Global Wild Card Tag

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Stagehand, Jan 26, 2010.

1. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    Right now, I prefer the heat!!!!!! (Since there ios a lack of it here too)
    Get the tag since its so warm and toasty there, be sure to show off some "curves" :D
  2. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Having visited your fine country a few times, I would like to be down there again. Now would be a good time!:D
  3. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well then go find us a pool preferably one with lot's of Aussies in bikinis hanging out, waiting for the shrimp on a barbie to be ready.:D

So who's gonna maintain a list of tag's that have already been tagged in here?:wink:
  4. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    groan:D

5. Lee Gunn

Lee Gunn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its even hotter today - 36 celcius and last night it dropped to 20 celcius so was hard to sleep - heading to the beach to show off the curves later....he he he.........now where are we with the tags?
  6. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    Here , in the summer, we get 100f and 90%+ humidity.( Ever sweat just watchin the grass turn brown?) Right know its 25f and 20 %humidity.
  7. catang5oh

catang5oh Blithering Idiot

Oddometer:
    Tag i think,
    lotsa rain here, would like a little snow for a change!

[​IMG]
  8. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    Up here it snows and snows.... Down in Lausanne it rains and snows and rains and snows... :cry:puke1
    I wanna ride again.... And I wanna have some warm sun again...
    Have to be patient, I guess.

So show me your best tags to keep me alive! :freaky
  9. catang5oh

catang5oh Blithering Idiot

Oddometer:
    Next Tag

How bout a larger than life Statue, Figure, Etc......

[​IMG]
  10. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    Want snow?
    [​IMG]

Bruced in Feburay!
  11. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Hey DD, looks like this next batch of Winter weather is going to give "it" to ya....:D
  12. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    Yup, I will be riding "in" this for the next few days

[​IMG]
  13. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    Okay, maybe my first Global tag?

Ive seen some big lawn grubs in my day, but nothing this big!
    [​IMG]

Now if thats good enough for ya (here is how big grubs usually are)

Park next to a truck with more than 2 Harley Stickers
    ( five on this one:rofl )

[​IMG]
  14. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmm,:dood so your tag grab is larger then life of a grub painted on a screendoor.:rolleyes , I think the intent was to get roadside sculpture of some kind. But still if you put etc... in your tag requirements then you will get some guy with a grub on a screendoor, who's next tag is to find a truck with Harley stickers in Global tag!

Please be specific everyone on how acurately you want your tag shot to be recreated somwhere in the world, if you wanted to see a statue or figure somewhere like your's was then don't put etc... in here.:lol3

Did you gear all up just to push your Ducati around the grub exterminators parking lot?
  15. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    You know I'm just playing...but I'm just saying...Go out and ride and find something truly special around where you live. Even Mass. and the surrounding area must have 2 things more interesting then 2 shots taken in a parking lot.
  16. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    Sorry, over looked the Statue, Figure and just focused on the Ect part. If its not good enough then I will pull it down.

Seeing I rode all day yesterday in MA, NH and VT and the temp never got above 32 degrees, I figured a short ride today would be okay. Seeing it was snowing when I pulled back into the driveway. Tough crowd

Wasn't there a shopping cart return as one of the tags? At least the Harley sticker has something to do with bikes :lol3
  17. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    I agree, but also advise folsk keep in mind the global nature of the game and as such do not get overly specific such that you cut out riders simply because the theme in question does not exist in their area.

I started one on a different forum that was stuck for a while because a guy mad e the theme "a major league baseball stadium". Turns out none of the players other than him were anywhere one.
  18. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    Did you gear all up just to push your Ducati around the grub exterminators parking lot

Its my parking lot where I keep my Ducati.

However I did go out and ride looking for a smoke stack ( for the north American wild card tag) but couldn't find one before the flakes started falling.

When I got back to my office I saw the grub and thought...hmmm, its big, its here, and maybe just maybe it will get by the tag police

seems nothing fools you :ear

If there is a millage minimum on tags then I wouldn't qualify on this one, only did about 30. However that is usually the reason I dont get many tags on ADV, My rides are almost always full day affairs, and I cant figure out how to post with my blackberry. I dont just run out and grab tags then run back home, today would have been no different if the snow hadn't started a few hrs earlier than predicted.

If it stays...I promise to do better next time, if not than...
    :fyyff

19. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    Reading all the comments above (which are all true and well) I think we should really focus on making good themes and wonderful tags. :1drink
    What I want to say is that the "theme-creator" should, as mentioned before, first be creative and then specify what exactly is to be reproduced. Of course taking into account that we are playing GLOBAL.
    The tagger should then be even more creative.
    We should really wait for the creator to give his OK and only then post a new tag.
    Above all, we should realize that this game is not about who is the fastest, but who is the most creative.
    Make it feasible, but not too easy.
    AND HAVE FUN! :D

Do you think this is something we can agree on? :wink:

Cheers from beneath the snow...
  20. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, but I would suggest that creator OK only be used for close calls. The reason for this is that the creator may not be checking the thread as often as we would like and the game can be held up waiting for an OK.