VFR Thread, How many of us have 'em?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Chad_NC, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow Thread Ninja

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

making it a street righter? nar, getting the small scratch repaired on the nose cone and lhs
  2. ironkique

ironkique Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I crashed last year and with the the help of a few fellow ADVers am finally getting aound to putting it back together. The bike went down, hit a wall and cracked 2 engine mounts on right side....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. HazMan

HazMan Should of rode the GS.....

Oddometer:
    Kure,

I have a right side grab rail with the slightest scuff on the very end of the bungie hook thingy the sticks out from the handle. Welcome to it but now you only need a left.

Let me know
  4. Ray of Sunshine

Ray of Sunshine Happy Grrrl

Oddometer:
    I always had great luck with Pirelli Diablos. HOwever, they are certainly no loger SOTA. I have a set of Dunlop Sportmax tyres on her now and am less than thrilled.
  5. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
    I had a set of Avon Storms on prior to my current set and was very happy and got 10K miles out of them. The new Storm 2 is supposed to be even better. However, I currently have a set of Continental Conti Motions on it. I really like them and others who rode my bike said the same. I can't comment on life yet but I really like the profile, dry grip, and wet grip. The "Traction Skin" hype, isn't hype. The break in time was essentially zero. Best of all is the price. They are very affordable. Much less than $200 a set. Right now American Motorcycle Tire has them for around $160 a set. I just saw that last night.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  6. DeedsyDragon

DeedsyDragon Moto Dragon

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I am wanting to do a sport bar conversion on my 5th gen. Looking on information regarding what parts I need and how to do it. Thanks!
  7. Kennon

Kennon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heres My 1990 VFR 400 NC30, will look a little different come the end of the summer of tweaking.
    [​IMG]
  8. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want one of those SO bad.
  9. Mazaev

Mazaev Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kissed a left turner (middle of block, double yellow, driveway) last night. Panic braking practice ftw!

[​IMG]

The firemen and ambulance guys had a good laugh at that. I just want my bike rideable again :-(
  10. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    1) Are you okay?
    2)Am I seeing that right? MB star grille ornament embedded in your bike?

:eek1:eek1:eek1
  11. Mazaev

Mazaev Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1. Yep, walked away from this one. The lady in the benz suddenly started turning left across a double-yellow into a lot as I was accelerating, then stopped right in the middle of my lane. No room to swerve around. I slowed down as much as possible before impact (rear wheel was just starting to come up) but not quite enough. Went over the handlebars upon impact, thankfully missing her hood.

2. Right in the headlight. I thought this sort of thing only happened in movies and internet memes. Just rolled it back home from where it happened. Preliminary damage report: busted crank case cover (bled out all over the road), plastics, fender, headlight, mirror, lever, bar end, and something is screwed up with the forks or front axle as the front wheel kept rubbing something (not fun when rolling it home 2.5 miles). Probably more to be found when the clothes come off.

Anyone familiar with how to handle insurance issues with things like this? I've yet to pick up the police report (damn 3-day weekend).
  12. greywolves

greywolves Too OLD to be a NOOB - ANYWHERE!

Oddometer:
    GREAT job my man!!!!

Excellent work! NO damage to you and "minimal" to the viffer!!!
    Looks to me like you were on your game.
  13. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    A more clear, daytime pic of the embedded emblem would be great.
  14. Lolthatguy

Lolthatguy Has a Zombie House

Oddometer:
    +1.
    I cant work out how the merc badge is stuck there??

Great job on pulling your bike up. Pity it ended the way it did though. Hopefully it gets sorted real soon, and doesn't leave you out of pocket.
  15. Lolthatguy

Lolthatguy Has a Zombie House

Oddometer:
    I just oedered a new chain and sprockets for my Honda. Ive gone a 45 tooth rear, which is +2. and left the front stock at 17t.
    I purchased it from this company in Queensland. It was $80 more than some shitty chinese branded sprocket set, and I have heard some really good things about there gear and how long it really lasts.

http://www.chaingangchainsandsprockets.com.au/

Should be a nice improvement :evil The difference on a zzr250 was noticable, can't wait to see what its like on an 800 :wink:

Anyone here have the +2 rear gearing? How do you find it?

I forgot to get a speedo healer, so that will have to wait another week or three.
  16. seantx

seantx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would like to hear about the +2 sprocket as well.
  17. Mazaev

Mazaev Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did the +2 a while back. It makes it a bit easier to make 90 degree turns without downshifting I to 1st. Also, it makes 6th gear usable (6krpm at 80mp)

About the Benz emblem, it got wedged under the little red nose thingie between the headlights. She took it back when the whole thing was over, so no daytime pics.
  18. Ray of Sunshine

Ray of Sunshine Happy Grrrl

Oddometer:
    Make sure you have the frame checked. That sort of front end impact can easily bend an aluminum frame.

BTW, the lady should have let you keep the MB star. It is a fairly earned trophy. Glad you are okay.
  19. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Wow dude! Good on you for braking hard right up to impact. If you are going to hit something, might as well shed as much kinetic energy as possible before it happens.

Hope the bike is relatively OK. The MB badge stuck to the front is hysterical!
  20. Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow Thread Ninja

Oddometer:
    The badge is a cracker. Bug get the frame checked. String lined or simialar

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers