how many here ride triumph tiger 955i

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by DC Chad, Apr 24, 2011.

1. DC Chad

DC Chad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    due to some health issues im going to have to get rid of my GS soon,

so got to thinking what i will get once ive sorted my self out and thinking of the Tiger as they are a lot of bike for little money:1drink

how many of them used on here ?
  2. sooner02r1

sooner02r1 Wannabe

Oddometer:
  3. StevG57

StevG57 Rocky Mtn surf patrol

Oddometer:
    I recently bought a 2001 955i with 23K on it, top box but no side cases, in outstanding condition for $4000. Maybe not a steal but worth it to me. I intend to use the hell out of it.
  4. Dcc46

Dcc46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I actually bought one last week and rode it from Seattle to Salt Lake City .It really is a pleasure to ride.
    jimmyx likes this.
  5. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Could be a delivery problem if GSchad is still in the UK.

I love my 05...

[​IMG]
  6. DC Chad

DC Chad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

that would be some nice ride to bring it home:D:D:D:D

ive always had a soft spot for the tigers but never got around to owning one,
    after various different bike including three different model africa twins
    RD03 04, 07A ,,, a varadero , ktm 990 ADV GS and the present 1150 GSA

ive been very lucky to own some superb bikes , my GSA has been a constant companion for the last two years and 40.000 miles and its really going to sting to let it go:cry

but needs must , so when im back on my feet ive decided the tiger is definitely going to be the next , they have a loyal following over here and wonderd just how many there are roaming your distant land and how much you enjoy them
  7. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon Supporter

Oddometer:

How does it compare to the Uly?
  8. Cos

Cos Re-Greekified

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Lucy orange 05.

Has never let me down.

Suspension could use a tweak or two, brakes are adequate, the engine a real gem.

Range is good, fuel economy is good.

No way i'm selling this one. It fits.

[​IMG]
  9. herrstedt

herrstedt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GSchad

Is it a money-issue or a handability-issue ?. I changed my 06 955i Tiger for a 12GS last year. I sure still miss my Tiger , but the GS is much better for me in maneuvrability. Im only 177cm high (low) and the Tiger was in a tip-toe hight for me. I was going to get a lower suspension rear if it wasnt for a testride on a 12GS with a low seat and a very good offer in excange. Also for my temper the Tiger was a lot more aggressiv in response due to the turbine-jet motor. I think it was like riding a rocket (some may like that). The two bikes have almost the same weight where the GS has the weight lower placed.
    The dealer had my old Tiger for sale quite a long time and I missed it so much that I almost switched back. Im glad though that I didnt because riding along with my daughter I feel a lot more safe because the better handability. The BM also has ABS witch can be a lifesaver some says.

Herrstedt

Attached Files:

10. Dcc46

Dcc46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Both are great bikes. I like the triple motor better and the 6 gallon gas tank of the tiger. The Uly is more comfortable and feels lighter since the center of gravity is alot lower . I would be happy to own either one as my only ride, guess I'm just lucky to have both. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. DC Chad

DC Chad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for the replys everyone, its not a handling or weight issue , its a cold hard cash issue.

no work = no pay so the GSA has to go , ive always like the tiger so it seems a good place to to go after the GS as its a great bike for the money it can be had for:1drink and that triple engine is a peach:evil
  12. kyjenkin

kyjenkin Squatchy

Oddometer:
    I recently bought a Tiger 955i and I really enjoy it!

Attached Files:

13. bgt595

bgt595 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    I recently picked up this clean example after selling off my 98 BRG to a fellow inmate.
    [​IMG]
    I have very little complaints about this bike.
    The 98 was fun this is more fun, the 98 was reliable and easy to ride, the 05 is more reliable and easier.
    The 98 had a soul, the 05 is quickly getting one.
    I miss the 98 a lot
    I look forward to adding many miles to the 05, I hope it gets me to 80k miles like the 98 did.
  14. garymartin

garymartin n00b

Oddometer:
    i've got an '04 tiger that doesn't get out much cause of where it sits in the garage. the guzzi is easier to get out cause of where it sits so i've been riding it more and i've thought of selling the tiger . . . until i rode the tiger for the first time this spring and said to myself "now why would i want to sell this terrific bike?"
    the guzzi and the tiger are trading garage spots for awhile!
  15. pizzaman383

pizzaman383 Black 2004 955i

Oddometer:
    I love my tiger! I've farkled it enough (seat, shock, bars, luggage, oiler) that it is just right.
  16. KF7GTH

KF7GTH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought one in '03 sold it, able to get an '02 last year and love it. triple engine puts a smile on my face every time I twist the throttle. Also nice that I bought the used one for less than a third of what a new one costs:evil
  17. Liberatore

Liberatore n00b

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a burnt orange 05 Tiger with brand new Metzlers and a fresh valve job and I love it, except for it's concrete-Corbin seat.

This is my first adventure bike and look forward to exploring beyond the pavement. Been riding cruisers for the past five years.
  18. rainierrifleco

rainierrifleco n00b

Oddometer:
    you will look long and hard to find a tiger rider with a complaint. i bought an 04 new and have put over 50 k and only changed the oil chains and tires. been the best bike i ever had.
  19. DC Chad

DC Chad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    get somebody to fit a gell pad or a thin layer of foam , and it will be perfection :thumb
  20. texastengu

texastengu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've still got the Blue Meanie ( '06 955i Tiger). The wife and I road it up to the 2008 Inaugural Moto GP in Indianapolis. A week ago I had the 12,000 mile service done on it.