2012 Score Baja 1000 Point to Point race

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Baja Dad, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    sounds like FUN !!!!:freaky
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tEgB1hE6Dpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zcr0INzuT24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    That's my team! Terrible Herbst Monster Energy Trophy Trucks #'s 19 & 49. LR is really funny when it comes to pre-running, I'm glad Mike Smith & the boys at the Herbst shop totally re-built his pre-runner. He likes to pre-run by himself, no one else in his truck or following along.

At the 500 we met up with him in Valle de Trinidad as he was getting fuel and buying a case of beer. The race course was going over "The Summit" which is real technical and had all of the car guys crying like little girls. LR was buying the beer because he had promised the guys with Baja Fools out on Laguna Salada (at the other side of The Summit) he would bring them beer if they werre going to be there. He had forgot the beer the first time so he was going back. He was like: "WTF it's not that bad, I'll just run over there drop the beer off and I'll see you back in Ensenada at dinner." Jajajajajajaja!
  5. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Heard he can ride a dirt bike too. :lol3
  6. steelshoe

steelshoe n00b

Oddometer:
    )
    Hey motomike, sorry to hear you had to back out . I was one of the Bako boys that had too retreat from the Baja. Lost my dad . I was gona ride the La purisima to constitucion section for Korny. I hear from the crew down in Loreto that the crossover , on south is just bitchin now that the little rocks rolled!!!!
    Have a few for me .ill be glued to the comp and doing the state side info thing. Tim
  7. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I am doing the last bit of work today, then loading up and heading south on tuesday at 5:00am.
    to meet the rest of the team.This race never gets old, you would think after racing the Baja 1000 24 times before
    I could hang up the boots. NRVER going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will be picking up beechum1 in Otay after I cross the border. ( he will be doing some of our chase driving for us)
    I will try to have beechum1 give up dates as we go a long.

#549x
    Baja Dad
  8. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    See you in the morning.
  9. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    What're the best places to watch the start of the race? Is tech day worth going to? My friend is interested in checking it out. Will the hotels be sold out? We can cross (from San Diego) in the morning if need be. Any tips/input would be great, thanks!
  10. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tech is pretty cool!!!! it is a zoo ...................... you get to see every type of race vechicle you can imagine.
    Hotels may be hard but you should find a room
    As for watching the race ,that a hard one.............. I would go south on HWY 3 towards San Felipe you can catch the course
    a bunch of times. then stay in San felipe for the night and have a few BEERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    The hotels have been sold out for months. On Thursday the first bike goes off at 0600, first car goes off 4 hours after the last quad (around 11 to 11:30). Contingency or tech on Wed is a good show & lets you see the race cars up close with 20,000 of your new close friends. Not much to see as far as scooters are concerned. Anywhere that is even close to being a good place to watch within 50 miles of Ensenada will be over run with locals. Popular places not too crowded include spots close to Hwy 3 (hwy from Ensenada to San Flippy). At K 19 is the access to "the white arch". From K 71 though K 77 there is a stretch right next to the hwy and if you can find a place to park it's pretty good. From San Matias (east of Valle de Trinidad) there are places along side of the hwy where they are in the sand wash that can be seen from the hwy K 141 to around K 160.
  12. kenaroo

kenaroo I am because i ride

Oddometer:

there's a link over at Race-Dezert that people are posting available rooms.. might want to mosey over there to take a look.
  13. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you guys that are going post up tech inspection pics? I'd love to see some close up pics of the 1X macheen :)

I'd love to go to baja one day but the travel advisories scare the bejesus out of me. (and Im from australia!!) The reports of stuff being stolen, violence against innocent tourists and general lawlessness seem to outweigh the pros - from 12000km away at least!!

Do you US guys carry guns/rifles down there in case of such events?

How do the teams protect their stuff from being ripped off?
  14. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    I usually just lock my doors...........seriously.
  15. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    or just drive a BLACK SUV like the Cartel guys do!!:gun1:gun1
  16. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    1x

[​IMG]

No guns allowed in Baja ... a big NO NO..
  17. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks that is gods machine!!!

So the cartels carry assault weapons and ordinary people can't?
  18. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:

They do it illegally! Cartels don't care about the law!
  19. SP's Dad

SP's Dad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Media makes Mexico out to be very dangerous. Baja is not like that. If you are doing drugs, buying drugs, selling drugs, or hanging out with people who are doing, buying or selling drugs you will be much more likely to have issues.

In general the people of Baja are very friendly and generous. I feel safer in Baja than I do in most US cities.

Nobody with any common sense carries guns in Mexico (as they are quite frowned upon by the government)

Don't leave stuff out, and generally it won't get ripped off.

Bottom line, BAJA IS MAGIC. Don't let the lame ass media keep you from coming and exploring.
  20. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb