Auxiliary LED Lights - MondoMotos

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by The Toad, Dec 27, 2011.

1. The Toad

The Toad on the go since...wait. where am I ?

Oddometer:
    Dave,

Under the fuel tank you will find a 3 and 4 pin connector.

3 pin = Heated grips

4 pin = Accessory lights

Both of these have a Blue and a Purple wire on them... one is always on and the other is switched. I cant recall off the top of my head which is which??

You can test for power with the key off once you've removed the fuel tank. I'd use the 4 pin (4 wire) connector to splice into once youve figured out which is which. This is the place where the OEM lights plug in.

Maybe someone can chime in and point out which wire is powered only when key is on (Blue or Purple) ?

(hardware kit is on the way)
    thanks,
    -Brian
  2. timbercat

timbercat Texas Cruiser

Oddometer:
    I just mounted attaching the hot to the new lights switch to the blue hot on the horn. This blue wire connects into the yellow that powers the small light located between and below the head lights. I selected the horn hot because of ease of access. Working well so far.
  3. fluff34567

fluff34567 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Brian thanks, I asked because like another popular led light thread with raving reviews I bought a set but thought they were crap so wanted a bit more info beforehand.

Thanks anyway.

sent using my fingers and voodoo magic.
  4. humvee

humvee Long timer

Oddometer:
    Take this as a compliment or a story of caution :evil

It was the first night it stayed above zero since last fall so my buddy and I head out for a ride. I show him my new lights and he says "oh, you're gonna get stopped". I say no way...and if I do, I'll just tell'em I just put them on...wasn't sure of the aiming, etc.

Well we leave my alley and enter traffic. 10 seconds later a cop lets us pass and turns on the blue+reds :lol3

I pull over. He asks if they're HID, says they are WAY too bright and to keep them off, Save them for off-road. :rofl

We found some gravel later in the night to give them a good test. My buddy says "send me the link to where you got those...". I guess you can expect another order.:deal
  5. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was pulled over for speeding at night by an LAPD Moto cop. He cited me for speeding but inquired where he could get the Aux lights I had for his personal bike.

I have mine mounted on the fork fender mounts, aimed down and out to cover periferels.
  6. Flyboy52219

Flyboy52219 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Installed my MM10's today. Took a few hours...most of the work is getting the tank off. This is my only complaint about my Tiger 800 XC. Too much plastic! Anyway the lights were packed perfectly. Overall the quality looks great. The Tiger 800 Mounts consisted of stainless steel bolts, spacers, and washers. Nice clean install. Love the look of these as compared with the the Triumph fogs. The lights are super bright, the point where they mount on the windscreen angles them outward slightly so. Just where I wanted them to. I took TIMBERCATs advice and used the horn for hot from the switch. Completely painless. Switch is mounted on the reservoir. Speaking of which, the switch doesn't look all that weatherproof...just hope it is. Maybe Brian can confirm this. Rode tonight and am completely satisfied with the looks, quality, and brightness level. They almost look integrated as part of the design of the bike. A few pictures of the install. Thanks again Brian and MondoMoto's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    If I can find a way to mount these to my Bandit, I think I may be ordering some soon! Cool stuff!
  8. mint julep

mint julep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @The Toad (Brian)
    Ok, I've used the 3pin connector for my Oxford heaterz. So the 4 pin I should find.
    I also was hoping I could install without taking the tank off. But if I must, then I'll have no choice but to just do it.

I wondered if there was a connector I could just wire to make this plug and play. Would this connector work?
    Multilock 4 Way Female Connector
    http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/product.php/070_multilock_4_way_female_connector_pack_5/?k=:::1593908

I'm keeping an eye out for the light mounts. Thx.

@flyboy52219
    Thanks for the install pictorial.
    Any pics of the switch wire to horn?
    Did you use Posi-Tap to connect or other?
    Would it be possible to install and run wiring without tank removal?

Hi Timbercat, nice to have options.
    Do you have pics of how and where you wired the switch wire?

Did you use a Posi-Tap connector, if so, which size gauge for the wires?
    I'm guessing it might be the Posi-Tap rated for 12-18gauge.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm still new to trying to do the work on my bike myself. I'm a work in progress I suppose.:wink:

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help. :D
    Dave
  9. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the police in Winnipeg might have too much time on their hands. I imagine Canada must have something on the books that state the amount of lumens that are legal for street use... I know we do in states as well as most of Europe. Its one of those things that could be very hard to "fight".. or prove.. but might be worth looking into ?

