Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Were changing the shape Heavy Metal, :super

Tungsten that is...:dj

:oscar
  2. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    § 4511.55. Operating bicycles and motorcycles on roadway.
    (A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.

(C) This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.
    Comment: Section 4511.55(A) is very often misquoted to say that cyclists are required to ride as near as possible to the curb. The new paragraph (C) should help reduce this confusion. There are many conditions where it is much safer to ride near the middle of the lane. It is not practicable (practice-able) to ride on the far right when passing or turning left; or when avoiding objects, parked cars, moving vehicles, pedestrians, animals, surface or other hazards; or when the travel lane is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to pass safely side by side within the lane.
    Many motorists are reluctant to cross a lane line when passing a bicycle. A cyclist who "hugs the curb" unintentionally invites motorists to pass with unsafe clearance. Riding near the middle of a narrow lane helps overtaking motorists realize that they must must use the next lane to pass.
    The real purpose of this law is to prevent unnecessary delay to faster traffic. Since the law cannot require unsafe operation, the phrase as close as practicable is highly flexible, varying widely according to conditions. Positions well away from the edge of the road can be in compliance. Section 4511.55(B) allows riding two abreast. However, cyclists should avoid unnecessary delay to other traffic. Please be courteous and "single up" when other drivers wish to pass if such passing is safe and reasonable. There is no violation if any of the following apply: (1) If there is no traffic being delayed; (2) If the cyclists are traveling as fast as other traffic; (3) If traffic can reasonably pass by using another lane; (4) If the lane is too narrow or it is otherwise unsafe for passing.
  3. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Post 1 of 2:
    Iron pony has Zox Dual Sport helmets on close out!!! Tiny ones for $29.99 and normal sizes for $39.99. I desperately need a new street helmet (scorpion Exo 900 transformer) but I couldn't pass up this deal for an off road helmet. Now I can quit beating the tar out of my street helmet out in the woods.
    [​IMG]
  4. bikeridermark

Oddometer:
    Now who's incorrect? Left out that little part didn't ya'?

You related to Romney by any chance?

Fact is, they took up one-third of the road and you had to be an *ss about it.
    You should buy a Harley, Luke!
  5. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    Back to you Luke :lurk
  6. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    2 of 2!

Perry state forest ride this Thursday!!! So far Alan, Goreman, and myself are in I believe. Come play in the stinky-ass mud with us!
  7. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or we could talk about helmets and motorcycling!
  8. danielst

danielst Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't think I've ridden with either of you, but I'd be up for riding in the evenings. I live over the ridge from Tar Hollow, so if either of you are bringing bikes via trailer, you are more than welcome to park here at the house. I also have a 5+ mile single track loop (some parts are A level, but can be skipped), with a cool 1 mile loop over next to Salt Creek that is fun to do laps on. Plus,several of the old township roads that are included in a lot of the Tar Hollow rides are pretty close to the house.
  9. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    :snore
  10. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    So, am I wrong? I read this to mean if traffic is being hindered move over and share the road. Nothing here says, "Make others cross a double yellow or ride abreast to block others you don't want passing you. :D
  11. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im in!!!
  12. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  13. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Real quick plug for RAM mounts.

They have a lifetime warranty on their products, which to a lot of companies means "fuck you".

Not RAM, baby. I have a cradle for a GPS that has seen use on my street and dirt bike for about 4, maybe 5 years, now. I've whacked countless trees with it, rolled down hills, and generally mistreated it.

It finally cracked, though it does still work.

I looked at their website, and they ask for nothing more than a digital photo of the broken part, and $2.00 shipping. They don't even want the broken part back.

I emailed them earlier, they answered promptly, and are sending a new unit out right away.

That's how to run a railroad.
  14. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I'd read what you say dragoon if you'd change that avatar. I find it very distracting. lol Have you seen Palin's sex tape? :evil

<object width='464' height='300' id='582221' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' alt='Sex Video: Sarah Palin Sex Tape Leaked in http://www.break.com/'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /></param><param name='flashvars' value='playerversion=12'></param><param name='movie' value='http://embed.break.com/NTgyMjIx/ai/0/zi/0/ds/1/st/embed'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param><embed flashvars='playerversion=12' src='http://embed.break.com/NTgyMjIx/ai/0/zi/0/ds/1/st/embed' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' width='464' height='300'></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href='http://www.break.com' target='_blank'>Sex Video: Sarah Palin Sex Tape Leaked</a></font><font size=1> - Watch More <a href="http://www.break.com">Funny Videos</a></font>
  15. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You didnt like the duct tape idea, did you? :lol3
  16. bikeridermark

Oddometer:

Use the force, Luke! Your eyes are not open. Read! Further! Duh!
  17. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :eek1

:lurk
  18. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    However, cyclists should avoid unnecessary delay to other traffic. Please be courteous and "single up" when other drivers wish to pass if such passing is safe and reasonable.

What else needs to be said?
  19. bikeridermark

Oddometer:
    § 4511.55. Operating bicycles and motorcycles on roadway.
    (A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.

(C) This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.
    Comment: Section 4511.55(A) is very often misquoted to say that cyclists are required to ride as near as possible to the curb. The new paragraph (C) should help reduce this confusion. There are many conditions where it is much safer to ride near the middle of the lane. It is not practicable (practice-able) to ride on the far right when passing or turning left; or when avoiding objects, parked cars, moving vehicles, pedestrians, animals, surface or other hazards; or when the travel lane is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to pass safely side by side within the lane.
    Many motorists are reluctant to cross a lane line when passing a bicycle. A cyclist who "hugs the curb" unintentionally invites motorists to pass with unsafe clearance. Riding near the middle of a narrow lane helps overtaking motorists realize that they must must use the next lane to pass.
    The real purpose of this law is to prevent unnecessary delay to faster traffic. Since the law cannot require unsafe operation, the phrase as close as practicable is highly flexible, varying widely according to conditions. Positions well away from the edge of the road can be in compliance. Section 4511.55(B) allows riding two abreast. However, cyclists should avoid unnecessary delay to other traffic. Please be courteous and "single up" when other drivers wish to pass if such passing is safe and reasonable. There is no violation if any of the following apply: (1) If there is no traffic being delayed; (2) If the cyclists are traveling as fast as other traffic; (3) If traffic can reasonably pass by using another lane; (4) If the lane is too narrow or it is otherwise unsafe for passing.

Do you need the Braille version?
  20. danielst

danielst Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What time?