RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ovd

ovd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found that, in general, choosing gear by just looking at the pictures of gear not being worn is very difficult, especially pants. It is hard to say how the article is actually sitting on a body, snug or loose, baggy or not, etc. You do have a few pictures of some dude demoing Infinity suite and Turbine jacket and that does help a lot, actually. Why don't you invite some models to pose in front of a camera wearing stuff and post it on your site? :)
  2. KullZilla

KullZilla Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer:
    No prob, the Ignition is probably my favorite leather out there (from any brand). The match-up for the Ignition is going to be the new Gear Leather Pants

Same principle as the Ignition, the Gear is a Leather / Mesh hybrid making it great for hot weather riding. The protection of leather and the breathability of mesh is a great combo. The pants also have Pro-Life (CE level 2) armor like the jacket does. The pants also have a removable wind/waterproof liner to give it some more diversity in the bad and colder weather.

You could also zip any other REV'IT pant to the Ignition, but I think the Gear is the winner.
  3. KullZilla

KullZilla Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer:
    We have some interesting ideas along these lines, I can't let out the bag I will just say I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying ;)

4. Sideout

Sideout Noob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are referring to these pictures - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8640909&postcount=319 then the dude in the pictures is me :D. For the record these weren't taken by Revzilla. They were taken by and for Dennis at Beachmoto. He is a REV'IT! dealer out here in Southern California who has a thread on here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370530 :deal. I am pretty sure you saw the Infinity pictures there as well. :D

5. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    For the record.... I hope the male model in question got some royalties or at least free gear out of his mug being plastered everywhere! :lol3:lol3:lol3

When our REV'IT! glamour-shots hit the airwaves I think some nice looking ladies will be in order...

While I breath, I hope..... maybe.. :thumb
  6. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    We received the first of our new 2009 REV'IT product shipments from REV'IT yesterday - I grabbed the DSLR and took some shots of the HI-VIS Dragon Jacket and Black Women's Siren Jacket.

The Shots are on the RevZilla flickr account located here:
    REVIT Dragon HI-Vis Jacket
    REVIT Siren Womens Jacket

The HI-VIS is very tastefully done compared to other HI-Vis on the market. Both Jackets looked better than the preproduction models.

Happy to answer any questions either of these or any of the rest of the lineup.

[​IMG]

Anthony
  7. ovd

ovd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does Dragon replace Rev'it Devil jacket?
  8. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi ovd,

You are correct, the Dragon absolutely replaces the Devil Jacket. They beefed it up and added some features.

I have to say, I see you all over ADV and Sport-Touring.net - what are you riding?

Anthony

9. ovd

ovd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BMW K1200R.

You see me in this section and similar board over at s-t.net because I'm about to upgrade all of my gear except the Devil jacket I bought from you in late 2008 :) So, I'm doing a lot of research here any many other forums.
  10. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the patronage.

Nice! An '07 or '08 K-bike is most likely next in line for my garage. The new '09 13 is absolutely ridiculous, but a bit pricey for me at the moment.

All of your questions have been good. Please don't hesitate to pepper me or Matt with some more. :-)

Best,

Anthony

11. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Recently I had a few ladies who read our threads ask for pics of the new REV'IT! Womens Air Jacket.

The Ice Blue Women's Air Jacket just hit the show floor and the other colors are available online now.

Its a more shapely, female specific, cut than last years best-selling unisex model.

You can see the product specs here (http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-womens-air-jacket)

Also the Flickr gallery is here REVIT Womens Air Jacket Flickr

As requested here are a few of the pics -

Full Frontal

[​IMG]
    Back Hanging

[​IMG]

Back Underarm
    [​IMG]
  12. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve,

Saw your Dragon post, in gear.

The Dragon uses the same Hydratex liner as many of the other REV'IT! products. The only reason REV'IT doesn't use Gore-Tex is because BMW gear currently has the Gore-Tex license for motorcycle clothing.

The Dragon has been very well received so far, especially with the Hi-Vis colorway. Think of it as an more economical Cayenne without some of the bells and whistles.

The windproof / waterproof / breathable qualities on the Dragon are on par with any of the other higher end REV'IT! gear. I am sure if anyone else shot you a line they would echo my thoughts.

Let me know if you would like me to dive deeper into how the membrane actually works its "magic" :roflRest assured it won't leak, though.

You can see it on our site here. We ship free from Philadelphia.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-dragon-jacket

Anthony

13. Curvesurfer

Curvesurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the closest thing to a mens' version of the Angel jacket? My SO has the latter, and I love the styling and materials.

I don't need acres of mesh, nor the bulk/overkill of the Cayenne.

While we're at it, is there a "non-winter" version that matches the style of the Tempest?

Finally, i'd prefer the various liners to be sold separately. I have more liners than I can count (including 2 from an Ignition) and prefer electric liners when it gets cold.
  14. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Anthony, I like to check one out. I do have a Local dealer here in CT who carry's The Rev'it line. But they do not have the Dragon yet. Will the outer shell hold up to a light rain? Can you treat it with Scotch Guard, Nix-wash to give it some water repellence?
  15. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Curvesurfer,

Good questions.

Re: Jackets -

The original counterpart for the Angel was the Devil, but it was released in '06 and has been phased out. There are 2 jackets, one new (Dragon) and one an '06 model (Lab) which fall into the range and style you are looking.

