Omni-Cruise

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ParaMud, Nov 6, 2012.

1. edtheslowrider

edtheslowrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Many thanks for the pic, that will fit perfectly, imagine that. Once I secure the coupon I'm ordering one!

Tapatalk made my iPhone do it
  2. wolftrax

wolftrax Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Done did it ordered one!:D
  3. edtheslowrider

edtheslowrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered & received this quickly and installed this weekend. Halfway to work before I remembered it was even there.
    I am SHOCKED how easy is is to activate and deactivate. Holds throttle position
    just fine when applied, wow.

I've got barkbusters installed on my 620 Monster, the Omni-Cruise clears the guards fine, well done.
  4. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to say thanks to Brian for donating several Omni-Cruises for this years WESTFEST Rally in Buena Vista.

I just got them in and they are very impressive, sturdy and machined beautifully. In the next few weeks I will be ordering one for myself, I think it would be perfect for the new 950:deal

5. ballshot

ballshot nOOb in training

Oddometer:
    Ordered on Thursday, rec'd Saturday from all the way across the country. Can't wait to try it on Monday.
  6. stoney4vida

stoney4vida Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Nice , anyone running one on Buell Uly ? Any issues or fits right up ?
  7. ParaMud

ParaMud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Taking mine to Alaska, I should work great!
  8. ironmtnracing

ironmtnracing MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

Just a quick post purchase review.

I used the OnmiCruise on a KLR I rode from Seattle to AK at the end of May.

Product worked awesome! Easy to engage and just as easy to disengage. Performs as advertised.

I did find that due to vibration the throttle would slip a bit and need to be readjusted. I will caveat that the bike had moto style "pillow grips" and didn't exactly offer a smooth/flat surface to bite against. A minor issue to say the least. I found the best approach was to set it a bit faster than I intended and then slowly back it off until I had the speed I wanted dialed in.

This tool won't compensate for grade changes so if you're spending a lot of time both ascending and descending then you may be fiddling with it a bit.

Had a couple clients ask about it and let them give it a try on the bikes they were riding. Each rider commented on how effective it was considering the low fuss design.

I think my longest stretch was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 miles riding no hands. A blessing when putting in 400 mile days.

Don't hesitate to give this product a try. Money well spent in my book.

Cheers,

John
  9. WOTDesigns

WOTDesigns Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you everyone! I've been slammed with job shop work and trying to get enough Omni's made to fill a few international dealer requests. I now have dealers in UK and Australia with Japan, Canada, Hungary in the works.

Very exciting but a LONG way from being able to actually advertise or lock down any more shows yet, but I really hope to make a few of the IMS events and maybe some more. Who knows.

Brian
    WOT DESIGNS
  10. Flyboy52219

Flyboy52219 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered. #1171. Thanks!
  11. Kazky

Kazky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got mine nearly a week plus ago.. And it works great! Really need to get used to it especially on how hard you lock the knob.
    Too loose and it won't hold the throttle, too tight and you can't turn the cruise to lock.

Great stuff.. But i recommend once you have found your locking sweet spot leave it there. Once you remove it, you're back to square one readjusting it again. Oh by the way, i'm located in Asia, Singapore. Asked a friend to help me purchase this.

Kaz.
  12. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    You are very welcome flyboy!

KAZKY- You are not alone using the omni in Singapore. I have sent 10 or so over there and a few of them took quite a long time to get there. Try th and without the band. Usually if ts "tricky" to get adjusted it's because the grip is too slick or too squishy and playing with different position of band can help some times.

ENJOY!
  13. Flyboy52219

Oddometer:
    Received yesterday...high quality part and design. Tried it stationary and I think this will be a welcome accessory on the next long trip.
  14. Flyboy52219

Oddometer:
    Had a chance to use today. First 5 minutes I felt as though I was doing something wrong. I did add the rubber band and spent about 30 minutes more to where you need to find the "sweet spot"...just enough tension to keep it from ever so slightly slipping and too much tension. Once you get accustomed to it it's a wonderful addition to any cyclists farkles. I will definitely be thanking Brian in my head on the next long trip. Great quality part made in the USA!
  15. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    So next time my ears are ringing I will know your on a long ride =)

Brian
    WOT DESIGNS
  16. 2wrdr

2wrdr n00b

Oddometer:
    I tried stated code on page one, not the just 3 but the continuously code and could not get it to work. Don't have my Wee anymore but I'm sure it would work on my Ninja 650R.
  17. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE

I'll PM you the code right now
  18. 2wrdr

2wrdr n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  19. samyeh

samyeh n00b

Oddometer:
    ordered #1291

:freaky
  20. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    You are very welcome guys. Keep your eyes out for Omni in the September RIDER MAGAZINE :clap

Also working on something I think will be very neat that will allow me to get LOTS of shirts stickers and cool swag rolled out to everyone. Likely be another month or two though.

Anyone up near Colorado- I am thinking about doing the 4 Corners Bike Rally. ANYONE EVER BEEN?