The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. bdolnik

bdolnik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, any compliment from you on photos Lost is pretty special, I'm constantly drooling over yours!

Trainman, there was no drilling, everything matched up perfectly. Simply unbolt the old one and bolt on the new one. The hardest part was cutting the existing wires, just because cutting is scary :)

The directions that come with it are very good also, step by step... was really easy to do. Here is what the factory bracket looks like when you get the fender off.

[​IMG]
  2. DirtyBlackIrish

DirtyBlackIrish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used that to check out bar bends when i was looking. It really helped me understand how to visualize different bends. :D
  3. LiquidYogi

LiquidYogi n00b

Oddometer:
    Just got back from the dealer. $5,113 for a used LRP with 87 miles on it. Couldn't be happier its got plenty of pull on the freeways for me.
  4. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    You know, now that I think of it, CARB has to be pretty stupid. Here in MI, the insurance companies know what motorcycles are "born" street legal, as well as emission legal. California and CARB are dumb enough to depend on some frikkin' sticker on the rear fender.....just another sad beaurocratic pissoff.
  5. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh crap, I hope you aren't insinuating the the big C state isn't real................
  6. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    New topic...CRF windshields....I've seen at least one inmate here using the TCI Products Windscreen and brackets....Has anyone bought the brackets and made their own windscreen? To me the TCI windscreen is a little bit tall and dorky. I've made unique windscreens for my KLR, BMW Dakar, and V Strom, but used existing attachment points...but there's nothing to start from on the CRF.
  7. kb7tgr

kb7tgr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the windshield coming from CRF only, it will be here on wed. will let ya know how I like it.
  8. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    not a windscreen but a buddy and I are making a fairing out of fiberglass

first experiment was a failure working on #2 right now

I might paint it next week so I will take a pic if it is worthy
  9. Kankujoe

Kankujoe Adventure Traveller

Oddometer:
    Missouri, west central, south of Kansas City
    I'm also interested in a smallish type touring shield (like the Jimbo shield that many of us TW200 owners have installed)... Something that extends up about 12-14" above the headlight fairing/bezel.
  10. trainman

trainman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have two new windshield that are takeoff from the two new 650 V-Strom I purchased. I did hold one up to the CRF250L and it looks like it would work with the correct mounting brackets. OK now I have to just find the right brackets.

John
  11. Mk5mike

Mk5mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well it's official owner of a crf250l and on the way back to duty station to off load it and start riding.
  12. DirtyBlackIrish

DirtyBlackIrish Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Congrats!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap
  13. CRFSoCal

CRFSoCal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is that the best dual sport crf? It looks good. The muffler looks a little darker then the one i have more or a grey then a silver.
  14. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for you! :D Did you buy the bike in Ellensburg? :deal

Spud :beer
  15. cat

cat Long timer

Oddometer:
    bdolnick, welcome and thanks for the pics. :) How about a pic or two from the underside, the back - of the Yoshi thing...?
    I want to figure out whether to get this, or the DRC bracket, or just leave it.

Yes! Good pics. :)

PS:
    The Wheeling Cycle Supply CRF250L taillight kit - DRC Edge taillight + bracket + 12 o'clock Labs LED board with integrated turn signals and better LED because the DRC LEDs are not good enough... the DRC bracket is actually the one designed for the Suzuki DRZ400 - apparently it fits the CRF250L subframe perfectly. On the 12 o'clock Labs website, the images that show the dimensions of them, they're the same images, all dimensions the same. So if you don't want the expensive 12 o'clock Labs LED board...
  16. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where might I find a pix of "Jimbo"?

EDIT: Google found it!!!

EDIT: TRAINMAN: Way back when, a WR250R owner made brackets similar to the TCI ones and put a Wee-Strom windshield on it...looked very nice. I have one of my leftover homemade windshields I made for my WeeStrom as that motorcycle had some real aerodynamic noise issues. Guess I gotta buy the brackets and just putz some like other folks here
  18. Mk5mike

Mk5mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure did
  19. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some guy on the minimalist thread made a windshield from a Harbor Freight face shield and used Velcro to attach, though I think that was on a "Brand Y". Our wind deflector thingy above the headlight is angular, so it might not fit so great, but could be trimmed fairly easily to whatever shape you wanted.
  20. kb7tgr

kb7tgr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I simply removed the funny lower fender and the license light and put a 1 inch strap on for a plate holder. No money and looks great.