Klim Badlands Pro Jacket & Pants - Gore-Tex Adv Shell (photos)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Feb 20, 2011.

1. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hey Leslie,

I can tell you have some time on your hands.... :-)

Check out our KLIM Latitude thread, I just posted the new pics.

Anthony

2. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Arms are more adjustable, but when I said slimmer it was through the shoulder areas.

Anthony

3. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Pf,

No liners at all. Klim typically makes technical shells. They are great for the rider who owns a clset full of tech base / mid layers and / or heated gear.

When I say 4-season I mean adequate venting for the summer paired with waterproof / windproof / breathable membranes to block the elements.

The thermal / wicking layers are up to the rider.

Anthony

4. Bork Bork

Bork Bork Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anthony, at 5'9" and 175 and a size Large in the Badlands jacket I assume you have quite a bit of room for layers/pressure suit? I'm looking at the Adventure jacket as I can't wait until Fall for the Badlands and was planning on a size Medium as per the Klim size chart, I'm 6'0" 185 and wear a size 40 or 42 jacket (US sizing). Is a Medium going to be too trim? I need to be able to layer for the cold but don't plan on any additional armor.
  5. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Anthony... I'll take the one on the model. :D
  6. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anthony, I'm trying not to get my panties in a bunch over this one, but it could be the one, even though there's been lots of those in my past:lol3

Take a break. Get a massage. Spend some time with someone you love. Eat a cheesesteak. Go get a beer at Monks, then I have a few questions.

OK!
    -Venting. Can you show some detailed photos of the venting on this?
    -Chest armor. FINALLY! But, what does it consist of? I know its the DOW APS. It'd be nice if that was what they used rather than the d30, but.. Can you show how this chest armor is incorporated?
    -Armacor. Where?

Soo, psyched to see the kidney belt brought over from the Adventure suit. That was one of things I loved!
  7. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Bork,

The Badlands fit is like the new adjusted fit of the 2011 Adventure Rally - slightly more tapered - but still enduro cut. With the armor out of shoulders and arms it should have plenty of room for a compression suit. Remember this comes with d3o armor, so it is ride ready off the hanger - you still need to add the appropriate base layers.

I have an odd build, so its tough sometimes to say 5"9 175lbs. I have thin legs and broad shoulders, It's a factor of me not having an extra leg-day at the gym. I wear 31" waist jeans. I wear a 43 suit jacket and have a 17" neck. If my legs were more proportionate I would probaly be 190-195. So in actuality if you were 6 foot 185, they say every inch adds 5-10 lbs for similarly built people, you could very well be a medium if your build was average to thin. You could be in between.

Also, do I reccommend adding a hoody underneath? Probably not. A long sleeve thermal or midlayer softshell progressing into a thin heated setup over a tech tee as the temp really dropped would be the way I would go if I was not wearing a compression suit.

I may have to stop telling people how much I weigh. It sends the wrong message as I am an anomaly.

Also keep i mind this is prototype - the fit could absolutely be refined before launch.

Let me know if I answered your question.

8. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    KLIM must be laughing at all this response...can you tell many of us have been waiting for something ADV worthy with just a few of the amenities the "other" brands have? Both suit looks great even if they are not the final versions. My partner just got her Traverse jacket pants still on back order and although like I said I LOVE my Traverse we need a little more of the road type jacket conveniences....so we shall see what the Badlands and Latitudes really turn out to be.

Off topic...my knee is hurting now from all this excitiment!:lol3
  9. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually, they're slashing any advertising they had budgeted for any new products covering 2010end/2011/2012. Hopefully, they'll be kind enough to cut a check to Baldy:lol3
  10. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Ahhh Jim Williams... you are the the grand master of discerning gear geeks. :-) I say that with love. lol

Ready. Deep Breath. Begin:

-Venting. Can you show some detailed photos of the venting on this?

Will have photos / video soon, right now at a bit of an impass waiting for my samples.