REV'IT! just came out with the REVIT Dragon Jacket which is the 4-season, restyled, but economical option. It is slated to go head to head with the Olympia AST and comes in a Hi-Vis Yellow color option. It has a removable wind / waterproof Hydratex liner and a removable thermal liner. The breathable wind / water liner is styled to be worn as a windbreaker on its own. The price is $299.99, which is designed for the serious rider who doesn't need all of the bells and whistles of the Cayenne Pro. It is a hip length jacket.

Here is a link HI-RES REVIT Dragon Pictures on our Flickr.

The other option is the REVIT Lab Jacket. This is also a 4- season option with dual removable liners (thermal and waterproof). The Lab came out in 2006 and there are only a few sizes and colors left, that is the only reason it is on closeout. I actually have one, the reason I bought it, aside form needing a 4-season coat, is the fit and style. It is a textile with a fit like a leather, very slim and proceeds well below the waist. The cost of the Lab is $229.99. Size availability may be spotty, but if you find your size it is a steal.

The other REV'IT! textile options are either, differently styled, mesh composite or significantly more expensive.

Re: Gloves -

The "non-winter Tempest" option would be the Zenith H20 Glove. It has a thinner fleece liner and is completely waterproof and breathable via the Hydratex liner. It is meant for warmer 3-season riding. Obviously in the dead of summer somthing like the REVIT Monster in perfed leather would be your best bet. I am not a fan of mesh gloves and I find the perf leather does a great job ventilating and protecting. I have had the same pair of Monsters for a few seasons, and I low-sided in them last year and they did their job with only minimal wear.

Re: Liners-

The separately sold liners is a tough one. The cut of the REV'IT coats are many times different from one another and their goal is always to have gear layers fit snugly and seamlessly with one another. Hence the inclusion of liner systems on many jackets.

The new REVIT Turbine Jacket does not come with a liner and many folks are opting to pick up a REVIT Digital or REVIT Omega base layer to get more than just summer riding out of the Turbine.

As garment technology gets better, I don't doubt that you will start to see more sandwich liners and intergrated liner systems to eliminate liner system "complexities" moving forward.

Re: Heated Liners -

We should have Gerbing's in the next few months. For now we have heated gear from FirstGear and Tour Master. They are put together in an unincumbering style which should work with many other brands.

Let me know what else I could (further) expand on ;-)

I am always happy to answer good questions such as these.

Anthony

16. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve,

We have them in stock and shipping. We can ship same day 90% of the time from Philadelphia or NJ.

We also do free return shipping on size exchanges for all REV'IT!.

The Dragon is meant to be 4-season all-condition. Light rain won't be a problem. The shell will come with a DWR (Direct Water Repellent) coating which can be replenished with NikWax as necessary to beef up the watershed properties of the outer shell. The inner Hydratex liner will ensure that any water which makes it to the shell will not make it to the body.

I am not sure about Scotchguarding. My gut is that you will not need it. We will see if Badger chimes in with his 2 cents here. The outer shell is meant to be very durable and easy to clean.

Let me know what else I could offer.

Best,

Anthony

17. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks good info. I'm leaning toward the dragon.
  18. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Np Steve.

If you need help with sizing shoot me a line or give us a ring.

For reference, average build 42R Suit, 5'10" 170lbs is ballpark a Large. I use that as a stake in the ground on sizing. We have charts and take exact measurements from there.

Best,

Anthony

19. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    TC,

There really isn't a bad jacket in the bunch. I think its a style / cost decision really. The leather has some additional protective benefits over the 100% textile jacket.

If you are not set on a leather, the REVIT Dragon is a beautiful Jacket and its very functional. Think of it as a baby version of the REVIT Cayenne Pro - without Superfabric, Exkin and SAS-Tec Armor - all super-high end features. So if you don't need a Dakar / Baja level of bombproofing but would like a 4-season coat which will last for a long time - its hard to beat it at $299.

Regarding the Leathers - aside from the REVIT Ignition using slightly nicer leather and having dynax mesh on the front and back- The Scorpion XDR Shock and the Ignition are very similar. The Ignition will perform significantly better in warm conditions when ventilation becomes a paramount issue.

A key difference is that the Mesh causes the Ignition to fall in the 3 season category, while the non-mesh upper of the Scorpion places it in the 4 season category with the Dragon.

If you want a bombproof 3-season leather with mesh - the Ignition is the winner. If Zipper vents are fine and bang for the buck is most important, the Scorpion is a high-end coat which provides great value.

As I said earlier - there is no loser here. These are all awesome coats. I have a Ducati and wear a black Ignition size 54 here in Philadelphia almost year round for my city riding.

Let me know if there is anything else I could offer.

Best,

Anthony Bucci

</object>
  20. Badger278

Badger278 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The only issue with scotchguard is that it may make the exterior a little "shiny" and will decrease the breathability of the jacket slightly. It will not harm the jacket.

I prefer the Nikwax spray on DWR or if you want increased waterproofing (at the cost of lower breathability) you can use the Nikwax tent and gear waterproofer.

Keep in mind that waterproofing the outershell will increase water shedding, and limit absorbtion, but it will not make the jacket waterproof. Waterproofing requires the zip out innerlining. The main reason is that water will make it's way through the seams in the outershell, where the liner is fully seam sealed.