North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    +2

I'm with the Dog on this one.

I too would much rather see EGGY sit for a spell, then to have to live with the shame of having to travel by car.
    He doesn't need to dropped at the top of Lincoln's head on Mt. Rushmore or nuthin'...just drop him at your local Starbuck's. Someone'll grab him up for sure from there. Heck...Mac stuck him in his own damn BIRDFEEDER for cryin' out loud!!

well....at least he's back in action!! :clap GAME ON PEOPLE!! :freaky
  3. Dyno

Dyno Conquistador

Oddometer:
    It left Alabama on a bike. A death in the family occurred, and Chris tried to find a solution that allowed him to meet his family obligations, while putting the egg back in play. Give it a rest. It was his decision to make. He did fine.

Quit whining and go get the damned egg!
  4. George 99

George 99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree with Dyno. The current chauffeur has control. If Eggy don't like it, he'll voice his complaint himself. :evil
  5. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    :baldy

I'm about five miles from where I dropped Eggy. My wife and I are heading home in the morning.

I'll swing by in the morning to check. If the package is still there, I'll pick it up and make a drop sometime in the next week by motorcycle.

If anyone has a problem with that, post it or PM it by 6 AM Sunday. After that, it's too late.

Sometimes I hate being so damned honest.

Thanks to those of you who took into account the situation.

Chris
  6. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    Meh...just leave it.

it's back in play at that IS the most important thing.

btw.....Condolences on your loss, Chris.
  7. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Leave it there.
    Life and learn.
    You have enough going on with your loss than worrying about us bitter rule followers.
    It is a cool hiding place and eggy will enjoy it there.
  8. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    It's only 2,537 miles from San Diego, leave it there, I'll pick it after Stagecoach in December!!!
  9. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    Hey Mac.....kin I 'borrow' somma your retirement time????

.......PLEASE!!!???????!!!!! :D :evil
  10. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Never happen!!! It took me a while to figure out how to do this, now that I have it down pat, I'll keep it!!!
  11. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    My apologies if that wasn't clear in my original post. We got the call about my father-in-law at about 1 AM. We were pulling out of the driveway for a drive to southwest Florida a little over an hour later. About 700 miles later, we parked at my mother-in-law's at about 2 PM.

I don't see your point here.

I agree that the mascot should move around via motorcycle -- even though there isn't really a rule to that effect. I didn't want to hold up the game, so I broke the implied rule. I coulda not mentioned it, but that's not who I am.

I don't think that advertising on an Internet forum that my house was sitting empty would have been a smart thing to do. Also, I get my mail in my mailbox.
    I agree. So I picked up the egg yesterday morning and will place it this afternoon by motorcycle.

I wasn't happy to place it by car. I wasn't happy to hold up the game. (I had mis-remembered the timeframe posted about how soon the mascot should be placed as being about a week instead of the "week or two" that is stated in the OP.) The egg will be placed today -- a little over two weeks since I picked it up. I'm moving it to satisfy my own dissatisfaction with the car placement.

In the end, Eggy had a little Florida vacation while I dealt with some family matters.

Chris
  12. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Dyno dropped it in Langston. That's where I picked it up. What would have been the point of picking it up if I wasn't going to move it?
    Chris
  13. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Thank you.

Thank you.

Thanks, Dave.

Thanks.

The egg will be placed by motorcycle today.
    [​IMG]

Chris
  14. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Man, I just got done prying a new skin on my rear wheel in preparation to head for south FL!!!
  15. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Perfect timing! One of your many strengths, Mac :) :clap
    Careful scrubbing them in.
  16. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Eggy is camped out in the woods about 30 paces behind this sign in the Sumter National Forest.
    [​IMG]

Here are the coordinates for where the motorcycle is parked in that picture.
    [​IMG]

Here's the sign.
    [​IMG]

See the slim tree trunk that's right above the hyphen in the picture below? Walk to it.
    [​IMG]

When you get to that skinny little cedar, look to your right front and you'll see Eggy's resting place.

[​IMG]

Here's an arrow-less version of the photo.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Move the pieces of wood and uncover Eggy.
    [​IMG]

The road that Eggy is on is a dirt road. That sign is about 1.2 miles from pavement if you take Secession Street out of the town of Abbeville. The other dirt routes are longer. All of them are pretty tame Forest Service roads with some rutting in places. I have taken my wife's low-slung car on all of the dirt that you would possibly take to get to the sign/tag location.
    [​IMG]

Go get Eggy!

Chris
  17. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Been a looooooong time since I've been in that part of SC. And I did the Dempster on a Wing pulling a bunkhouse in '99, so dirt isn't a problem for me. 2,298 miles from San Diego. Nice recovery Chris.
  18. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Mac.

You know, you could pick up Eggy and then join us for our Upstate SC ADV dinner Wednesday evening. About 45.5 hours from now.:evil

Chris
  19. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    I volunteer at the San diego Zoo and I'm on for the next week, then it's Thanksgiving, but look out after that!!! That's if noone has picked him up by then.
  20. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    YES CHRIS!!! Great drop!!! :clap

That's the way it's done!

Gad....you're as bad as a college student looking for a reason to party! (...or to ride in YOUR case) :deal :lol3 :norton

GAME ON KIDS!!