Versys owners checkin

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by pilot, Oct 17, 2007.

1. william t.

william t. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 24000 mile valve adjustments are a great. The only thing better would be no adjustments. :clap
  2. OnlyVees

OnlyVees Moto-journalist

Oddometer:
    Apparently I'm a dumb-ass. How do the rear turn signals come off the bike? I found the little cover plate held on with the phillips screw, what's next?

My Givi stuff showed up last night :D
  3. william t.

Oddometer:
    Take the little plate off and pull the turn signals out of the mounting hole.
  4. OnlyVees

OnlyVees Moto-journalist

Oddometer:
    Thanks william.

Next, all of the luggage and brackets are bolted up. But I can't seem to orient the turn signals on the new mounts to keep them from hitting the bags... I've tried both mounts, neither seems to look "right."

Any help?
  5. william t.

Oddometer:
  6. william t.

Oddometer:
    Maybe this will help.
    [​IMG]
  7. OnlyVees

OnlyVees Moto-journalist

Oddometer:
    I'm an idiot. It's a wonder I can dress myself...
  8. william t.

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl
  9. stremf1

stremf1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, new Versys owner checking in! I'm Jeff from Dayton, OH and I just got my new bike today! It rides great and I'm really excited for some fun time riding my new beast!

[​IMG]
  10. william t.

Oddometer:
    Welcome :clap
  11. william t.

Oddometer:
    I posted this on the UK site because of the whinning.

Complaints I have with my Versys

I am getting sick of all the problems I am having riding my Versys. From the time I get on it of the morning to go to work and until I get home of the evening it just sucks. When I turn the key on that noisey ass fuel pump drives me crazy. Why would anyone make a fuel injected engine that needs a fuel pump is beyond me. Then when you start to take off you have to make sure that your side stand is up. Why can't it just pop up on it's own. Now comes the tricky part ,you have to get it into first gear. This means you have to pull the clutch lever in and tap the shift lever. Surely there has to be a better way. Then on top of that you have to make sure that you do not stall it out when you start moving. All of this and we just now are on our way. Out on the road and the problems keep coming. Why am I going so fast around these curves. Hell I am just going to work. Maybe the suspension needs work. A bike that handles this good must have something wrong with it. For some reason when I pass chicken farms I smell chicken shit and dairy farms cow shit. I have never had this problem with my other bikes. Must be the fly screen ,thats all I can figure out. I also keep getting pelted with bugs. Kawasaki can do better at protecting us from these creatures. A bug zapper would be great but it could not be noisey. Then you get to work or back at home and I be damned if the fuel tank does not buzz. A fuel system that vents ,now that is just plain stupid. Why would you vent something that has an explosive fuel under preasure? If this thing was not so much fun to ride I would get rid of it and buy me a bicycle. The only noise I would hear then is my heart beating out of my chest. I would still have to change gears and those things are clunky. Ah fuk it I will just start walking. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. mdaniels

mdaniels Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't feel bad. I mounted my turn signal brackets the wrong way as well when I first received my Givi's.
  13. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:

It's a true thing William. For some, locating happiness /contentment is just
    32 flavours of difficult. The Versys is a fabulous all rounder. My only
    complaint... and it's way fixable... is to get a little more stopping power
    up front. There you go... whining over. No... really.
  14. tsunamichop007

tsunamichop007 06 gs1150 adventure special edition

Oddometer:
    just got mine last week, luv it
  15. guesswork

guesswork Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i keep read about the value of Braided stainless brake lines. may be worth a try. anyone with experience, please post...TIA
  16. guesswork

guesswork Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If anyone need to do a quick deal at a "good price" on a Versys. I have a buyer for you...PM me.
  17. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:
    Thanks man... they are on the list. Some say that there is
    no substitute for horsepower... i feel pretty much the same
    about the binders.
  18. william t.

Oddometer:
    I ride pretty aggresive and even though the brakes will not let you do a monster stoppie they will bring you to a nice controled stop. It is sort of like having anti-lock brakes. I do not have to worry about the wheels locking up on either end. Makes trail braking a breeze. I thought about putting different brake lines on but after riding mine for a while now I have gotten used to how they work. Remember it is better to come to a rolling stop then it is to be sliding. Once you lock up the brakes and the bike starts sliding you gain a lot of speed. Plus you are losing control over the bike. You are at the bikes mercy. There are good and bad things about the brakes ,you will just have to decide how your brakes affect the way you ride.
  19. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:
    Hey Will.... i think the brakes are in fact pretty fine. I am however
    coming off of a KTM Supermoto that delivered one finger effort and a really sweet linear progression. I've been spoiled. I'll get used to it.
  20. Slice

Slice words+pix+wood+bikes

Oddometer:
    Ok, guys...

Is the valve check every...

... 15,000?

... or 24,000?