New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jesse Luggage, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse Luggage

Jesse Luggage Crash Tested & Approved... Supporter

Oddometer:

Of coarse you can buy the racks now. We might even have some scratch ad dent bags in stock to save you some money. Call the factory and see what they can do for you.
  2. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Will you accept PayPal?
    That's where my Farkle Funds come from......:deal
    I do need some spare rack parts :D
  3. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

We will by Friday, Monday at the latest.
  4. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Bags for the DL650 even have cutouts where the exhausts aren't! I have a tool tube there now, attached to the inside of the frame.
    [​IMG]

I really like being able to move them forward if you are riding solo.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a mostly positive experience buying the bags directly in 07 or 08 or whenever I bought them. The V-Strom instructions were really rudimentary and they sent the wrong keys. I mailed back the keys and a CD with a bunch of pictures of installation on a DL650. I got back one set of keys, and several emails went unanswered. I got the impression that the V-Strom wasn't a big focus for them and had keys duplicated by a locksmith. I live in the city so the relatively secure closures were a plus for me.

They are durable.....
    [​IMG]

Form factor compared to Givi.
    [​IMG]
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Anyone installing the bags today will find the instructions MUCH improved!:evil

Jim :brow
  6. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Emailed. Called and left voicemail. No response in several days. Beginning to wonder if I should just go with Happy Trails because I can order them without having to jump through hoops.
  7. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

Strange. I saw the response from Al Jesse himself and your response to him. Did I miss something?

Edit- If you responded right after my post to you then it took 3 days. Sorry about that, but I know Al is buried in emails and new parts. I'll see what I can do to help him. We want happy peoples :)
  8. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Yep, I did get a response today. Thanks.
  9. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    I've got a story about customer service. Had Jesse bags on my '03 650GS and loved them. Got a 1200GS in '04 and installed Jesse bags on the moto. On the way to the west coast from atlanta I noticed that the muffler was touching the bag and heating things up a bit. Stopped by Al's for advice. I watched Al sitting on the ground in front of his shop adjusting the pipe and showing me the proper way to do it. How's that for customer service?:clap

By the way those bags have been to 14 countries and 49 states on 5 different 12GS's. They are on the way back to europe next week/time for more country stickers.

Happy........Hell yes!:D
  10. castroses

castroses Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All very good but you might also want to try:

(a) answering/acknowledging your emails
    (b) getting your UK distributor to stop ripping the piss with their pricing of your products.

Hth.
  11. Bobonli

Bobonli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the Jesse shop a brick and mortar storefront, do they welcome guests?

I'll be 35 miles from the shop in a few weeks on a visit to Az. I'd like to see the color and case options in person, if possible. The website is no help at all. Can't navigate to the color options and no prices are listed.

I know making a web page is work, but I can't buy something without knowing what the options and price are! Considering this is your primary interface with the world of people curious about the products, please update it.
  12. RupeCA

RupeCA Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry to see Rick and XplorerMoto out of the picture.........

I bought my Odyssey II from Rick and the service was excellent, plus he spent some time before the sale on the phone with my patiently answering questions before I made my decision on which cases to order.

Had small crash in the dirt and bent my right side mount and wanted to replace it before another trip. Rick was able to get his wife to the shop and package up the parts I needed and get them to me. I was soooo thankful.

I have not dealt with Jesse's directly but have read about some of the occasional customer service problems in the past and maybe those have all been taken care of.
    I can only speak form my experience and hope that dealing with Jesse's will be as easy and pleasant as dealing with Rick.

It's a great product and deserves great support with the retail customer.
  13. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

You bet. Come on by. The factory is open Monday -Thursday.
  14. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    Rick is still in the picture and you can deal with him direct. We are working very hard at building a great customer support team and we hope that any fall out from that will be minimal during our growing pains. As well as making it so you can buy from the factory we are working on some great new products.
  15. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rick had some nice pictures of the triumph tiger 800 with the bags - so I had gotten some from him.... he took extra time answering my questions, and was super helpful.... I was waiting on news of the quick release top plate / bracket for the tiger 800 and noticed the links missing from the xplorermoto website which brought me to do a google search, and back around here :D

hopefully the new website will have some updated links, and when customers have questions that the service will be just as great!

can't wait for the new site!
  16. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Hopefully the new website will come along soon. It's not a good idea to pull out from a good distributor while having neither a proper website nor a proper store or photos online.
  17. DirtRiderwjc2000

DirtRiderwjc2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been wanting to buy a set, but the website is still not allowing us to buy. I don't want to order over the phone and I want to use paypal. He told me a couple weeks ago, it will be ready in a couple of days, lol.

I called Rick but said he does not sale them anymore. Should just order the TT's they are in stock and ready to go.
  18. ca1ic0cat

ca1ic0cat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Al was very responsive when I was thinking about a different exhaust and two full size cases. But the safari 115 system is more cost effective, I think. So I've got my email in last night and we'll see what happens.

Eric
  19. ca1ic0cat

ca1ic0cat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They are working on the website and taking orders at the same time so I'm sure they have their hands full. I would love the site to be ready to click orders through but I'll work with them and see how it goes. So far so good.
  20. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    We will continue to update things on our end as fast as possible. The might telephone still works:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.