Psfyyffbbq

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by gentry, Aug 9, 2005.

1. gentry

gentry For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer:
    So we need a Puget Sound FYYFF get together somewhere for a BBQ/Fish-Fry/Cook-Out etc....

Golden Gardens?? Discovery Park??

Before the weather turns to shite.....

I shall see if I can meet with Mr. T. Grin and see if we cannot learn to replicate the Fremont "dark & stormy" for adult beverages....

Whaddya'll think? :ear

Its gonna be pissing rain and grey soon. While some of us with Knobby thumpers will be playing high up in the snow and mud some of you GS blokes might be a little glum :D Let's get a sunny get together in eh?

Bring wives, girlfriends, kids, donkeys....whatever..... Golden Gardens might be cool coz' of the beach...
  2. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Dammit Chad - I always miss these things or forget about them as the thread drops down. PM when something gets planned so I can come along too!

Golden Gardens is a nice choice - BBQ grills and firepits are always a nice addition to any party. Course it's a 'public' park, so those adult beverages will have to be a little more subtle.
  3. gentry

Oddometer:

ill try 'member to PM ya Madame :D

we can figger something out...

Less booze might work anyway coz of riders etc...

I shall talk to my better half about it
  4. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    Of I could just help plan it. How late in the season were you thinking of holding this shingding? If you want to wait until September then you'll ensure that you're really hitting the "end of the poser season" :amazon But if that's the case, then I wouldn't be able to do anything until after the 13th...

Were you thinking Saturday? Friday? Sunday afternoon? What's in that head of yours??? :jump :jump
  5. gentry

Oddometer:

:D There is only two women on this planet that can handle that. I married one and I call the other one "mum" :norton

Probly a sunday methinks. Late september sounds damned good. JD is good at chicken burnin' and Tony is good with the condiments.
    88nx250 is a good extra food disposal and he has mad spatula skills.
    We gotta leave enuff time for Bluesurf to get off the itchy pills and heal up and come out too.
    Toothy? Stosh? GSGuy? :ear Dont make me come out to those fancy neighborhoods on my filthy noisy thumper and bang on yer doors! :D
  6. gentry

Oddometer:
    Mebbe we can get Lacey in too fer T-Shirts and other assorted memorabilia? :D
  7. das Rider

das Rider Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer:
    I'm in; just tell me when and where. I'll start thinking of an un-official PS ADVrider logo. If we can't get our own forum, we can at least have our own shirts.
  8. das Rider

das Rider Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer:
    If ADVrider were going to give us our own logo (for our own forum) it would look like this:

[​IMG]

So, I think we should have it. I'll need more info on this shindig to make up a suitable shirt.
  9. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    What's this?

I'm fresh in from a Tuesday evening at Golden Gardens BBQ. It's 100% what's good for ya. A-D-U-L-T beverages and all (bring plastic cups).

There's no effective reservation system so how it works is thus:

Getcher a big, fat, greasy biker type with a pickup truk full of flamable building materials (I volunteer Toothygrin) to go down there at, say 4PM and glom onto a firepit. Add people. Mix. Enjoy.

Simple.

There's even dedicated bike parking.

Lemme know in advance when yez all want's to throw down and I'll work it in to my expansive and varied social callendar.

:ear
  10. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
    that's all I have to say.
  11. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    How does this date work? It's the last Sunday in September, guaranteed to be touch-and-go with the weather :eyes
  12. a16tony

a16tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bump this to the first week of October and we can celebrate a couple birthdays too. Right Chad?
  13. Stosh23

Stosh23 Retrieval Expert

Oddometer:
    I am in on this one - I promise - no excuses.

Enjoy
  14. gentry

Oddometer:

mebbe but the weather ALWAYS sucks and I pretty much always go to the K&K....

mid-september mebbe? I dont wanna be huddled under tarps. I dont mind hiking or biking in the rain but standing around in it is annoying...

whaddyal reckon? Toothy?

lets get a consensus eh
    :ear
  15. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    I'm game. A fire's always nice. I like Golden Gardens m'self. September is summer here. Might be nice to have a plan B incase of rain.
  16. Rubber Cow

Rubber Cow GS Dork

Oddometer:
    Mid September works for me ...if it's okay for "Southerners" to attend...

Cheers,
    Jorge
  17. gentry

Oddometer:

all are welcome fer sure...
  18. gentry

Oddometer:

A: G.G.

B: Toothy's place!
  19. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    If this is going to be family frendly you can count miss gs, mini gs and ole fat gs in on this one. If we do Saturday Sept 17th we can celibrate one birthday then. Most of Sept should be good weather. Now we could go with a fall back plan of Marrymore park, that is a state park and I think you can drink in a state park? Someone would need to check to make sure.

Chad I have set up sentrys at the gates to block any thumpers and super heros from entering the property :2guns Keep that in mind when your thinking of runing through the streets at 3:00 am trying to wake us up :lol3
  20. gentry

Oddometer:

:lol3 Stosh told me about the secret way in in exchange for beer and beef jerkey :D