World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    i announce the area i'm supporting
    and then lock tracks
    even with the gun layer drive jumping around the whole map doesn't work
  2. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I believe in a mobile arty. Granted, some games arty can just sit in one place, but when push comes to shove on maps like Lakeville, the pro arty (when there are only one or two arty per team) knows to move to lay as much damage as possible. And this just isn't my opinion - I'm working with a group of guys in another clan who have high stats, play well, and have high expectations for new recruits. I just began the two-week probation period where I need to play with as many of them as possible to show them what I can do, but I distinctly remember hearing them agree that it was a very good thing when our one arty (in a random public battle) decided to move to support the pushes (not because it was being pressured).

Likewise, on Lakeville last week I did all I could do, but died. I was well aware of what was up forward and what was coming toward our base but was now hidden. I advised our GW Panther to move to center to stop the enemy push. He raced over and set up just in the nick of time, negated the IS-8 and one other, then rushed back to the valley to continue supporting the forces there. Awesome job, I'd say, and a prime example of the type of arty most would want on thier team. Some arty can't really do it - for example, for the benefit of being "the hand of God" in damage, the S-51 is too slow to be the same tactical advantage that a GW-Panther or Hummel is to a complex map and battle. The S-51 strikes down the dumb with furious anger, but the German line seems to counter the smarter teams better.
  3. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    3 Easy 8's in a platoon absolutely rocks the house!
    :defend
    :gun2
    :2guns:
    :gun1

That is all. :lol3
  4. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:

Yeah, that was funner than hell.
  5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a pretty fun game last night....but I really have to learn to look at the little map and to see how many guys are left. On this game I was the last guy for around 3 minutes....the other guys had to be overly stupid....I am no where near this good.
    But I had to save this for all time....and look at the crew...I did not want to spend the money to train them up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Hey, that's awesome! I agree with the crew thing... Generally most of us will have premium tanks around long enough that training them up from 75% seems far more prudent than paying gold for 100%'ers. I think I've only ever upped two crew members to 100% by using gold before, and both were Gunners. I felt that the gunners' ability to lay aim far outweighed the extra benefit of training the commander if I only had to train one to 100%.

Now-days with that "Mentor" skill on the commanders I could understand a better argument for training him up over the gunner... maybe... but I'm one of those guys who uses the guns on my tanks a lot. :D
  7. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    The Valentine is kind of fun. Not much for damage, but the lower tier stuff evens it out.

The E8 payout is awesome. I had some really good matches with it too. You can tell there are some new E8 drivers out there. It is not a heavy tank:lol3

I got a 30k game in the M12 this weekend, 4 kills, 4 injured, 1 scout:huh
    I hit an M103 fo 1010 damage and close to the same on a KV-5 (he was NOT happy).

I updated my drivers for my video card yesterday and since then the video shows a good frame rate but is "jerky". Somehow my sound and mic stopped working. I'm too much of a dumbass to change anything but basic settings, so I'm not sure what happened. Niether my external speakers nor headset work. Hard to platoon without communication.
  8. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    It was WoTfest for me yesterday....after helping at a wedding all day on Saturday, I wanted to do nothing but vegetate. Ended up 44-28 :evil with a KV-4 in the garage and 3.3 million in the bank. Lot's of E8 and T1 heavy play yesterday (thanks for platooning timk). Here's hoping the M6 and T29 go on sale for the 4th.

So, is it just me, or does it seem like that "school's out" asshattery and poor teams every round has kind of died off? I had a lot of close matches yesterday, not too many blowouts.
  9. Ebein

Ebein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some video's Smurf Sent over, as well as a few of mine from the weekend.

French BS 4 Kills – 2 in TD mode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzcPxDhLPAY&feature=plcp
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    T-34 5 Kills
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9TdH1WT3bg&feature=plcp
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Smurf – Panther – Sniper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eh-3tpMOrs&feature=plcp
    M4 – 2 Ram Kills
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffiu3i2qbPc&feature=plcp
    Smurf & Getsome Arty done right
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSE43P_LtAg&feature=plcp
    Smurf Easy 8 Brawler
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBL7ivH2-88&feature=plcp
    Wolverine Sniper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLixdvg8fEE&feature=plcp
    Egg T25/2 Kill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ktR6ZnzCg&feature=plcp
    Smurf & Ebein T-34’s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_HBBwvQp60&feature=plcp
  10. Ebein

Ebein Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Doesnt seem quite as bad. Though I still had a few bad runs on Al Halouf in Encounter matches.
  11. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought a few prem tanks this last week. I like the little valentine...it is kind of fun. Personally I like the low tier battles the best....don't know why I just seem to have more fun tier 5 and below. I am really ticked what they did to my little Pz III....they turned it into a T50 and it is bottom rung on just about every battle I have been in....really sucks. Its gun does nothing to the tier 7-8 tanks I have been trying to fight. that and it seems to get tracked very easy.

I am still on the fence on the tier 3 french prem TD...bought it on a whim and wanting something different then the marder. It seems to hit a little harder, and take a little more damage...but doG it is slow. If there is arty around I usually just hang around it and defend it.

But I think I am going to like it....it is fun...and different, I have not seen many of them...I think its speed turns many away.

Finally got the exp to move on to the T150....think I will wait till the crew gets their first perk before I buy.

I might try some of the other low tier prem tanks....I hope they put matilda on sale soon.
  12. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I enjoy the lower tier battles as well.. hence 1300 battles, 19 TopGun in my MS-1.

[​IMG]

It's more diffucult to make profit without premium account while operating higher tier tanks..

If you want to try a low tier (SPG) tank that's fun, try a SU-26, but do splurge on the 100% crew, without them, the fun factor do not kick in for a while.

The tier 4 French premium arty 105 le FH18B2 is also cheap to operate/repair and offer good profit with standard account/battles.
  13. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was a blast! We'll have to get some 3-person E8 squads going one night and see what kind of havock we can cause.
  14. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think that platoon needs a name:
    WolfPack
    Piranha Squad
    Wild Dog Assault Platoon

:evil
  15. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    Not for me. Matches where everyone goes one side, one shot deaths to me, surprise wolfpacks. Not a good day.
  16. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Cat0200, sorry pal but that account was already platooned with others at that time.

Man, every time I log in to Corbon to play there isn't anyone on. Hours yesterday, hours today, except for Cat when I was busy with the other account.... but he's gone now.
    :-(

Glad you guys are getting good platoons, but you all must be logging in much later than I can. I'd buy an Easy-8 again just for such fun.
  17. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Dave, I'm off Thursday and Friday (and SWMBO is working :evil). If I see you on, we'll platoon.
  19. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    Im over on left-coast time, until september when I'll be back in normal mountain time.. still a couple hours behind you. Buy stock in Redbull!
  20. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd be game to run with you again - running around in 13-75's with you was a blast!
    What times are you around?