We are located about halfway between Detroit and Flint.... maybe we can export some actual police work up north of the border :lol3

-Brian
  10. The Toad

Oddometer:

Many thanks for the review and photos :clap:clap

-Brian
  11. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Dave,

that connector will mate up with the 4 pin under the tank to avoid using the posi-tap. There are other options (place to tap for power) to avoid removing the tank (i.e. horn wire), but taking off the tank is more intimidating than difficult. Just keep your track of the screws from the plastics and be patient. An empty or near empty tank takes a little of the weight off as well.

-Brian
  12. timbercat

timbercat Texas Cruiser

Oddometer:
    Sorry Dave, I didn't take pictures of the wiring connection. I used the fast connect that was included with the lights.
    I didn't remove the tank, just the upper body work on one side and there was plenty of space to run to the battery.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Switch mount
    [​IMG]
    oFF
    [​IMG]
    On
    [​IMG]
  13. Flyboy52219

Flyboy52219 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Dave - didn't take any pics of the horn wire but here is what I did... Since I had the beak off anyway I disconnected the horn, used a bit of dialectic grease, striped a bit of the red wire from the switch and curled it on the horn prong. Then slipped the terminal back on over. Connection is so tight it's not going to go anywhere. If it ever does will splice in. Don't think I will ever need to though. It's possible to wire without removing the tank but I don't think you will have the ability to totally hide the wiring. I think the extra effort to remove the tank makes the job look professional. Plus I want to get proficient removing the tank in case I ever need to while on the road. It's not hard, not much you can screw up, as long as you do it I'm steps. I could probably remove the tank in 20 minutes or so if I really had to. Follow the instructions that have been posted here or on other forums and you will be fine. Reach out if you need any help.
  14. timbercat

timbercat Texas Cruiser

Oddometer:
    Triumph Tiger 800XC headlights are pretty good compared to other bikes I ride with. I say this only so that you don't think I took pictures of a ringer bike or something.
    Here is the night photos of the tiger lights on low beam followed by the same low beams and mondo moto's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG.. What is Leo going to say.....

They still need little adjusting,
  15. mint julep

mint julep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Brian, flyboy52219, timbercat, big thanks guys!:clap

I'll see how the tank comes off after some riding. Mounts are in!
    There's a few options, but the horn wire may be good for me.

@timbercat, great pics. I'm not sure which mounts I like more as I also have a set of the SWMotechs coming.
    Lights looks good, you running them at night? :evil

Cheers,:freaky
    Dave
  16. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input and pics :beer
  17. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Give us a call or email or PM if you have any questions.

-Brian
  18. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up to the ADV community that beginning May 6th, we will be reducing the price of the MM10 light kits to $126 USD.

We are doing this in an effort to get these lights kit out into the hands of riders everywhere.

With riding season coming into full swing in much of the Northern hemisphere, riding safe is of the utmost importance. Being seen, can help.

The new price does not include the 5% ADV discount (ADV5), making the final price = $119.70 USD (before shipping).

As a way of saying thanks to our fantastic past customers, we have a small quantity of T-shirts available that we will be giving away to the first 3 inmates that call "dibs".

To qualify for the free shirt, you must have purchased an MM10 light kit from us between Mar 1 - May 1.

[​IMG]

Available in M/L/XL

To get your free shirt:

1.You must have purchased an MM10 light kit from us between Mar 1 - May 1, 2013.

2.Be one of the first 3 inmates to call "dibs" here in the thread.

3.Once we acknowledge your reply here, follow up by sending a PM to me here with your:

- Name/Address
    - Email address used to place order
    - Order Number
    - Size (M/L/XL)

Free shipping within the 48 states - If you are outside the U.S. there will be a small (actual) charge for postage (sorry, shipping outside the US is expensive).

Again, thanks to all our customers past and present.

The new price will become effective May 6th, 2013
  19. humvee

humvee Long timer

Oddometer:
    bah...no shirt for me...bought earlier in the year.
  20. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    damn, just missed on the t, but liking that new discount price very much... thank you mm!!

order coming shortly

if you have an xl, a buddy of mine ordered lights from you a few weeks ago and he didn't get the adv discount (i told him about your lights, but he didn't know about the discount), he probably wouldn't mind getting a shirt.... :D