Old guy may repeat mistake of owning liter sport bike

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by YamaLink, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Zerk

Zerk DILLIGAF

Oddometer:
    Straight jacket memories, and sedative highs
    If you buy a bike thinking it won't be that bad, your in for it. As long as you have another bike you can actually ride.
  2. Zerk

Zerk DILLIGAF

Oddometer:
    Straight jacket memories, and sedative highs
    Until he posts in whats the largest thing you have ran over, and its a child on the sidewalk.
  3. Trans4ormer

Trans4ormer B to V 1983

Oddometer:
    62 years old and have been riding street/off-road for 48 years...sold the Goldwing and looking for something FUN. Retired to the Ozarks for the quality of motorcycle roads/riding...38 miles from my driveway to Push Mountain Road and only 3 miles to The Devil's Backbone...Aprilia Tuono or a Super Duke are sure looking good.
  4. ikonoklass

ikonoklass Kountersteering Krew

Oddometer:
    Me too. Plenty fast enough, thank you. And compared to the Speed Triple, every other bike steers too slowly!
  5. ddeitz

ddeitz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I couldn't agree more, and with our nanny laws I'm not sure how they are even allowed to be sold with more than 2 gears.. Even that is too many. However I love mine to death and the smile it puts on my face every time I give it gas is well worth it. Single best thing I've ever bought.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.156740,-96.884865
  6. tenderfoot

tenderfoot PRJ

Oddometer:
    Agreed, I added to the 1200GS a 999S while I still can fit (59), problem is that the GS is on battery tender while the Duc gets regular use. The speed (where appropriate) becomes addictive.
  7. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:
    I rode the Diavel... BOING! Killer power with gentlemanly ergos. A great compromise!
  8. nedodjija

nedodjija Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got an older Speed Triple and that thing has plenty of power for me. My have clip-ons so I feel extra fast:rofl. Maybe you just want to get a set of clip-ons if you still have the triple. Or just go and get whatever you think it will blow your clothes off as you ride it!
  9. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I'm cheap, either one purchased under $3k, they do just job just fine when you know how to ride them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]