World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know you are, but what am I?!?!?!?! :lol3
  2. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fear the Reaper!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    $47k gross only $10K net, with premium account, WTF??
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Well, when you spend almost $34K on ammo for the round, it eats into the profits really quick. Welcome to high tier battles. 23 shots at $1060/shot for regular AP and 2 shots at $4800/shot for gold rounds adds up quick.
  5. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    wut?

[​IMG]
  6. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Loving my Ferdi battles last night, but various team-mates did not. Cat-calls of "camper", "nub", and "worthless" (despite damage scores in the thousands, but no kills on the public screen) abounded. Skid and BB and I had a good laugh over it, but it's a little surprising that players in the Tier 8 bracket have so little understanding of how a power TD ought to be played, and how to play it on various maps. One I hung back on, was critical to our survival as a flank caved and 2 big bad guys came screaming down the east slope of Fjords and I popped their heads from the arty peninsula. Surprised the shit out of them, but team members called me a worthless camper. :huh

El Haluf, I'm sniping across the way all battle long, and near the end, a friendly A-20 or some such, platooned with a dead guy who was spending all his time insulting me, fired a shot into my back as I was positioning for whatever was coming over the hill next. He was my first intentional team-kill in months, but the little fucker had it coming. Couldn't let it go, either, opened a private channel to me and started raging after we were back in the garage. :huh:huh

Some people, I just don't understand.
  7. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Had a guy platoon a tier 1 in a tier7 battle. Called him an idiot for putting our team one tank down off the start, so he rolled around pinging teammates from behind before someone got sick of his crap and one-shot him.

But whatever. Its just a game. I just ignore the chatter and watch the mini-map.
  8. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Russian snowplow :rofl
  9. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    This sounds like every tier 9+ battle ever.

And I don't run premium anymore... :muutt

The T28 is especially bad. You get dropped on Campinovka, half a world away from the other team. 50% of your shots miss because, well, math. Half of the ones that hit bounce, again, math. I try to fire nothing but HE at those ranges, but I can't carry enough.

One of the most terrifying numbers from xvm-stat is the battle count. You expect to see 0k battles in a M3. You loath it in a Lowe.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I've seen a lot of that kind of crap going on recently. The ignore is your friend, and you can add people to it during battle. Last night, I had a dead T29 taunting me as I took on two of his teamates solo in M103 and killed one of them before they got me. I look him up and he's a 3300 battle, 45% win rate player. I opened a private chat box after the battle and politely told him that he didn't have a lot of room to talk smack and put him on the list.
  11. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:

I believe he actually called you a Bot, which was what really made me go :huh...
  12. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    It's easy. You just reply "If you knew how to play the game, you wouldn't have died. Take some responsibility, earn some respect" Keep it handy for a copy and paste. Everyones tough on the internet:lol3

I had the same in a Stug a while back. Everyone telling me to charge. It was me against 5, 2 of em arty. Fishermans bay, I hid behind the rocks on the northwest side and sniped all comers and won.
  13. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    It drives the little fuckers insane when you don't take their game seriously.

I make a point of doing the dumbest shit possible when they start with the chatter.

One of these days I will cause one of them to have an aneurysm. I just know it.
  14. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know anything about WoT bots?

We were in a match last night where a tank didn't move the entire game (it was a cromwell) - then near the end when an enemy came close to it it started to drive in circles (full lock left turn). The turret did actually track the enemy and managed to shoot at them twice before they killed it.

:scratch
  15. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    In this case, the other platoon had all "good" players. In fact the T-20 Chris killed was kicking ass. Funny thing is, one of them LOLed when Chris TK'd the 20.
    I'm guessing they didn't all agree with ass #1. I think it was the 20 driver.
    JackAss kept calling for The Ferdi to cross the valley and climb the hill to help on the other side. There wasn't even close to enough time for him to do that.
    It was all good for a laugh though.
  16. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    I'm guilty of the chatter. I tend to offer constructive info after I've been knocked out. Reporting the last known position, vehicle type, and health works well; also, suggesting a path of advance. But more often than not, the suggestion reads, "Hey coward, the fight is in A4. Wake the fuck up."
  17. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I've seen chatters from a Pz3 or Stug3 telling the Pak40 to head out as a scout.
    Also ppl who tell my SU-26 w/4 kills to get on cap, as suppose to the Grille that hasn't done 1/4 of damage.
    Really amusing when the only fast moving vehicle left in the battle refuse to spot enemies and suffer the fate of tk from my SU-26.:lol3
  18. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:

Helpful shit doesn't bother me. It's the little fucks snapping orders at me that get me to put on my act like a retarded monkey hat.

They realllllllllly despise it when you're the last one left vs half or more of the other team and you aren't trying to go kill them all in your cap zone.
  19. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Something that helps mitigate this kind of nonsense is to mark the tanks you're shooting at. That tells them you're shooting across the map, and don't need to move so much in order to do your part.
  20. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What's worse is that those gold shots didn't do squat! I kept bouncing off this KV4 I was head-to-head with and thought the extra pen would get me over the top. At the end I guess my gun found some soft spots and took care of business. That one tank probably took 5-8 shots all by himself.