-Chest armor. FINALLY! But, what does it consist of? I know its the DOW APS. It'd be nice if that was what they used rather than the d30, but.. Can you show how this chest armor is incorporated?

From memory the pad is perfed probably for ventilation and I believe they went with the different material for weight savings as well. Its not as dense as the d3o. I may have to ping them for more of the "why" on the change, but that was my reaction. (I could be wrong) Also the pocket it's connected to lives over your left chest and protrudes providing coverage across your sternum to the right. It lives within a mesh pocket and may or may not be removable. My gut is yes, but I may be wrong (again)

-Armacor. Where?
    Impact areas for sure. I am tempted to say in all of the dark / blue areas on the Silver version. (Shoulders, Outside Arms, main construction areas.) I will confirm this as well.

-Kidney belt?
    Yes I am happy to see it as well. Its nice support.

-Yellow Asterisk on left wrist and misc...
    The international symbol for being "rad". Kidding..... Its the international medical symbol. That pocket is built for emergency data and vitals. The left breast pocket is also designed for the SPOT tracker.

Exhale.....

Hope all is well, bud.

Anthony

11. Tn. Walrus

Tn. Walrus Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer:
    That is one sharp piece of riding kit. If I hadn't just received my rally pro today,(which I love by the way), I would send you a pre order for this suit. Klim really hit this one out of the ball park. I think they are going to give a lot of other manufacturers a run.
  12. Flanny

Flanny Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
    Wow!

Late to the party here, but THAT is exactly what I've been after! Oh boy, oh boy...c'mon fall....
  13. Pcfly

Pcfly Dude?! Seriously?? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is either jacket neck brace compatible?

I like the Badland but like the tapered cut of the latitude! Any chance you can pass on to Klim to put internal taper elastic on the Badland?! :dunno
  14. soph9

Oddometer:
    Too bad KLIM does not make their release dates coincide with the Spring riding season!
  15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    yes that would be nice but...
    my guess they are working tripple overtime just to get the product to market.
    we would love to have all of our maps come out that way but that is not always possible.
  16. Tiggleswerth

Tiggleswerth Jansport

Oddometer:
    I am pretty interested in Klim's two new suits, I am excited to try them on, but could they cut back on the number of logos that are on them? I understand the want for recognition but fewer logos would be more tasteful and better looking imho.
  17. BrassAss

BrassAss Lost, but not forgotten

Oddometer:
    I too saw the jacket at the Indy show. This by far is the best jacket Klim has come out with. What I like about it, they removed some of the fluff that the Adventure Jacket has, which most people won't use and just left the key items at a price point that works. $1400 is a little hard to swallow, where $849 is doable for the avid rider. I'm just bummed it won't be ready until Fall. Of course I offered to wear that jacket at the show and test it for them, but they laughed and said, "oh, we haven't heard that one before, of course by all means take it and tell us what you think". Guess what, the jacket is still in their hands.:rofl

I'm going to pre-order the jacket and just wear the stink out of my other jackets this summer, knowing I'll have a new jacket to wear this next winter.:clap
  18. soph9

Oddometer:
    Someone tell KLIM we know their name and do not need to see the K logo and their named spelled out on each side of their suits. A little more subtle. Seriously, I love KLIM but the more I look at their new suits the more the advertising gets to me. Just put your K in strategic places and your name on the back or wherever...just not all over.
  19. LusterBroil

LusterBroil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Exactly! The K logo and the KLIM branding is redundant. Less is more when it comes to logos. Might be putting that jacket purchase off till fall now :evil
  20. Pcfly

Pcfly Dude?! Seriously?? Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE their stuff but............I said the same thing here about their other new jacket!! Post #4 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662075

If they compare their items to other high end outdoor equipment, which they do, then this should be obvious........reduce the bling!!

Too much blinggy KLIM written everywhere........ghost it out, outline, or remove it!! I feel like we're going back into the 80's with brand advert's!!:lol3 and that's not good!! :bluduh