Riding Around the Hood

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Apple Jam, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Nut Clutch

Nut Clutch was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great time. Jeff, holy crap, that's a lot blood for not noticing it at all.
  2. Craig McCurdy

Craig McCurdy BIGMAC

Oddometer:
    Some body rode over to the Lawn mower races without even a heads up! :cry I just can't keep up with all this fun stuff....
  3. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:

Somebody drove over in the Suby with wifey :wink: She hates riding two up on the ktm, something to do with a hip replacement bla bla bla bla :D
  4. Squishy

Squishy Elastically-kinematic.

Oddometer:
    I saw that advertised when we were there on Thursday. At that stage i was intending to go down to the jet sprints, then passed on both of them...still cleaning the gear & battle scars from the last ride.:D
  5. Craig McCurdy

Craig McCurdy BIGMAC

Oddometer:
    I think that was what I heard on the phone but 6 hours and 114 miles later... :evil It kind of got a little longer than we thought!

And this I now know for sure, Ladukebob rides faster when there is perceived banjo tunes (think "Deliverance" here) coming from that last house up Mill Creek. AJ will know the one! The weird thing was that the road almost got worse after we went buy the house. I'm sure the only thing Dan had on his mind all the way to the bottom of the canyon was (He actually admitted it when I finally caught up to him!) "Don't crash don't fall don't break down!" :rofl

Got down into The Dalles where they had a pretty nasty fire going with some real high winds. Not good, when I got home Crashclay said it might have been started by fireworks.

Dan was up for anything (no more banjo music though) so it was off to Washington and over The Dalles mountian and then Northwest to the Klickitat River, then Appleton and Sleepy Hollow Rd. to Staats Rd., Rattlesnake canyon and out to Husum.

Lots of riding and not many photo's!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Quite the route you two picked....big bike minds think alike, maybe ??

I was in The Dalles all weekend, and I had a little time Saturday and also rode over TD Mountain Rd.
    I took O'Brian Rd from the top down the other side for the first time.
    It's a rougher shortcut straight down to Centerville Hwy.
    Then cut down Schilling to the Klickitat, up Wahkiakus Hts & back down Fisher Hill.

Then on my way home last night, Sunday, I can never pass an opportunity to ride Mill Creek, especially nearing sunset.

[​IMG]

It's so beautiful up there right now....
  7. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    Thanks Craig for ride, that was fun. I've been wanting to do Mill Cr. ever since getting this newer bike. The Strom could have done it but way slower and not nearly as fun. The house near the top of Mill Cr. surprised me a bit. Kind of out in the middle of nowhere, pretty sure they built the shanty home where the truck broke down. I wouldn't want to have to go to town very often if I lived up there and from the looks of things around there they don't. And, yes I drifted asleep last night to the sound of banjo music playing inside my head.

AJ you're from The Dalles, what's the story here? Uncles? The dude with three arms kind of freaked me out :lol3

Sorry for my lack of photos as I left my p&s sitting on the kitchen counter yesterday. Next time. Those roads over in Washington where a hoot. And I'll admit I was a bit turned around until we drove through Klickitat, even though as you where explaining where we were I was nodding yes.

Next up is Suicide Grade.
  8. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Suicide Grade, indeed.
    I hope you're free the first weekend in October for our Hood River Upper Valley Rally....
    That ride over to Mill Creek, and up Suicide Grade was a big favorite. The creek crossing at the bottom provided some wet fun.
    I think that'll be the event's "Saturday's Ride" forever. I, certainly, will never tire of it !! :clap

I don't know the story on the house up there, it's just always been there.
    I moved to the last house on the pavement in 1974, and it was there, then.
  9. tymetrvlr

tymetrvlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanna go! No worries..... I'll hike it this time :D and find my own way home. :wink:
  10. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    Sweet place to live with everything out your backdoor
  11. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    We expect you to kick that road's ass, this time.
    Payback's a bitch :deal
    :norton

I could live there....after I burned that house down,
    ...and built another one further back from the road.
  12. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Bump up the Gorge exposure for my new Sig Line....:1drink
  13. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    nice sigline :evil
  14. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    you 2 can carry on yer campaign anywhere you like,,both got the bright green "go ahead!) color goin on,,good start,,makes me think,,,,Hmmm,,Did I tell you the one about TourPros 4th annual cookie challenge?,,orchard raft race?,,

You kids pay attention now,,see there,,with one sentence I give openings to post in the joke thread, the food thread, and the racing thread!
    I can figure others,,go forth and post! Spread your Sig-line seed, think glowball Lee,,act ear responsible Lee!
    the cost is the same,,it's freeLee..give it!
  15. Easy-Z

Easy-Z Me wanna be

Oddometer:
    :lol3

had to be quoted
  16. dale2011

dale2011 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is Bennet Pass open yet?
  17. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I've been busy over the long weekend...
    I dunno...

I really wanna know....I'll test it this weekend, and bring my BA handsaw :deal
  18. asrvivor

asrvivor Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer:

Like Here

[​IMG]
  19. Craig McCurdy

Craig McCurdy BIGMAC

Oddometer:
    Just a side note; Badger lake and be a bit of a knife and gun club with booze mixed in on the weekends! :deal Some real nice spots up on the road it's self, AJ I think knows all of them.... :wink:
  20. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    So you're saying they should take booze, knives, and guns :wink: