Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:
    :wings :clap :wings :clap :wings

Santa-in-laws came through!

SKYRIM!!!!!!
  2. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone here played Star Wars: The Old Republic? It's an MMORPG, think WoW with Star Wars themes and ship combat....and it has already taken over the lives of a few friends.

Also a question, what is more nerdy...a fantasy MMORPG player like one who is addicted to WoW or a Star Wars one.
  3. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:

The nerdy one is he who has to ask that question. :razor
  4. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    MMORPG are the Debil!
  5. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    PS3 tag is WVhillbilly71, BF3, Black Ops and MW3.
    I'll be on later, getting shot up by some 12 year old kids probably :lol3
  6. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Me nerdy? Never.....don't pay attention to the episode of Star Trek DS9 playing on my TV.....

:hide
  7. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    In-laws picked up Battlefield 3 on the PS3 for me for Christmas! Anything I should know before playing? My PS3 name is RxZ33.
  8. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    Its good. I got MW3, have been playing BF3 since release. Its more realistic than the over-Dew'd and crack smoker hyper headshot tweakers on MW
  9. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got a Xbox and Assasins Creed Revelations as a gift Sunday. I hooked it up yesterday. I didn't sleep last night. :lol3

Much better than the old PS2 games I used to play.
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    There is at least one other person on the PS3. Check the ADVrider platoon.
  11. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Well, I was going to try out World of Tanks, but there is something wrong with their system. Over 24 hours later, I still haven't gotten an email with the activation code for my account.
  12. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Forest Ranger Magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have it. It's basically another flavor of the same MMO-ice cream. The main class storyline quests are rather involved and very well developed, and the crafting system is fairly novel; but it's an MMO at it's core.

Spend time, kill things, do quests which are more time consuming then challenging, level up, new abilities, grind more, level up, group up; etc. It all hasn't changed since Everquest 1. Besides the fact that soloing in EQ1 was very difficult to do and is now easy to do in the new MMO's.

The space combat is fun, reminds me a lot of old simple arcade games, so it's fun and challenging since it takes some skill (versus just running around and spending time killing things) at the messier space battles.

All interactions in the game have voice overs which is a very nice touch, there are moral conversation/quest choices similar to Mass Effect; you can supposedly develop romantic relationships with NPC's ala ME/Dragon Age. You get your own starship at the end of the 2nd planet's main story line (level 20 or so). Which allows you to do space combat missions, and travel to different planets via a map. It doesn't let you free-fly around like Eve-Online or Wing Commander.

It's entertaining and cool when you see your starship make the jump to lightspeed when traveling, it almost feels more like an RPG with an online multiplayer component built in and turned on all the time; perhaps because I've been able to solo the storyline quest so far (level 23).

Themuffinman - Level 23 bounty hunter (powertech) - Zez-Kai Ell server

Last minute thoughts: MMO's only take over your life if you let them.
  13. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    So the support guys finally got back to me yesterday evening and activated my WoT account....not a bad game. Shooter without having to have the reflexes of a 10 year old.....
  14. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    I played that for quite a while. I don't know if they change it or not but the matchmaking was utterly worthless while I was playing.
  15. urbanXJ

urbanXJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    went 22&1 then 19&0 (rush, Operation Firestorm, BF3)

The noobs are everywhere after christmas.

I have earned all the perks for the Abrams tank. reactive armor is sweet stuff.
  16. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Seems to be pretty fairly matched now......
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Especially if you're on the console. PC, not so much. Although with the new maps everyone has stopped playing some of the CQB 'city' maps like Tehran Highway. I rarely seem people playing that unless it's on a rotation. Metro is still the king of meat though.

I unlocked the 3rd seat in the tanks. Kinda cool if the driver has missiles.
  18. CodyY

Oddometer:
    Yup, ive been at the top of the board a lot lately, but also been the best guy a shitty team and getting PWNED
  19. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    I played BF3 for the first time last night, and I was 6 and 4 in my first (and only :cry) match. All things considered, I was very happy with a positive KD. My main problem is that I just have no idea where I am supposed to be since I do not know the maps yet. That said, there were noobs everywhere. I guess playing so much COD the past 3 years has helped my aiming skills or something.
  20. CodyY

Oddometer:
    gonna be on tonight? I'll hop on and show ya around a bit. Add me: CodyY on PSN.