Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Words to live by. As for being lucky, well. I'll take luck anytime. Even with atg hitting something on a bike is bad. A little luck isn't a bad thing when combined with gear and skill. :D
    Consider my accident. I had good gear, good skill and bad luck. :deal Bad luck sucks, so take the good luck when you can. :evil
  2. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

fair enough
  3. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    I've always wanted to hit that festival. Let us know when you play anywhere there are a bunch of us here that like to take in music and ride bicycles. Sounds like that motorcycling thing is dangerous. Still trying to track down swingset and his band.

:thumb Sion
  4. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    Ouch! Glad you walked away.
  5. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Sion:

Anything you walk away from.....etc. I"ce got some extraneous gear I can let go very reasonable some gratis. PM me
  6. bikeneil

bikeneil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sion, that sounds like the ultimate TAG to me :D Glad you didn't have any more serious injuries.
  7. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Damn Sion I'm glad you're okay. If it's any consolation it appears the deer may have been drinking.

I fully expect to be taken out by a deer some day, hopefully I'll be as lucky as you were. It's just one of those things you have no control over.
  8. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    +1.

What size melon you have, Sion? I've a Signet GT you can have if it fits and you don't mind wearing someone's old lid.
  9. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    Sweet tea out the nose and onto the keyboard.....Thanks Jim. :cry

Glad you are OK Shawn.

Too many of those pretty rats.

If the Ohio DNR didn't consider them a profit center there would be a lot less of them. Since they want to have ownership and control over the exploding deer population I think we should push for legislation that we can charge the DNR for property loss due to accidents with deer.

Rant off.......too many of my friends have had collisions with those things!

Lol....now we know.
  10. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Sucks man. But glad you are mostly okay.

I'm presuming you have liability only insurance? If so, double check that you don't have animal collisions on there; through Geico our policy covers animal strikes, theft, and fire on the basic liabilty package.

I have a old Firstgear Kili I wear on dual sports, it's got some life left in it - XL; and a Scorpion EX400 XL, you can borrow them long term if you want... but I would need them back.
  11. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Indeed.

I have no illusions about my mortality. I'm absolutely certain I will get killed in a motorcycle crash, or on duty. But hey, and feel free to speak these words at my funeral, "shit happens". We're all going out somehow, better one big puff than a slow battle with cancer or the like.
  12. OH_Wahoo

OH_Wahoo It's always time to

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you're okay :thumb

And +2 to Jim for spitting out my coffee. :lol3
  13. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Good luck, we only play lesbian fetish bars now.

:1drink

You can find us on youtube, where we get less views than the ride videos posted here.
  14. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    my current helmet is an HJC XXL that frankly was 1 size big, an XL would fit better, but it came with the bike

Got that right. Oh and thanks for the tip on the insurance, I'll check it out.

And thanks to everyone else offering well wishes and free/cheap replacement gear. You guys may be a bunch of hooligan motorcycle scum, but you're good people nonetheless. Kinda like family.

Goodonya, as they say in Austrailia
  15. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    What brand of gear and how ol? Some companies give free replacement gear if you have a crash that ruins it within a year of purchase.
  16. jnor

jnor Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Don't forget me..............:(:
  17. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

the pants (tour-masters) are second hand, the jacket (joe rocket) is 3 years old, the helmet (HJC) came with the bike so its at least 5 years old

I don't recon I'll be getting any free stuff from the manufacturers

meanwhile, here's some more damage pics

the pants:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the jacket and cheap gloves I was wearing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the helmet:

[​IMG]

had I not been wearing the helmet, that would have been my face :eek1
  18. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    THE KLR LIVES!:lol3
    After three hours of surgery the KLR made it's PT ride around the yard sporting a new swing arm, swing arm bolt, three point connector, speedo cable and new front and rear tires. The old three point assembly seems fine but need cleaned up and regreased.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The old swing arm will need a new set of bearings and chain slider but otherwise is okay.
    [​IMG]
    Here's what the old bolt looks like now that it is finally out. :eek1
    [​IMG]
    Everything is back together. :knary
    [​IMG]

Thanks to C&C Automotive in Xenia (AKA Smiling John and Becky) for getting that bolt out. If not for you I'd be trying to remove it with the bucket of my tractor! :lol3
  19. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    deer hair wedged between the tire and the wheel:

[​IMG]

left side saddlebag:

[​IMG]

left side crashbar bent all to hell:

[​IMG]

radiator boogered up a bit, but it appears to be superficial...its not leaking anyway

[​IMG]

deer shit on the right side bag:

[​IMG]

left side mirror rashed up, as is the clutch lever and mirror post

[​IMG]

speedometer bucket and headlight bucket rashed up...lens broken, but get this, the bulb still works, both hi and lo beam :lol3

[​IMG]

couple nice dents in the tank, I'm guessing from my right knee and foot as I came off the bike

[​IMG]

thats all the big stuff....extra lights and aftermarket horns are bent outta place but dont appear damaged...

I'm guessing that between the gear and the bike, it'll be $500 - $1000 to get everything back to normal.
  20. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

YAY for good news for someone :clap