portrait? :rofl:rofl:rofl
  7. soph9

Oddometer:
    I am going to have to charge you for the autographed print...maybe if we sell enough we can make enough $$ to go RTW next year:lol3:freaky
  8. soph9

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if I should post expenses?:ear
  9. ReadySetGo

ReadySetGo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sure, would kind of like to know how much I have to start saving to even remotely start a trip like this.:lol3 I have been subscribed since the beginning of this RR and I am sad that it is over. Please keep us updated on what Triumph tells you in regards to the stalling issues. I am glad that you love the Tigers and that they got you all over the place and back home safe and sound. :beer
  10. SnowCat

SnowCat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it back safe! Hard to believe its been over 40 days already. I'm sure many of us would be interested in expenses, help in our own planning. Your evalulation was excellent a lot of info others can use. Thanks for your hard work in doing this RR. I vote for the DVD:D

Mike
  11. soph9

Oddometer:
    I will put together an expense report maybe later today. Get ready because it was not cheap especially the gas part!:eek1 The Tigers used more gas than we thought they would especially compared to our BMW's. Last year for 26 days going cross country on the Beemers it cost us about $900 round trip, 2 bikes.
  12. soph9

Oddometer:
  13. redstar

redstar New adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great trip, great reporting and great cause!

Thanks for the report on the bikes. I am getting into DS bikes now (as you can see by my qty of posts) and your story helps a lot in making the decision...so who will it be Brits or Germans? :norton
  14. Cowtowner

Cowtowner Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Cheryl and Leslie, congratulations on finishing your great trip and thanks for the pics. Nice tread left on those tires too - I gotta get a pair of those! John.
  15. Cariboo_kid

Cariboo_kid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fabulous pics of the mighty Tigers. If Triumph were wise, they would use these photos in their advertising copy. :nod
  16. Daytonacharlie

Daytonacharlie 2 Wheeled Backpacker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

There's just something about this picture, it captures the feeling of really being "out there" to me. I love it! :thumb
  17. opaque_machete

opaque_machete girls wanna have fun

Oddometer:
    Agreed, front page material!
  18. soph9

Oddometer:
    That is my favorite picture of them all too:freaky
  19. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    Needs you guys in the pix to make it complete.
  20. soph9

Oddometer:
    The bikes knew we were there...see how happy they are covered in the Dempster MUD!:lol3