The XT1200Z Super Tenere Link Thread MKII

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by GrahamD, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can ask a Mod to prune the thread from post #77 down. You can then re-write the link to RogerJ review once they take off the clutter.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Maybe they will help..... :dunno<o:p></o:p>
  2. olie

olie Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...please do not confuse the Internet with your Church...
  3. limey1

limey1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap:freaky:rofl:1drink:evil
  4. macrae85

macrae85 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha ha......agreed.....meowww!
  5. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    Why not? I do not go to church.:norton
  6. Brendan J

Brendan J Pfft

Oddometer:
    As mentioned a few days ago I now have photos of the finished product. Recommend retail price of $240 AUD
    One piece 4mm alloy folded and welded, polymer coated, stainless steel brackets.
    Designed to fit with genuine Yamaha crashbars may also work with other brands as well.
    My bike was used for jigging and construction of the bash plate.
    Only 4 bolts to remove the plate for oil changing.

http://forceaccessories.com.au/

I will post up some more photos over the coming days with it fitted to my bike.

The mounting hardware.

[​IMG]

Side on view

[​IMG]

Front end view

[​IMG]

Side view with brackety fitted

[​IMG]
  7. Chris618

Chris618 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice! Pics on bike, pics on bike. :wink:
  8. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    The plate itself looks nice but are you really putting the weight of the bike & rider, plus some impact momentum of a 550+ pound machine, on those upainted bits?
  9. Brendan J

Brendan J Pfft

Oddometer:
    In responce yes and I'd happily back up the product. I will say that I don't believe that there is a product out there that will save you from all impacts but this one may well work better than some others. A lot of time and effort has been put into its design. Compared to the Yammie product, its head and shoulders above it. Designs from Yamaha, SW Motech, Hepco & Becker and Altrider were all looked at in the design faze looking at how they mounted and covered the engine and exhaust. The mounting brackets you refer to are 3mm thick stainless. I will also say that I did give another Australian m/cycle accessory manufacturer a crack at it before Force Accessories but they were not interested their loss I suppose. The last time I checked the other equivalent products were only 3mm alloy with the Altrider being ever so slightly thicker. I am quite happy for someone to disprove this for me. In saying this I am in no way slagging off on the other products they are very good products in their on right.
  10. Rema in Paluda

Rema in Paluda Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Coulkd you show a picture of how far out it sits on te right side, e.g. does it safeguards the Waterpump like the H&B does?

[​IMG]

And i don't mean this seperate piece, because in my eyes its superfluos with the pan instaled
  11. Brendan J

Brendan J Pfft

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This an older pic of one of the prototype plates but the coverage is pretty much the same. Bare in mind that I am running the GYTR crashbars so it protects the waterpump quite well.
  12. Rema in Paluda

Oddometer:
    Okay, but i don't like those crash bars at all, when the bike hits it hard it will fold inward and crushing the pump, seen three puntures made into a bike by badly thought out crashbars, and two engine breakouts were mounting points being ripped out of the engine, so no crashbars for me... (Suzuki 2xHonda BMW Yamaha)
  13. Thagua

Thagua Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer:
    Not very good photos ... I'll post better ones tomorrow ... but this will give you an idea of the extended protection clamped to the original Yamaha crash bars.
    Cheers,
    Roberto a.k.a. Thagua

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. Rema in Paluda

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the photo's, nice side panels BTW !

But i don't like crash bars at all, they ad huge weight on a place i dont want weight at all, and i'm a "kruip door sluip door" guy (wiggle through the woods) and have bad recolections of branches getting caught in the bars, so i will just collect scratches on the pannels, and refurbisch them when GTXT wants a facelift.

Probably it will get a new colour too then :-)

[​IMG]

:wink:
  15. sail2xxs

sail2xxs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rema in Paluda = R3B!

Good to see you back posting again - like the new color on the bike.

Chris
  16. Rema in Paluda

Oddometer:
    Its only Photoshop though, the dent the made in my wallet leeves no mony for a paintjob. But this is the Linkthread so lets leave it at this, got a link of one ofe my rides though for the collection :-)

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/At3RXY8_cRU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/At3RXY8_cRU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  17. Thagua

Oddometer:
    Gave me an idea to film the frustrating ride today when with full throttle Sport mode in TCS1 no wind I only got to 206 km/hr ... the bike has only 5000 km ... waiting the K&N air filter to do another run ...
    Cheers,
    Roberto
  18. combo

combo D S N

Oddometer:

206 Kilometers per Hour = 128.0024656008908 Miles per Hour

Thats not fast enough on an adventure bike. If my KLR did that I don't think I would have a front fender or rad scoops on it anymore.:lol3
  19. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

I got 212kmph with no wind on Touring mode, no turbulence, felt like 112kmph. I need a super-duper tenere 1,500! :lol3<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  20. Thagua

Oddometer:
    Hi Supa12 ... maybe its the latitude ... down south we are in winter (5°C) and air density is greater ... will try in Touring mode ...
    Cheers,
    Roberto