the DR200 thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by klxrdr, May 13, 2007.

1. HeReTiK

HeReTiK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone here replaced their headlight with anything other than stock? Like LED lights, halogen, etc.?
  2. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not on this one....But on my 470 Suz.....I put on a hella hid....:thumb:thumb

Erling
  3. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Group buy anyone? Lets but Sam to work and get him send us few of these ib one load and save on the shipping plus make it bit easier for everyone?? :ear

--
    Mikko
  4. HeReTiK

HeReTiK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How are you guys planning on installing this thing? Drilling into the case to run the lines???
  5. K44rll

K44rll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No need it's a plug and play kit, oil feed is from the 17mm headed main oil gallery feed just below the oil filter housing and return is via the replacement oil filter housing

http://www.motosd.com/vip/UploadFile/2009-3/2009328161330732.gif

Karl
  6. bross

bross Where we riding to?

Oddometer:
    Looks pretty darn vulnerable in a tip over. :deal I'll pass, never had a problem with the bike overheating anyway and I live in a desert.

[​IMG]
  7. HeReTiK

HeReTiK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's awesome. Count me in too. Someone should grab a bunch of these and sell them on eBay.
  8. green hell

green hell yawning or snarling

Oddometer:
    i'm pretty sure my leg would protect that set up from damage in a go-down.
  9. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    That thing is mayhem waiting to happen......If you off road these.....You will hit bumps....you will ding your shin.....If you take a spill you will ding your leg.....and your exposing the magnesium case to carnage.....this is now your new crash bar.......Ouch.......:eek1:eek1

Erling
  10. gazzerwgtn

gazzerwgtn n00b

Oddometer:
    Has anyone checked out the factory oil cooler on the Trojan sometimes called a DF200
    looks like a tidier option

Attached Files:

11. gazzerwgtn

gazzerwgtn n00b

Oddometer:
  12. mike1952

mike1952 Long timer

Oddometer:
    why
  13. K44rll

K44rll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The OE oil cooler alone is $331.51
    As well as the other pipes,connectors you will also be needing a new clutch cover for the oil return $$$$$$$$$$$

I know it's not Suzuki quality but a sensible priced option

Karl
  14. HeReTiK

HeReTiK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. SoccerShark21

SoccerShark21 SoccerShark21

Oddometer:
    So the back story is that my DR200 has been sitting under a cover for a good month because of all of the snow that Virginia was getting. Last week, I had to drain the fuel (which had become very gunky) and clean the connecting bolt for the starter wire.
    Today, I decided that I would start the bike up and let the engine run for a good 15-20 minutes before riding so that it could warm up and kinda clear its system after sitting for a month.
    The problem now is that the bike idles poorly. I stood there for 15 minutes holding the throttle so that the engine wouldn't die, which happened twice when I let go of the throttle. What seems to be wrong? Could it be a carburetor or spark plug issue? What can I do to fix this?

I will also note that the bike definitely has gas. I bought a small gas can and filled it up, so I'm going to add a little fresh gas to the tank to see if that helps after I post this.
  16. bburnette21

bburnette21 Adventure Ready

Oddometer:
  17. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's likely the carb is a little dirty. Maybe fresh gas will clear it.
  18. mamacone

mamacone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the right side of the carburetor there are two hose's the front one goes to the fuel petcock (if you have the original petcock otherwise it is caped off), where does the rear hose on the right go? It looks to me like it sits in a clip on the top of the air box, but that sure looks like an easy way for dust to get into the carburetor? If someone could go take a quick look at their it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  19. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your pilot jet is clogged.... The PJ orifice is not much bigger that a few human hairs.... It plugs up easy after fuel is gunked up..... Remove the fuel line, and vacuum line.....throttle cable as well..... Loosen the two clamps...Rotate the carb so you can take the bowl off.....remove the pilot jet....NOT the center positioned one where the needle goes......Clean it good...or better yet get a new one...it only cost a few bucks.......
    :thumb:thumb

Erling
  20. Andyinhilo

Andyinhilo Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is the carb vent. I thought about the dust factor, too. I was gonna get a fuel filter or maybe a bit of fabric and tie around it, but never did. Never did seem to cause any trouble.