Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Can someone with a Triumph OEM centerstand on their Scram take a pic and post it of how the stand upper stop works? I'm converting Thruxton to Scram and for the Bonneville/Thrux the centerstands hit a rubber stop on the left silencer (bracket coming off the silencer). Obviously the Scram doesn't have low-slung silencers so I'm wondering how the stop is mounted and can't find ANY pics on the net.
  2. ChuBrocka

ChuBrocka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of a good aftermarket CDI igniter unit for an '06 Scrambler? The shop has quoted $690 for the part and the 45 minutes labor to install. Anything cheaper but still quality out there?
  3. smolt

smolt Pike-dodging emigree

Oddometer:
    Triumph Performance USA LINK sells ignitors (aka ignition modules).
  4. Joe883

Joe883 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I need your brains! I ordered the hitch for the scrambler, waiting on it's arrival. have the trailer, and the kayak.
    Where do I find a kit to wire the trailer lights wiring harness to the bike. It will need to be a 4 pin flat connector.
    I am going to change the trailer lights to LED's for less current.

Thanks for y'alls help.
  5. tvscum

tvscum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The stand has identical metal to metal stops on each side. Here is a wide shot:
    [​IMG]

In this shot I am pushing down on the stand to open the stops slightly:
    [​IMG]

In this shot the stand is up and the stops are closed:
    [​IMG]
  6. b0rderman

b0rderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. tvscum

tvscum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anybody ever run mixed spring rates in the front forks of a Scrambler? I am running the stock spring (.74 kg/mm) in one, and a RaceTech (.95 kg/mm) in the other. I figure they average out to about .85 kg/mm. I heard this is a fairly common practice. But are there any issues doing this? Wobble? Uneven wear?
  8. Shercoman

Shercoman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check here:
    http://www.motorcycle-rack.com/CycleTrailer.htm#WiringConverters
  9. tvscum

tvscum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rainbow from Mount Soledad in San Diego:

[​IMG]
  10. ChrisLX200

ChrisLX200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Warranty expired on my ContourHD head cam so I performed the External Mic mod on it. Normally, audio from a Contour is all but useless because of wind noise, it's a lot better now. Still needs tweaks - the gain is too high so it's clipping and distorting (engine sounds like it's missing but that's just the mic overload). Anyway - a clip:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q3O7X46Xl8E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  11. Farm Biker

Farm Biker n00b

Oddometer:
    Interesting upcoming event. Nice poster!
    http://www.fuelmotorcycles.eu/?page_id=972
    "Have you ever imagined riding your bike in the middle of nowhere? Have you ever dreamed to travel kilometers through the desert to hear only the sound of your engine? Have you ever thought as it should be traveling on a motorcycle 40 years ago? Are you one of those nostalgic people? If you answered yes to all questions, you can not miss the first edition of the Africa Scram! We’ve made &#8203;&#8203;for you .. only for nostalgic riders!"

<ADDRESS>"At Fuel Bespoke In Motorcycles we want to live a unique experience, a journey with classic and neoclassic motorcycles from Algeciras to Morocco touring southern roads, trails, and desert, a route designed especially for ”big” motorcycles as the BMW GS80, GS100, Triumph Scrambler, Royal Enfield , customized bikes and some more. All the infrastructure of the trip is organized by Soloraids, a company specializing in travel to Morocco with many years of experience in motorcycles and 4×4 trips."</ADDRESS>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.fuelmotorcycles.eu/?page_id=972
  12. The Killstar

The Killstar Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer:
    Don't DON'T sign up for that. I signed up for info and have been getting crushed by awesome updates and invites. I WANT TO GO. I CAN'T AFFORD IT. PLEASE STOP MAKING ME FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!
  13. RudyS2MT

RudyS2MT Rudy in MT

Oddometer:
    Helena, MT; mountains and dirt roads all around...
    My new 2009 Bike Photo! (finally signed up for Photobucket)

This was on my second ride. Taken just outside of Helena,MT overlooking the mighty Missouri River.

[​IMG]

Had a fine ride Saturday. About 100 miles in mid 40 degree temps. Some sun so it wasn't bad at all.

I've got several more mods going onto the bike. Clearwater LED driving lights and Voltage monitor, Socttoiler (eSystem), "Hyperlight rear lights. Rentec rack (if one ever shows up??!! Anyone know anything about the USA dealer???).

I will be needing luggage of some type by Summer but I'm still researching it. I had Jesse Boxes on my 03 Dakar and liked them but I think I'll go with easily removable soft bags for now. Anyone tried the Wolfman luggage?

Thanks again for all the help in both selecting and also outfitting my Scrambler!

Rudy in Montana
  14. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Henry, this is weird, I sent an email to de Ceasar only an hour ago to ask what the weight of the swing arm is because I could not find the info on their website and I log on to ADV and here it is!!! BUT, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WEIGHT SAVING OVER THE STOCK SWINGAM IS? I would love to know before I put in my order. Thanks, Griz
  15. 9mmMike

9mmMike Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does that swing-arm have buttons for a quicklift jack?
  16. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just weighed a stock Thruxton swingarm (bathroom scale numbers, weighed 4x and averaged, FWIW) and it was 13.1 pounds or 5.94 kg. You'd save about 2.74 kg or roughly 6 pounds of unsprung weight with the alloy swingarm.

Jason
  17. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grizzlybear
    Hi Henry, this is weird, I sent an email to de Ceasar only an hour ago to ask what the weight of the swing arm is because I could not find the info on their website and I log on to ADV and here it is!!! BUT, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WEIGHT SAVING OVER THE STOCK SWINGAM IS? I would love to know before I put in my order. Thanks, Griz

Griz, it gives you about 3 kg off:-)

No that is a level riser for the shocks
    for what is worth just hit 3 kg on the bath weight
    [​IMG]
  18. Shining

Shining Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Five italians Bonneville and one Thruxton "scramblerized"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My italian friends: Sthruxton, Nobodyheroes, Mr. Noisy, Bebo4, Dr. Gonzo, Salvatorx
    [​IMG]
    ButchNZ likes this.
  19. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Nice matching helmets and jackets :D

Also interesting header wrap job in that one photo...
  20. Farm Biker

Farm Biker n00b

Oddometer:
    Wonderful photos! Thanks. I ran across a short film entitled, "It's Better in the Wind" that reflects a nice message about friendship, motorcycles and feeling free. I guess it reflects why many of us ride Triumphs or when we are not riding then we are probably thinking about it. Here is the link http://vimeo.com/31288625 for anyone that would like to watch.