Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. goodolguzzi

goodolguzzi Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer:
    Seeings how i'm staying approx in the middle of the start & finsh...bigolebrain had an idea!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a 'lil outta place

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sweetoleford

[​IMG]

time to climb...the Campton/Waterville side of SandwichNotch...it's a bitch :deal

[​IMG]

motocontent!!!

[​IMG]

freakin nofun
    [​IMG]

I made it...time for a few PBR :1drink

[​IMG]

the band played on...

[​IMG]

as the straggles rolled in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blair Bridge from the patio

[​IMG]

tiredoleshadowguy

[​IMG]

about 50/50 tar/dirt...2700 climb feet...and i wondered why the PBR tasted so good :lol3

[​IMG]
  2. djb_rh

djb_rh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a new Leadville update, for anyone interested. The CTS camp is highly recommended.

--Donnie
  3. Schnickelfritz

Schnickelfritz pick, grin, repeat

Oddometer:
    Um, mother fucking excuse me? Not sure I read this right.
  4. vfr700

vfr700 172S

Oddometer:
    I think you did read it correctly. Piss off the motoring public and expect aggravated assault in the form of a car brake checking you...copy that. I think a violent felony is appropriate given the circumstances, after all they bring it on themselves.
  5. zippy

zippy Southside of the Sun

Oddometer:

wow you must be fun at parties
  6. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    I've lost the subject-verb agreement in your last statement. Who brought what on themselves? The dr. who is going to jail for passing and then causing an accident while injuring two cyclists OR the cyclists who were riding in a legal manner?
  7. vfr700

vfr700 172S

Oddometer:
    It was a fragmented thought. How one can lay any blame on the cyclists for such a violent act ("...riders do bring this on themselves") is absurd. Regardless of how the cyclists were riding, agg. assault with a vehicle is an egregious response.
  8. melville

melville Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought the first bridge looked familiar, then the Notch Road sign, but Blair Bridge confirmed it. Nice ride! Been 25 years since I did that one, glad to see the road connecting SN road to 175 at Wishman Hill is still open. I'll be there in a coupla weeks showing my kids Big Rock and all the other Mad River swimming holes.
  9. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Thanks - I think the punishment fit the crime and for the icing on the cake, I'm sure a civil action will quickly follow.

(I'm in Ahwatukee - have recently started riding the Saturday morning rides with the PMBC - if you're on any of these, look for me - a blue recumbent.)
  10. vfr700

vfr700 172S

Oddometer:
    I find myself on Pecos every now and then, hopefully we will cross paths.
  11. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Good deal - I'm taking a week off the bike and that ends Saturday. After that, I'm on Pecos and other parts of Ahwatukee from roughly 0430 to 0530 most morning at least until the heat breaks and I can ride after work. Hope to see you out - safe riding otherwise.
  12. Aurelius

Aurelius Long timer

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/knyB1p_TgCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The text underneath says that he was inconsolable after losing the race because the cleat on his shoe came loose from the pedal.

:tough
  13. zippy

zippy Southside of the Sun

Oddometer:
    Plantation triathlete Molli Serrano was riding through Weston with more than 30 cyclists when a sheriff's deputy stopped them around dawn, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Serrano was the only one given a $65 ticket on March 6. Her offense: riding outside the bike lane – a violation the deputy said was committed by most everyone in the group. Deputy Dominic Raimondi says Serrano got the ticket because she stood out in her purple outfit. He said there were so many cyclists, he had to choose one, so he chose to "fixate" on the woman in purple.

Serrano, a cancer survivor, wears purple to bring awareness to pancreatic cancer. The group left the bike lane to pass a slower rider – which is allowed by state law, said her attorney, Jonathan Ewing. Serrano, a stay-at-home mom who rides 200 miles a week with the Weston Flyers, said she's contesting the ticket as a matter of principle.
  14. Aurelius

Aurelius Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad the cops are finally doing something about these lawless hooligans.

:hide
  15. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    Completely off topic from the last few posts, but I forgot to mention this when it happened.

So, last week I was at my local trail for the first time feeling really good about myself for wanting to be in better shape and have fun doing it. Well, along comes this guy who is doing much better than me which is reasonable. However, he is pedaling kinda funny. I get to looking, and he only has ONE LEG! :eek1 Riding a MTB!

Much respect to that guy :freaky
  16. ScootTour

ScootTour Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know that feeling. My first year of cycling I thought I was doing good until a couple on mountain bikes and huge tires passed me up on the paved road while having a conversation. I was riding a carbon fiber road bike.
  17. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    LOL! Wrong feeling. He was starting from the parking lot as I finished, I have no idea how fast he was. That said, he looked like he had been doing this for a long time, so I bet he would have been faster/more efficient than me.

I just meant that I really respected the guy for doing something he loved, even though the odds were against him.
  18. ScootTour

ScootTour Long timer

Oddometer:
    dig it, yeah it was at that moment that I fully understood that it is indeed the rider, not the bike.
  19. Aurelius

Aurelius Long timer

Oddometer:
    With only one leg, he'd certainly have a weight advantage.

:hide
  20. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    his working form home deal and working a split shift allowed me to go for another ride today. I didn't even feel like the half awake dead since I got a whole 6 hours sleep last nght.:clap

Middle of the day, (hot if you stood around in the sun, perfect at 15 mph), so down and back up the trail for an hour each way. Stopped at the park for water and a Gu. Then up the face. Feeling better. Down to 165 today. Ten more and I'll be closer.

We did this health accessment at work every year. First year I did it they told me I was borderline obease at 180 and 5'10". :huh
    So, I got more serious about diet and this bike. Then a year later similar story only I was maybe two pounds lighter.

Maybe...

Then I bought the Roubaix, and got more serious.
    Now, I'm looking at this as how I have to live since this past winters lower back disk fun. I still have this lump-feeling in my left side but it isn't really painful, just a tight feeling spot if I sit or stand too long. It is supposed to work out with stretching and strengthening my core. I guess that means crunches.

The tape:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/14558505/embed/cd0ebe40f7ad22847667dc1634ee85ec7e492247'></iframe>