Utah, Colo, Az? Or Ride to Central America???

Discussion in 'Americas' started by novamandan, Aug 17, 2011.

1. novamandan

novamandan Danny B

Oddometer:
    So, here it is:
    I have a month of time off from 10/10 through 11/9. I am thinking of either riding out to Utah, checkin it Colo and Az out or starting my way down Central America and beginning to ride to Ushaia in stages. What do you guys think? Save cash stay domestic and see cool shit? or Spend cash go abroad and see cool shit? Just putting this out there to see what y'all think! Thanks!
    D
  2. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Gettin' older Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know it will be warmer down south.
    You could hit snow in Colorado at that time.
  3. WilderRider

WilderRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would definitely head for CA. Not only is Colorado, etc. easier to get to later, but that is definitely not the best time to come. All of the great CO stuff will be out of reach by late October. Utah and Arizona would still be fun, but Central America is more adventurous.

Plus you can keep scouting it out for guys like me that want to start that trip soon. Just not this year yet.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i'm from colorado (steamboat) and live in mexico at the moment so i'll comment.

yes colo will be on the end of it's season then. prime time is july, aug & sept. you might get a nice indian summer window is oct. but then again not.

rainy season ends aprox oct. 15th in mexico for the west coast so you might have a great trip traveling the center down and the coast back up. i'm not sure how the gulf coast works.
  5. what car??

what car?? down the road

Oddometer:
    Utah, Colo, Az? Or Ride to Central America???

hahahaha, trick question??? Do you really have to ask that question???? LOL:D.

I live in Colorado and absolutely love my state, but I am headed south in the very near future, finishing up loose ends.

Happy riding whatever you choose. The colors if timed right are pretty nice, and snow is not really a problem. Rode my bike all winter,:clap minus a few weather days.