Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is flat incredible. To even qualify to ride in it let alone medal. WOW! I can't begin to tell
    you how impressed I am. It's so nice to hear of a teenager that has that much dedication to
    focus on a goal like that and do so well. I know it takes a village and all that, but the village is
    not the one on the bike. Huge Kudos to Josh. Hey, my kid is named Josh too. He has crashed
    everything I own, does that count for anything?
  2. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    This is the tune on my alarm clock when I'm going riding. Turn up the musix! (hopefully it wont' get blocked for copyright bs)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bzOqWhRj-PY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very nice. I'm glad you didn't need Ring of Fire for the sound track.:D
  4. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Are you at all worried about the vibe of these soft metal parts against one another? I'd hate to see your replacement part destroy both sets.

Great Vid by the way!
  5. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    I can't even imagine how hard that would be....
  6. Aventeren

Aventeren Did It: US to Ushuaia Supporter

Oddometer:
    Howdy--

I had posted this in "The Rockies" forum, however Frog suggested that I might have better luck if I posted this thread here in the Utards sub-forum. Thanks to Frog for the suggestion.

My wife and I are currently living at the base of Canyon Rd in Ogden, where we are shacked up through November 3rd for her Physician's Assistant operating room rotation at McKay Dee Hospital.

Our next rotation is up to Pocatello, ID on November 4th, however instead of going together, I bought a 2002 1150 GS Adventure that I'm going to ride down to Mexico and Central America and back from November 4th through mid-January-ish. (I have a job where all I need is WiFi and a cell phone signal).

As you might well imagine, I've lost my garage. I have the bulk of my tools with me, however.

I am looking for a local ADVer who would be willing to let me use their garage to work on my bike before I leave in a few weeks. My tasks will be to change my oil, bleed my brakes, sync my throttle bodies, adjust my valves, possibly replace my clutch slave cylinder (my fluid is starting to look dirty, which is the sign) and troubleshoot my LH turn switch that is currently not working.

In exchange, I can help with valve adjustments, fluid and filter changes, FD rebuilds (I just did mine), fuel pump swaps, alternator belt changes, HES changes, throttle body synch (I have a Carbtune from Beemerboneyard), etc. I'm not a wizard by any means, but I've done all of the above items on my bike, and I can certainly help you on your bike (assuming you have an R series BMW bike that I understand--or another bike that you just need a hand with).

I know that this is a strange and unusual request, but I figured what the hell, as I have been consistently blown away by the generosity of the ADV community.

To be clear, I'm not asking for help on the work. More than anything I just need a roof over my head, power and lights. If you have a hand to offer, cool--but more than anything I'm just looking for a place to do some work for a few days/nights.

In exchange, I can help you with your bike maintenance if you need a hand.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks a ton, :beer

Mike
  7. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    I've got a shop you can use, but I don't need any work done on my bike! Check your pms.
  8. RetrogradE

RetrogradE Banned

Oddometer:

Mike,

You're welcome to my garage anytime. I'm in Bountiful.

I don't need any work done on my stuff either, but you're welcome to my tools (including a homemade manometer), etc. Basically, only my wife is off-limits.

PM me if you're interested.

Steven
  9. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kid pimper.:puke1
  10. RetrogradE

RetrogradE Banned

Oddometer:
    Kid pimper?

That makes no sense.
  11. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I seldom do.

I'm typing this r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w for you. If your wife is the only
    thing off limits that leaves.....:hmmmmm
  12. RetrogradE

RetrogradE Banned

Oddometer:
    Oh geez, you're sick. Why would you even think such a thing? My kids are off-limits, too, but that goes without saying.

13. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 four days on the road with me and you never figured that out? And I thought Walrus was the slow one.:wink::D
  14. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wrong pussy, it really is a cat. Good luck with that.

I hear cat scratch fever is the worse. I also hope you are clean.
    They just bairly contained the outbreak of Vernal-airial disease.
  15. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Good catch, thanks. Maybe i'll wrap 'em with squishy.
  16. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

You were right about that rear rotor. What is the replacement that you used?
  17. Aventeren

Oddometer:
    Thanks GISkev; responding to your PM.

18. Aventeren

Oddometer:
    Steven--

Thanks for your reply. I see that you also have a 2002 1150 GS. Swede7000 is a little closer than you, but maybe I'll run down to you at some point before I leave to do a little more fine tuning and chat about the ins and outs of these '02 1150 GSAs.

Thanks for your offer--and yes, clearly your wife and kids (wow...) are off limits.

It's also good to see another 11/24er...

Take care,

Mike

19. RetrogradE

RetrogradE Banned

Oddometer:

No problem. Call or PM anytime--I'm usually around and my work schedule is pretty flexible.

Also, I have some manuals and repair/maintenance videos on DVD for that bike if you're interested.
  20. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer: