Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its a Seat Concepts, it was a pad & cover swap. He gave me the stock stuff as well. I'll probably put some more miles on before deciding for sure.

This bike has had the white over the headlight sprayed as well. I'd guess Krylon Fusion. Looks awesome from 2 feet. I'm definitely am not complaining for what I have in it.
  2. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    You should bring it to danville tomorrow.....
  3. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's how my paint job is; looks good from a few feet away. I was a bit disappointed initially, but then I went ahead a beat the living shit out of the rest of the bike, so now the imperfect paint job fits fine.

Let me know if you want to get rid of the lower seat. I've made due with my factory one, but a lower seat would help my 28" inseam.
  4. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I'm on call this weekend, or I'd take you up on that.
  5. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I'm out too, gotta work in the early day.

If anyone wants to do some back roads and trails Sunday, I'm gonna start out of my place (cause I gots trails) and head east....hit Danville, head south towards Coshocton, grab some Uncorked or Warehouse and if there's time left maybe hit the Wills Creek area, the usual stuff I guess.
  6. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    This is tempting since Tom pussed out on me. I dunno if Penner is still planning on riding or not
  7. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    That was still my plan. It looks like the weather is going to be OK
  8. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Good deal
  9. ssreed84

ssreed84 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry wasn't trying to do that. It looked liked it would be a fun ride but I just don't have a bike for that.
  10. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    so, I'm headed down to Nelsonville for the BBQ Festival for free samples:

OCTOBER 20TH
    12 NOON - as long as samples last
    The Sling Your Meat BBQ sampling consists of participants cooking pork butt provided to them.
    Prepared BBQ pork butt is brought to the Sling Your Meat sampling area near the main stage for the public to sample at no charge.

which will be given out at the main stage, in the Elks parking lot. See yinz there maybe.
  11. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    See you there, I will be on the orange High Viz Harley with the ADV sticker on the saddle bag..I would appreciate a FYYFF note left on the seat if anyone sees it parked.

12. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

I believe I saw you pulling in, but I didnt notice the ADV sticker or I'd have stopped to say hi...I was just leaving, red jacket, silver helmet.

[​IMG]

saw these 4 bikes when I got there...were still there when I left, but I never spotted the owners

[​IMG]

couple DRZ's, a KLR 650 and a Honda 400 getting a bit of a cafe treatment

[​IMG]

nice shape on the old Honda.

meanwhile, I only stayed maybe an hour, just long enough to eat some free samples (not that great) drink 1 beer and walk around a bit. It had rained on the way down, and then started again as I was checking the place out...figured if I'm gonna get wet, it might as well be on the ride home so I split.
  13. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes,
    I saw you! I thought you were on one of those bikes you show here. I got a little rain on the way through Zaleski State Forest. It was a drab day for sure. I need to get some good rain gear or a 'Stich Darien outfit and also I need to just bite the bullet, take advantage of the beefy alternator on the Road Glide and get me some heated gear. I am getting a bit cold natured in my old age especially on these damp days. Rocky Boots was packed, I too ate a bit of the 'Que, I agree it was OK but not great, and then rode towards Athens through drizzling rain.

14. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Mpenner and I had a pretty damn good ride. We ate breakfast at the greasiest of greasy spoons and went exploring, rode random gravel from Mt. Vernon to Loudonville, putted around the state forest a bit, did a few of the usual roads out of Brinkhaven, and pointed toward Killbuck to check out a trail he had spotted from his Strom. The trail turned out to be a bust (but helluva fun for the 1/2 mile or so of it we ran until it turned into woods), so we pointed toward Coshocton for the hell of it. We hit the dirt roads (really just greasy mud) and rode a nice trail/haul road with some DEEEEEEP mud holes. We made sure the Stockum graveyard was still there (it is and still as creepy) and since he had lost half the teeth off his rear sprocket, headed for home around 4. We managed to ride all gravel and twisties back home. All in all a good day...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    I had a blast. Sometimes I think that I have explored all the good roads in Ohio and have seen all of the interesting sights. but I saw some cool new stuff yesterday.

I was thinking after I got home that we should have tried that trail from the other end. Maybe another day.

I looked up the legend of Mary Stockum when i got home. It turns out that that stone with no marker that looked really old in the clump of trees is hers. After reading the stories, I think it was her that ruined my sprocket and not my lack of maintenance or being too cheap to replace worn out chains and sprockets,
  16. rellim_63

rellim_63 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I believe stuckom had two graves. But don't quote me on that
  17. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:

I quoted you...:lol3 I seem to remember reading one of the stories that said she had been dug up, her head removed, and her head and body being buried elsewhere to ward off the witch craft. I watched a documentary on the Salem witch trials last night, those people were crazy...

Yeah, i need to compare my GPS track from yesterday with google earth, there has to be a way through that, it looked pretty well traveled by ATV traffic....I bet that if it weren't for the leaves and threat of rednecks we could have picked out where the trail went.

From where we split off, I was able to grab Tucker road back up and ride those roads back to my house, Including that fun little one with the tree canopy.
  18. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    This year sucks it.

I can't remember a time in the last year when I wasn't hurt, screwed up, chasing my tail doing something, messing with broken cars, houses, people and animals. I don't think I rode less, except when I didn't have a bike. Actually, I think I rode more when I didn't have a bike. Yeah, it's possible.

Woke up this morning to go riding with invisible_monster, walked down into the basement to get my gear and water is standing all over the place. The pressure tank inlet pipe has ruptured and is spraying water all over the fucking place.

:cry

So, $50 later and several hours of cussing and sweating pipes and that's fixed. Soaked a bunch of stuff, but nothing too major mostly the corner of my basement where my "preps" are, stored food and stuff.

I did get the bike out and rode a few back roads and explored around Dry Creek and the Licking some more before coming home with a splitting headache. The only interesting thing I found on this trip was a guy sitting in a tree stand on the bank of the Licking wearing pink camo. Hey, I don't judge. The deer might tho.
  19. rellim_63

rellim_63 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yeah the first grave is supposed to be there in the haul roads where you guys were, then the second is between plainfield and kimbolton i think.

Those haul roads are good times but i always get lost when i go out that way
  20. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I do as well, that's half the fun and they all eventually dump you back out on 541, 83 or 93