A Little Help from a Eugene Rider

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Coastie3202, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Coastie3202

Coastie3202 King of MY Mountain

Oddometer:
    The wife and I are relocating to the Eugene area next year and are looking for a place now.

Can someone in the Eugene area checkout a house for me? All I need is an opinion on the house and property, and location from the outside. So a simple ride by with a brief stop to take some pics would be great. I also want to know how close to the actual road the property is as I can't get Google Earth to tell me crap about it.

The house is here:

http://www.randreugeneproperties.idxco.com/idx/8000/details.php?idxID=037&listingID=14536878

Any help would be appreciated by a cold beer once I get there.....okay, lunch too.
  2. tblume

tblume Always Be Gambling

Oddometer:
    Gimme a call.

54135975fourtyfive
  3. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    I will give you a call tomorrow. Heading off to a meeting right now. Thanks for your help.
  4. tblume

Oddometer:
    Yup. Or call in an hour, get the whole group on conference call; it's meet up night. :norton
  5. tblume

Oddometer:
    It pops up on street view, talking to chipseal about the lack of well water out there- ask your real estate person about that.

Looks real close to the main road east towards eugene, I'd wonder about cars and trucks on the throttle and on the Jake brake stopping for the intersection.

Might have some light after dinner, if so I'll swing by.
  6. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    the house itself is fairly close to the road, but if you are concerned with traffic noise,,don't worry,,there is very little traffic on Central road.
  7. tblume

Oddometer:
    Ahem.... just there and watched a couple trucks on compression in 2nd going past the driveway headed for the stop, and every time I go out that way on the bike (good roads start there) I'm wringing out first and grabbing second at the driveway for the full throttle escape...

on the other hand, you're probably in the nicest place in that triangle of "town"
  8. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut Flatulent Supporter

Oddometer:
    I live about 12 miles NW of there. Nice area as long as you have water. Ask a lot of questions about the well, water quantity and water quality. Some places out there have excellent plentiful water and next door has absolutely none. You see quite a few people out there with water tanks in pickups for hauling domestic water. Central Rd. doesn't see a ton of traffic but it will see plenty of trucks during the day if they are working out that way. If you are looking for a secluded rural escape...keep looking. If you like small town life....nothing wrong with Crow. The store around the corner whips up a great hamburger and sells gasoline. You are within a short drive to pretty much everything. That area is desirable due to it's proximity to Eugene without having to live "in town".
  9. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    Great info from everyone. Thank you, and thanks to tblume for taking the time to ride out there.

Proximity to the road and the sound of truck jake breaks does not concern me terribly as long as it is not something that occurs all through the night.

Lack of well water however is another story. The listing says "great well", but I will certainly talk to the broker and ask more questions about that.

The only downside to the house is the lack of a garage, but if there is enough property I will probably just build my own detached so that I have a dry cozy place for the bikes and enough room for my shop work.

Thanks again. I look forward to getting moved out there so that I can participate in the gatherings.
  10. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    Well something must be up with that property when the listing agency advised against it. Hmmmmmmmm. Thank God for honesty.
  11. tblume

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

from the middle of the neighbor's parking lot;
    your'e looking at the green house in the trees, you can see a bit of the detached shed/garage I think. south west facing slope, so winter sun partly.

The neighbors on the downhill (left) side of the volunteer FD are a pile of junk and a single wide with the fence torn down, uphill neighbors have a horse and a logtruck out in the field, and there's a bordering street that might access the property in question? :dunno

woulda got in the front yard but there appeared to be tenants stilll dwelling.

eMail inbound...
  12. Trinity_Session

Trinity_Session Long timer

Oddometer:
    Getting out of the "Land of Entrapment"? :) Just got out myself from Rio Rancho. Best of luck with your move.

13. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info and panoramic picture tblume. We have decided to focus our search to the Santa Clara area as it seems to have some decent homes at decent prices without being too stacked on top of each other. I really need to have a large backyard and detached or attached large garage so that the bikes have a place to live, and I have the workshop space that I want. We have one very good prospect right now and I notified the broker that I am working with in Eugene, so we'll see.

I like the idea of living within Eugene anyway as we have lived in this little dirt farmer New Mexico town for 20 years and I am ready for what Eugene can offer.

I am actually from Oregon...North Bend, Coos Bay...and we decided that after I retire from my second career...June 2015...we need to get back to the state we love.

I guess I need to start hanging out in the PACNW room so that I can at least get familiar with some of the inmates that I am sure I will end up riding with.

Thanks again for the help. I greatly appreciate it. Having someone on the ground there that can answer questions or give me their opinion is valuable to us.

John
  14. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    Congrats on getting out. I have started calling it the Land of Entitlement, and the northern part of the state is a cesspool, and 80 of the politicos in Santa Fe are on the dole.

But I won't jump on my soapbox, I will just leave.
  15. MikeinEugene

MikeinEugene Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in the Santa Clara area so could easily check out places for you with no troubles.

We're fixinta sell the big house we're in and seriously downsize soon but have a couple of projects to get out of the way first.
  16. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    Excellent, thanks. We are looking at a house at 2960 Dalewood right now. Looks nice from the pics, but you know how that can go.

Here is the link:

http://www.randreugeneproperties.idxco.com/idx/8000/details.php?idxID=037&listingID=14513459
  17. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    You're selling, I'm looking, so.........................PM me with what ya got.
  18. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    We are also looking in the River Road area south of Beltline.
  19. Chip Seal

Chip Seal Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Coastie, the house on Dalewood is just a block from me. PM me, okay!
    Santa Clara is nice. It is split between City of Eugene and Lane County. Always ask if house is in the county. Taxes are 20% lower in county. New homes are generally in the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Coastie3202

Oddometer:
    PM sent.