Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. JonXX

JonXX Infraction Collector

Oddometer:
    I rode to the DMV to renew my license. I got called up to the counter, set my helmet and gloves down on the counter and said what I needed to do.

Some hunting and pecking and scowling later, the nice lady asks me "Would you like to keep your motorcycle endorsement or let it go?" I gave her the Homer Simpson two-blink stare, looked at my helmet and gloves, looked back at her and, as non-smart-assedly as I possibly could, said "I don't know...What do you think? Should I keep it?"
  2. NJ-GS

NJ-GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Starbuck's dark roast. And extend your pinky when you drink it.
  3. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    You do if you are riding to crash.
  4. pretbek

pretbek Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL you paint a good picture, made me laugh.
    So how did she react? An "ah" moment, or the more likely wooosh?

Starbucks used to be strong enough, but they have watered it down in recent years.
    And isn't it supposed to be your middle finger?
  5. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dress for the ride myself. :dunno
  6. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    I don't ride to crash...but I don't have time to run home and put on all my gear when I do...
  7. dacrazyrn

dacrazyrn ED RN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tied me own boots once last week. (Band of Brothers)
  8. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Laces are so 70's.
  9. flick

flick Man on a mission.

Oddometer:
    Since I moved to Miami I have been getting "is that a real BMW?" about 5 times a week. I just ask people "why would I put BMW on it if it wasn't one?" I just get blank looks back.
  10. MiamiMotorcyclist

MiamiMotorcyclist used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer:
    That's odd. There are a fair amount of BMW bikes around here, even though we are down to one dealership that I can think of.

Welcome to Miami.
  11. kkodet

kkodet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back in high school (late 1990's) I owned (still do) a restored turqoise and white 55 Chevy Bel Air that took me two years working 3 crappy jobs at a time to buy.

People would come up and say things like "does your dad know you are driving his car?" Or "your dads car is sweet". I always laughed and had some good comebacks, because my dad drove a rotted out Ford station wagon. Probably 50% couldn't grasp it was my car no matter how I tried to convince them. One old dude even said he should belt me for being such a liar, to which I just smiled and responded "try it".
  12. flick

flick Man on a mission.

Oddometer:
    I have done a bit of custom work to an uncommon bike. I understand that people don't recognize what it is. It's the fact that they jump to fake before custom that annoys me.

[​IMG]
  13. TrashCan

TrashCan Scary Jerry

Oddometer:

Is this yours???

[​IMG]
  14. flick

flick Man on a mission.

Oddometer:
    Nope, mine has BMW cast in the side of the engine.
  15. Benesesso

Benesesso Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's what I used against a steering wheel spoke during the parallel parking part of my license test, way the hell back in 1958. Took the test in my father's brand new '58 white Buick Century--with power steering, of course. I'd been driving illegally for a while before the test, so was just concentrating on backing that big c#nt-boat into the space.

As I pulled forward I realized that wasn't kosher, and snuck a look at the inspector. He wasn't amused, had a sour look. F%cker failed me on that portion, but I still passed. Cripes, it wasn't like I was using a freakin' suicide knob or something. :eek1
  16. NJ-GS

NJ-GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I stand corrected.:ken
  17. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    I took mine on pop's barge, a '57 Mercury. With manual steering. No spinning the wheel on that one. Back then, it was done at the police station, written test and all. I drove the cop around the block and parked it. Passed. Then went home and hopped into my '47 Ford club coupe that I'd had for 6 months.

I never really thought about it before, but I never had anything with power steering or brakes until I bought a new E-150 van in 1983.
  18. Idle

Idle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow... A 50+ year old guy with a UCLA shirt on just walked out of the deli, came right up and asked "is that yours?" as he pointed at this red thing.

I had my feet up just like in the pic. I really wasn't in the mood to play along, normally I would have.

Once I had a woman convinced that the spare tire on a 86 Subaru was indeed the air cleaner. (she asked) The rubber was to dampen the noise from the engine, and I told here there was foam and oil in it to filter the dirt.

[​IMG]
  19. MikeyT

MikeyT Krusty Olde Pharte

Oddometer:
    Dood! Is that a real BMW? :lol3

20. Autocracy

Autocracy KLR = Trials bike?

Oddometer:
    I'd ask the same thing... not thinking fake, but "Frankenbike." -- as in parts are BMW, but the whole thing might be as much any other brand. I definitely can't recognize it as a particular model. K1100LT that's lost half its weight?