24 Hours of Starvation Ridge

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Konflict Motorsports, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Without the help we revived we would have been up a creek, the energy that it takes to push the beast around that track had me feeling like a rubber band man after every lap.
    Thanks are not near enough..
  2. anselmo

anselmo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Special thanks to the Cyclops crew for my foodbank donation raffle prize, a 1,000 lumen led helmet light. An outstanding light, capping off a thoroughly entertaining event from a spectator's perspective.

Now, if only Carri (sp?) of Dirty Girls could find a dirtbike. Is it really true that those gals had not only a caterer but also a masseuse? Is there a sign-up sheet for the cigar chomping grandpa position?

Cheers, Anselmo
  3. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank You!!
    We appreciated your donation to the Goldendale food bank:clap
    Yep, those ladies had the royal treatment.
  4. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    Team Heavyweights WILL be attending a few races this next year! Perry Mountain, and Vegas to Reno along with a few others are on the tentative list. :deal

24 hour racing is a whole different animal that I truly enjoy, this last race at Starvation Ridge was one of the most fun races I’ve done in a long time.

Having the industry support, rider support, and pit support we had truly makes a difference in the success competing on these big bikes.

Wait till you see the photo's and race reports and video once things are put together...

You'll be wanting to join us that much more, which we are discussing in taking the “Team Heavyweights” into much larger spectrum than it currently is.

So with this being said and just a thought at this time, how many people would be interested in becoming “Team Heavyweight Members”. There would be benefits of course with swag, pit support, and product support.

How many people are seriously interested in racing their ADV Bikes in local and national events? Competing against the smaller bikes takes a bit of commitment, and skill but if you are willing it can be some of the most fun you’ve had on a bike, it sure has been for myself!
    Cheers,
    Alex
  5. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    We have gotten the final cut on our 24 Hour of Starvation Ridge race the Team Heavyweights completed on their KTM 990's and 950 Super Enduro's. We had a fantastic time with this event, and its just the beginning of " The Heavyweights" competing against smaller bikes at various races. Check it out and let us know what you think!

[​IMG]
  6. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome job, awesome video!
    Just a question, who was first in class and what were they riding?
  7. 81forest

81forest ADDRider

Oddometer:
    Outstanding! Hope to meet some of you guys at the Desert 100. Congrats on a great race.
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The team first in class where all riding Yz450's, ktm450's
    One was a previous overall winner of the Desert 100. There where no other Big bikes on the course.
  9. surferdude

surferdude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is so frickin awesome.
  10. One Fat Roach

One Fat Roach honey badger

Oddometer:
    Awesome video. That looked like so much fun and so much work. Funny you guys took.the lead in the dark eh? :evil I bet those lights kicked some serious b-hole.
  11. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great video, it was awesome to see how things went on course. See you all next year.
  12. Capt. Egregious

Capt. Egregious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
    Sweet video, Great job. Hope to see you guy's out there again next year.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys

We are putting the call out to other guys (or gals) who like to push the limits of their big adventure bikes. If you love to hit the dirt, we would like to have you join us on team Heavyweights.
    We are looking forward to hosting a few local events and a bunch of rides.
    let myself or Alex know if your interested.
  14. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would need to do some suspension work (Hey is a 620 Adventure considered a heavy weight?) but I would be interested-Perhaps this should be the reason to get a 950 Enduro....
  15. Capt. Egregious

Capt. Egregious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
    I'm also curious, what are the qualifications for a heavy weight? CC's? Weight? Both? Inquiring minds want to know. :D
  16. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    You need a REASON to buy a 950 SE?
    The SE is not about REASON....
    It's about emotion.
    500 lbs +/- and multi-cylinder, I would assume. Something that most all riders would tell you does not belong...... I believe that is the point of this exercise. It's hard to piss of our parents with loud/bad music at our age. We need a new rush :lol3
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Aj pretty much nails it, however we don't want to exclude good riders who want to be a part of the fun.
    What we are looking at is 600CC plus with riders who have a desire to go beyond starbucks and put themselves and their machines on the edge of what some might call sane. We just call it riding.

If your idea of a good ride is 100 miles of the WABDR in a day, with a catered dinner, this is not for you:deal

Hopefully we can get a nice group together with lots of rides and a few great events. Basically a network for advanced adventure bike riders.
    For those that want to race, We will search out events across the country where we can race the big bikes. Right now the Perry Mountain 24 hr is on our radar.

Whats also exciting is that we are working with quality aftermarket companies and dealerships for support and discounts on premium products and services.
  18. bearcat1

bearcat1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well Done! Awesome video and thank you. I rode in the over 40 amature class three years in a row on a KTM 200 and last on a 450. Watching you guys on those big 950/990s...respect! I thought I was done with that chapter. Next year I'll be 50 and that video makes me want to go one more time, but not on a 990!:D Nice work.:wink:
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks!! I thought I would be done with this racing stuff once I turned 50, but I think Im just getting started.

Unfortunately we had to pull the first video due to a vendor attempting to take credit for a bike setup. Our sponsors are very important to us:deal
    Here is the re released vid.
    Thanks again

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rsz74wpatFo" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>