Middle Tennessee pixel hunt

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by rob feature, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Drowsy Dave

Drowsy Dave Square Peg, No Hole

Oddometer:

So true...It's both a blessing and a curse. :lol3
  2. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    I will tell ya !! My hat is off to all of you city boys that have to ride in that,pavment,heat, car infested trails they call the interstates or open highway. no matter what kinda bike you ride or how far you have to go IT SUCKS! I have had all of the heavy street bikes, sport bikes, and yes even a few HD's and i never did like the fight and fuss of rideing in rush hour hell. I went throu town sunday and thought i was gona die ! stop at a redlight and the heat is unreal. it is kinda fun guessing if a car is going to run out in frount of you, or just plane run over you !(damn pepole are crazy now days).. I ride to work everyday and anywere else i need to go no matter how far rain or shine all summer long. but im lucky that most of my daly trip is all shaded and kinda back roads(not dirt) just a nice ride over all. But i do have one bad problem,,DEER gosh i hate deer. i leave for work around 2:45am and there jumping out of the woodwork. done almost hit 5 so far this summer. Guess we all have our little obstacles, be it deer or cars.LOL

My hats off to ya guys !!! (urban hell riders):lol3 I will stick to dodging deer, dogs, skunks, opossum's and the occasional armadillo !! Bats ara a bitch also but thats a long story.:eek1
  3. Alatheia

Alatheia n00b? no doubt

Oddometer:
    Somebody get out there and get that tag. I've been lurking here since early spring and have enjoyed all the tags and conversation. I'm on the sidelines trying to get an old bike back on the road. She's running now, but still a bit of work to do. Hopefully we'll be in the game by July 1. So keep the game going until then. Maybe I'll get lucky and move the targets a little further east, but of course short of the plateau.:D
  4. richarddacat

richarddacat Everything is green and submarine.

Oddometer:
    Well if there's any consultation, the NT Parkway is usually cooler, less traffic and in most areas the median is far enough off the road to catch the sight of a deer coming, though I've known a few riders who have hit them regardless there.

It's especially a nice ride in the late afternoon early evening....hint..hint...:dg
  5. richarddacat

Oddometer:

No problem, Mid TN has been barely touched. :thumb

good luck on the old bike. :lurk
  6. Alatheia

Alatheia n00b? no doubt

Oddometer:
    Yeah, like a dope I sold my ZRX last fall. Wife was glad, something about lack of throttle control. Currently working a 74 CB350. I hope it has the power of the 1100.:lol3
  7. Drowsy Dave

Oddometer:
    Hey...Welcome to the game.

A buddy of mine had a CB350 back when we were in high school in the early 70's.

First bike I ever wrecked. :evil
  8. istbenz

istbenz Mustachioed Marauder

Oddometer:
    :mulie = Me this quarter in school

:2cry

BA
  9. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    I had hoped to take a long ride down the Trace this evening, however work interfered. Just got through.

Bike goes to the shop tomorrow. :cry 12000 mile check up and a new front wheel. I hit a pot hole really hard and bent it.
  10. Drowsy Dave

Oddometer:

Ouch...that can get expensive too. Better luck next quarter.
  11. Drowsy Dave

Oddometer:

Glad it wasn't worse. How you liking the V? Thats the bike I really want, but until the kids are out of college I'm making do with the KLR.
  12. istbenz

istbenz Mustachioed Marauder

Oddometer:
    Oh, it's nothin bad- just kickin my ass (read LOTS of work) and I'm not gettin out ridin

BA
  13. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    I am enjoying the V-Strom very much. It's just a nice ride. Sweet spot is at about 4k rpm which works out to about 60-65 mph in 5th. 6th is a true OD. It makes me just want to ride easy and enjoy the scenery, not burn up the road to see how fast I can go. Pretty hard to beat in my opinion.

I will have one starting college in another year. I still need to figure out how bad that is going to hurt me. Her grades are pretty good though, so hopefully some total strangers will help out. She wants to go to Union, which is $28k a year! :eek1
  14. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:

Hey man !
    That sucks.. but i wish ya the best of luck wiff the school !
  15. richarddacat

Oddometer:
    OK, there's a break in the weather right now.....anyone going to jump the fence and fetch this tag?

:lurk
  16. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    I just got home from an AWESOME ride. :D

now if only my pics would upload :cry
  17. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    I was just about to give up on this, thinking I was in the wrong place. And I was low on gas. The little gas light had been blinking at me for a while. And it was raining. And lightening. When I was about 7 miles away from the tag, strike lightening hit the ground about a mile in front of me. I seriously considered turning around at that point, but then I realized I was too stupid for that.

[​IMG]
  18. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    In a little town named for the season, there is a place where the whistle stops. And it's all lit up at night so it makes a good place to stop and place a tag after dark.

[​IMG]
  19. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    and now for a musical interlude...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icMTVV5Lwaw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icMTVV5Lwaw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  20. stanack2

stanack2 IBA #45290

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Whistle Stop Drive Thru in lovely downtown Summertown!! The pizza is pretty good and so are the breadsticks.

This was too easy, it's only a mile from the house. :D I waited all weekend hoping that someone else would get out and find it. Oh well, I needed milk anyway.