2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Bikeaddict

Bikeaddict Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer:
  2. kareblak

kareblak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That bike looks awesome. But how many tons will it weigh? Can't wait for a decent 800 with that-ish look. Gnarly!
  3. Terence FFM

Terence FFM prof. cat-herder

Oddometer:
    It still lacks a 19" front wheel to compete with the GS. It would have been nice for a slightly lower exhaust pipe to get more usable volume out of the right side pannier, although I imagine with today's noise/emissions regs, that is easier said than done. I doubt the designer did back flips when the engineer handed him the data sheet with the dimesions of the new can. I hope they add a little weight to the crankshaft to improve low rpm manners. I'll take 135 easily manageable low rpm horsepower on a slippery hairpin in the Alps over 155 good for the Autobahn, the racetrack but no where else ponies any day. Let Ducati keep their braggin rights; I won't lose sleep over it. Otherwise, it doesn't look like it turned into a portly beast the way the Triumph, Honda and Yamaha did - sorry, anything more than 240 kilos for an adventure bike is too much!

Keep in mind, this is all written based on the assumption that a stripped down 990 ADV / pumped up 950SE is on it's way cause that, if anything, will be the only bike to replace my 990! The pictured bike is what I classify as an adventure bike, the 1090R I am hoping for is a "Rip you a new one dirt road and single track with light luggage bike". :deal
  4. Terence FFM

Oddometer:
    That's the new ABS unit from Bosch. KTM needed something to make the bike as heavy as the newest offerings from Triumph, Honda and Co.

A really clunky data aquisition unit perhaps?
  5. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Forest Ranger Magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can't imagine what the fuel economy is on a 1290 KTM, and those are damn small tanks.....
  6. Terence FFM

Oddometer:
    It looks to be the same case piece used on the RC8 engine. There are better pics of the bike from the front that show it better. In other words, it's still a dry sump.
  7. rockitdoc

rockitdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Box on the back must be data collector/computer. As this is a prototype, the exhaust can wouldn't be in the final design. Windscreen looks also to be a collage of sorts to help sort final design. Guarantee that the final design will be far more polished and similar to this but not exact.
  9. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just when the 990 starts gaining an audience, they bring out this pig. 600lbs, low seat, and real cramped to the footpegs. Doesn't even look very suitable for touring. :cry
  10. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    Looks shorter.
  11. Pete156

Pete156 I love to eat!

Oddometer:
    Doesn't look like it can hold 6 gallons. Might have a range of 100 miles. Make a nice hill climber or drag bike.
  12. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    I would probably rip that whole exhaust can off the bike on my first baja trip. :lol3

The design (and engine size) appears as if they are marketing toward the more pavement oriented riders, direct competition with the BM's. Not a big surprise there I guess, that's what sells.

Seems like they forgot to the put the beak on the prototype. :rofl
  13. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    Odd as the earlier spy pics showed a bike with a 19" front. Though there was some comments that it was the SM-T.

I was expecting the 1290 to be Super-Tenere like with a 19" front and the 1090R to be an evolution of the current design.
  14. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, my thinking too. Make a R1200GS equivalent for those who ride 90% slab and 10% gravel roads.

But then what lies ahead for the 990? More of the same?
  15. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    A 990 Super Enduro. I can dream, cant I? :lol3
  16. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bike looks rather small... or the guy is way too big!
  17. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    I'm already dreaming of what it would look like all farkeled up :evil

It looks to have suspension and proper wheel sizes...some rear rally tanks, a high fender and...and....

Looks good to me assuming that dude isn't five foot nothing.
  18. syzygy9

syzygy9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn - The last thing we need is the last remaining dirt orientated 'adventure bike' manufacturing making an already too heavy and powerful a bike even more heavy and powerful . . . and more road orientated. Isn't the 'adventure touring' class already saturated with 250kg road bikes with limited suspension and small knobbies.

Com'on KTM, where is the the 180kg, 250mm suspension, 30L tanked, 600 to 800cc V twin 'adventure' bike (not an adventure 'touring' bike epitomized by the 800GS) that seem to be completely missing in the current market.
  19. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Keep dreaming. :lol3

There is a 1090 Adventure R due out next year. I'm guessing same 990 with slightly more power.

[​IMG]
  20. Guano11

Guano11 Stop me if you've heard this one....

Oddometer:
    Water pump.