New and improved KTM690 WUNDERFEST

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by crankshaft, Sep 6, 2011.

1. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    356 miles SE or 539 miles NW of Orla, Texas
    Some times it is something simple. I had stalling issues (lean) once because I forgot to tighten :eek1 the clamp on the throttle body after having the air box off.

Another time, the entire Ambient Air Temp sensor fell out of the bottom of the throttle body and was resting on the hot transmission below the throttle body indicating a much hotter air input (too lean to idle).

I've never heard of 690 idle issues being fuel pump related, but do know that proper idle is related to proper throttle position sensor calibration. This can be done with the KTM diagnostic tool or TuneECU. A lot has be written in this thread (and the 690 TuneECU thread) not long ago about this calibration. Cleaning the injector nozzle may also help.
  2. slidefighter

slidefighter Gather it up, keep on...

Oddometer:
    That is really great help with the ACC1 and ACC2 circuits. Thanks very much to all who checked in on the subject. I'll post up when I finish.

Thank you all very much...

Lee...
  3. advEd

advEd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone got a link to Bartrons Canisterectomy? Ive been to the 690wiki, but wont show me pics.

Thanks,

Ed
  4. Bike Nomad

Bike Nomad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the link to the thread, it's in post # 7 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666269

but it won't help you much because the pictures are no longer visible there either. Hopefully he can get those back up and working, because it was a fantastic resource he gave us in that thread.
  5. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Forest Ranger Magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally added the video to the valve check page and cleaned it up a little.

http://ktm690.info/index.php/Valve_Check
  6. TheMuffinMan

Oddometer:
    Really? The wiki pictures come up without issue for me when using an external internet connection to the wiki server.

Maybe you were going to the Canisterectomy mk 2 page which the pictures were lost....

Here's Bartron's but on the wiki http://ktm690.info/index.php/Canisterectomy_-_Bartron
  7. TheMuffinMan

Oddometer:
    In cleaning up the Canisterectomy mk 2 page I'm going to re-do my resistors to get new pictures but can someone take a picture from a stock bike of the canister in it's stock location with hoses and then a picture of the hose running to the gas tank vent port and the throttle body port?
  8. advEd

advEd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link mate. I have a few average pics of both sides of the bike in stock condition. Have a look and see if that helps. Let me know if they are helpful or not. I can go take some more.

[​IMG]
  9. advEd

advEd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    hope it helps
  10. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Aus/UK spec bikes don't have the canister.
  11. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    Air filter clean? I had the same symptoms when mine got a little too dirty.
  12. advEd

advEd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep, just remembered. At least that has been highlighted. :)
  13. Tbone675

Tbone675 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check valve clearance and flash new map. Try ama's map mods it's in the 690 tuneecu thread. Tune ecu worked for me.
  14. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:

Sorry I do not..other than buying my bike from a dealer I have never taken it to one or anyone else for any sort of service.
  15. drunkenrich

drunkenrich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ok, valves are in spec, they were done 800 miles ago when I bought the bike, so next I will check the air filter, air box sensor and clamp and go from there......maybe the tps next?
  16. LethPhaos

LethPhaos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    have you tried recalibrating the throttle and an idle reset? doesn't take effort at all and it has solved some weird (smaller) issues for me in the past
    turn on key, wait for fuel to prime and tacho to settle, steadily open throttle all the way and back closed again (steady is key), turn off key
    turn on key, wait for fuel to prime and tacho to settle, start engine (no throttle), let run for 15 minutes, turn off key
  17. drunkenrich

drunkenrich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will try that, thank you
  18. Sethro303

Sethro303 Master of Disaster

Oddometer:
    +1. Just had a hard starting and stalling issue that the throttle position reset cured 100%
  19. Sbushong1

Sbushong1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

On my 2014 I just had a similar experience (sputtering and then stalling as I came to a stop), and this after my first service. I had taken it off road and it was fine until the end of the ride. Frustrated i started going back through what it might have been -- bad gas, problem with air filter, ... In fact the garage had not completely tightened the negative terminal on the battery. I did and so far it is running fine again. Hope yours is something as simple as that.
  20. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Is there any issue with just doing the Throttle calibration again by itself?
    I was thinking doing just my throttle only to see if my response changes any. Seems kinda flat.

After my EVO1 download I did do the throttle calibration and the 15 minute idle learn. :1drink