KLX650 riders UNITE

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by COBAUM, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have the tuning data?
    klx650R Original fork tuned

What spring. Brand and strengths Nm of kg
    Which oil.
    How much airchamber.
  2. Old Kiwi#99

Old Kiwi#99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I could be interested in the forks (does that include triples as well?)
    Also in New Zealand :-) Thinking about doing a KLR650 fork swap.
  3. uraberg

uraberg whosaberg?

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in this as well (including shuim stack data), or maybe even buying the forks. (I'm in NC)
  4. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't have any of that. I told them the bike was for desert racing for a 200lbs rider weight. They did the work and sent the forks back. I ordered a rear shock at the same time.

I was running sub tanks with the forks as well so I added oil accordingly. That required drilling and tapping the vent hole for the fitting (off the forks). No doubt the forks are due for a service. Need to be flushed at a minimum. I have a second set of OEM R model forks so I can swap the caps if needed.

I decided to bump up to a set of 48mm WP forks and KTM front hub so the OEM forks were still in service when I did the swap. Forks are still in good shape. Straight as far as I can tell.
  5. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Didn't realize you were out of the country. I also have a rear hub that's not laced to a rim if you would like to save on shipping.

Would have thought parts were more abundant in in your area considering Kawasaki continued to sell the bike in other countries well after they pulled it from US shelves, or so I thought.
  6. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    The fork tuner wrote it down, you can ask for a copy, and sell it then with specifications.
  7. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Right on. It was done a while ago so hopefully they would still have it on record. I'll give them a call.
  8. DaveKLX650R

DaveKLX650R Adventurer

Oddometer:

Yep i'd be keen on both hubs and i can get them laced up here, they did produce them for a while here however it's not easy finding parts.

Let me know the shipping costs and we can arrange payment, Cheers
  9. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The KLX triples weren't needed of course so I can include those with the forks.
  10. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe more bikes in circulation means more owners looking for parts. I've heard the bike is really popular in Europe.

Let me get everything wrapped up and boxed properly so I can get a shipping quote.
  11. DaveKLX650R

DaveKLX650R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, also keen on the caliper adapter if you still have it. (i can source a disc from here)
  12. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Right on. I should have looked at them before posting. I have two R model rear hubs. One is super lace and one is standard lace. I have two R model front hubs. One is super lace and one is standard lace. I also have a C model rear hub with cush drive in standard lace.

I'm going to assume you're only interested in the standard lace hubs. Looks like they're all still laced to rims. I'll unlace them tonight and wrap them. Get back to you on the shipping.
  13. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rocked my KLX650R in a local desert race at Colorado Off Road Extreme near Deer Trail, CO. I placed 3rd in the beginner class. I thought the race was 3 hours and turns out it was 2. I was surprised to see the checker flag. It was a good time though.

Here's a short vid of the "big" finish. Taken on my buddy's cell phone.

http://youtu.be/TJUrVVeaGh4
  14. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    nice...........in the mind flow :wink:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TJUrVVeaGh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Right on. I'll be racing the 650 in a local supermoto race this Sunday. On Aug 4th I'll be back at C.O.R.E. for another desert race. That's assuming the bike is still running. :lol3

Speaking of which... anyone have a complete R model motor they're willing to sell? It would be nice if it ran but not entirely needed. It's my intent to do a full rebuild from the bottom up and then do the same to the motor that's currently in the bike. I would post up a pic of the bike but it doesn't look like I rate them yet.

Maybe this will work. Indirect way anyway...

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95057&stc=1&d=1374193016
  16. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. Landmissile

Landmissile Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn... sorry about that. That's the only option I have at the moment. It's just a shot of the bike with the sumo wheels. Nothing that hasn't been done already.
  18. jobsavers

jobsavers Liketoride

Oddometer:
    Big time lurker this year on this thread and the KLX Yahoo Group Forum. First time poster.

First. BIG THANKS to the contributors to these forums and threads!:clap

I picked up a '95 "R" today near Birmingham in the Deep South. Anybody know this bike?

[​IMG]

note fork decals:
    [​IMG]

other side:
    [​IMG]

cracked fairing (glued back together):
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance. Jobs.
  19. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    fix
    Anybody know this bike?

[​IMG]

note fork decals:
    [​IMG]

other side:
    [​IMG]

cracked fairing (glued back together):
    [​IMG]
  20. jobsavers

jobsavers Liketoride

Oddometer:
    Greets. Thanks for fix'in the pics Myway. I gotta learn to use the Smugmug. Plan on boring you guys with lots of questions this year.

Jobs.