Drz400 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Britmick, May 4, 2007.

1. Dirtnadvil

Dirtnadvil Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you are, did you use a custom spacer or did you leave the speedo spacer/ pick up on. Thanks
  2. SKINZ

SKINZ Geo Steve

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Never thought I would want winter to last longer, but people change.
  3. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Attempted my first tire change on a motorcycle tonight. Things went well, lots of goggling and a few beers. Almost had my tire reinstalled when I realized the PO removed the bead lock? I am assuming he used on the road only so did not worry about it. A quick trip to the dealer tomorrow will take of it, so no worries. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I am preparing for a rally ride next month and I need advice on a bag. I will be traveling light so nothing too big. I just want it to fit on the factory rack, and be able to carry a change of clothes, a few tools, and toiletries. Anybody have similar need and knows what I should get? Input appreciated <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 type="#_x0000_t75" alt="0" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\rshea\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:title="0"></v:imagedata></v:shape>:evil<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  4. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Nice! Thanks for the info. I was curious when a dry rotted piece of rubber came out that I would assume would wrap around the bead lock. Serious tire noob so, I am guessing.
  5. Plane Dr

Plane Dr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which Lake? it ain't Chestemere. Only time I ever tried that was the num bum and it was awesome. Ice racing isn't big here so now I could manage it I can't. :D
  6. SKINZ

SKINZ Geo Steve

Oddometer:
    This is Ghost Lake just west of Calgary. Some friends made a quick video of their ice time out there.

http://youtu.be/BiKzEFGY7wk

It's a blast
  7. DRDeano

DRDeano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know for certain whether a rear sub frame off an 'S' will fit on an 'E'? I have an 'E' and would like to get some pillion pegs so the wife can hop on the back and keep her happy.

Failing that does anyone have any other work arounds?

If it does work, does anyone have a rear frame with pegs they would like to part with?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  8. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Guys, another noob question here. Putting the rear tire back on and I am lost on the chain adjustment. I think i have to do something with the tear drop/half moon/numbered pieces but I really am lost. Searched youtube tt and here. May not be looking for the right thing, but I really want to get this project finished up. A point in the right direction would be much appreciated.
  9. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Owners Manual pages 68-70
  10. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    :cry:cry:cry]
    Bought a Clymers, no worries :)
  11. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    here ya go:
    1 is place motorcycle on side stand
    [​IMG]
  12. rideitva

rideitva n00b

Oddometer:
    I bought an 03 klx 400 because im a kawi guy. ( I know its a suzuki) I sold my zx6r today and my dr250se. My klx wont run with choke off. (Pilot jet whats that) and it doesn't have an off road title I need to convert it. Btw the bike is beautiful. Tdll me what to do guys ;)
  13. SteveROntario

SteveROntario Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bobby Ginger: The owner's manual is readily available on the internet. I'm surprised Suzuki hasn't got it posted on their website as most manufacturers provide them for download...because it is important to the safety of the operator to read it.
    Cheers, Steve
  14. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Cheers!

To everyone else thanks. The litte girl has DT606's on her now and I only have a few spare parts left over :roflj/k.
    Might be time for a new chain though.
  15. jlw

jlw Adventurer

Oddometer:

The SW motech work well for me on the DRZ. I have wolfman waterproof soft side bags

[​IMG]
  16. Psycho18th

Psycho18th Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My DRZ as well as every dirt or DS bike, came with a rim lock. You should have one on there to keep the tire from spinning on the bead at normal tire pressures front and rear. The rotted rubber was probably the rubber band that wraps over the spoke nipples. You can replace it, or just run a couple wraps of duct tape around the rim over the spoke nipples.

If you are running on the street, its worth balancing the rim locked wheel with weight opposite the rim lock. Balance with the wheel on the axle between 2 jack stands. It will make for a much smoother ride on the road. I just use stick on wheel weights with a bit of silicon to help keep them attached. Ugly, but functional, and easily replaced when they get knocked off by trail obstacles. There are prettier and more precise options out there, just ask the SM guys.

First tire change is a big step! Doing the first one solo, without an experienced guy helping and without trip to the ER is quite an accomplishment, and you should be proud.

The Clymer manual for the DRZ is pretty darn good. Just make sure you are looking at the section for your correct model when it comes to carburetor, electrical, suspension, etc.

Psycho
  17. Jeathrow Bowdean

Jeathrow Bowdean Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Front and Rear wheel drive DRZ with traction control for the toughest off road riding. Ha Ha. At least it comes with a custom moose hide seat cover !!!
  18. 150ron

150ron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ran into a guy on the dirt today with my exact bike, exact mods too, cept he had the FCR-MX 39 carb that i have been thinking about getting, so we switched bikes for a bit and i got to see what this FCR is all about.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im keeping my stock carb, he did have on a seat concepts seat on his bike, now that is a mod that is worth every penny imho.
  19. Gadget678

Gadget678 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even if they do swap over: Being in Oz, your E is registered as a solo vehicle. If you put pillion pegs on, you'll need to get an engineers cert and have the bike re-registered to be able to take a pillion onto the road.... otherwise if anything happens, apart from potential TAC & insurance problems, you could be fined for not complying with registration parameters (much like overloading your car)
  20. DRDeano

DRDeano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gadget, hadnt really thought about the rego/ insurance side, but most of the time it would have been on private property.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2