New Mexico Trials Association-NMTA thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Gordy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Where do you get this c@#p from? I've never heard of a dirt bike getting impounded by the BLM around here.
  2. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never said BLM, but ever since the local sherrifs, staters, and barneys were told about registration enforcement. The tow companies have gotten a new source of revenue. Nothing like a 600 nut to get the bike back after a long weekend in impound.
  3. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    I have heard of tickets being handed out at Southern and Al got one at B-Town last year because of some squids raising hell out there, but so far no impoundments that I have heard of.
    I guess somebody will be the first. :dunno

I'm not by any means advocting ignoring the law as we have a lot to lose at SY and I would hate to think if a fire started somewhere (anywhere) where dirt bikes were seen.
  4. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:

:clap
  5. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    600 bones is what my brother in law paid to get his yz250f back. But he is a foolish type. Thanks to his kids.
  6. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :ear anything you want to share with the class? :lol3
  7. nmtrialsguy

nmtrialsguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We still need to get commitments from people to have enough observers for our national on August 3, 4 at Sipapu. :deal If you are an experienced checker or even if a newbie, we can use some help. Newbies are put with experienced hands and may only need to watch a clock and blow a whistle. Anyhow, we could use a few extra hands, so please contact Jessica Webb :clapat Jessica.gentech (at) Comcast.net. There will be plenty of swag for drawings for the workers! One day work = one tickey. We will also be feeding lunch and clothing them (t shirt per day)...so, get in touch with Jessica today! Thanks, now back to our regularly scheduled programming...:wink:
  8. BossLady

BossLady Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Curious how after that last post you have all mysteriously disappeared! :eek1
    Last year I had the opportunity to score at both the National in CO and also at the Ute Cup. I love scoring the club events, but these bigger venues are just a blast. Talk about being up close to the action with some amazing riders......WOW!

Thanks to those who have already signed up...NMTrailboss, brewtus, ATeamNM, Grizz, Captain Nemo (just to name a few). If you haven't already singed up, please do....all the cool kids are doing it! Two days is great, one day is still appreciated! I'm close to my quota of required checkers, but just not quite there....
  9. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Southmt

Southmt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's now a link to some pages that give Sipapu info, including links to scoring rules. Go to nmtrials.org, and a link will divert you over there. Here's the direct link.
  11. usafric

usafric Rio Rancho NM

Oddometer:
    Yes NMTB I do know this is a trials thread. I took BEEF706 to Southern today, had a good time, both 4wheelin back there and playin on trials bike. I'm sure BEEF will add his own thoughts...
  12. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    I got it figured out now! Paul filled me in on your intentions at Little Moab! Was it cool on a trials bike? There is definitely some good terrain out there.

Nigel / Larry...you guys need to come to the National at Sipapu on Aug. 3rd and/or 4th. Will be some incredible talent and riding there that weekend!!
  13. BEEF706

BEEF706 King of the dumb dab

Oddometer:
    Big fun, I scared myself silly several times, I REALLY need a cure for my fear of heights, :rofl there are some really cool rocks back in there, I just need to grow a set :eek1 On another note, the one weekend I need it our Taos place is rented out, is tent camping gonna be allowed t the Taos event?
  14. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Yes, it should be allowed, but will be on the asphalt at the ski area parking lot...B level parking I believe. Not ideal camping, but they usually block off the mid-level parking lot for the trials club for that weekend. Riding areas and section loop should be very close to the parking lot this year (unlike previous years where we had to ride the bikes to the top of the mountain) so much easier access for riders and spectators. There is also camping in several camp sites in the canyon below the ski area.
  15. BEEF706

BEEF706 King of the dumb dab

Oddometer:
    Thanks, camping will be fun!
  16. Little R

Little R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On Friday 7/12 there will be a fundraiser for NMTA. A ride to the top of 12163 ft Fraser Peak!
    All event riders are eligible to go. Sign up will be at 9:30 am at the Bear parking area of Taos Ski Valley.
    We'll leave from the parking area at 10:00 am. The cost of the ride will be $10.00. This is a spectacular ride you don't want to miss!
  17. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Wow! I'd love to do that! Bummer I have to work. :cry I've hiked to Frasier Peak before but would love to ride it! :lol3
    Great fund raiser idea though! :thumb
  18. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl Super Supporter

Oddometer:

What "class" is this ride? :ear I assume not the Whiny Chicken-sh&t Beginner Class but you never know :lol3

cheers
  19. Little R

Little R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tilliejacques this ride is for you! :clap Potato chip girl made it 2 years ago. It is on jeep roads and some single track.

NMTrailboss who will be the official photo taker :becca We were counting on you being there.
  20. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sammy and Nathan will not be riding Taos. Which might make section choice easier.