Tent Space Sign-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by geode, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Maximus64

Maximus64 Betamus Chingamus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Abilene, TX

Warm bed
    Couch
    Backyard for tent
    Cold beer
    Bourbon
    Cigars
    Garage
    Tools
    Bike Lift
    Air Compressor
    Two Multi brand bike shops in town

I can possibly come up with a trailer if you have a breakdown. Did I mention beer?=^>

Phone: 325-201-8438
    Email: dmcopeland1964@gmail.com
  2. Hevy Kevy

Hevy Kevy ADDRider

Oddometer:
    Tent space , hot tub, bbq, and fire pits, shop. Along the Elora Gorge. Walking distance to beautifull Elora and the pubs (important).
    Hevy Kevy
    519-846-8373
  3. PFFOG

PFFOG Richard Alps-aholic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
    Batavia NY, half way between Rochester & Buffalo

Country location, nice shaded pine grove in the side yard or your choice of 82 acres of farm fields, Barn with bike lift, full set of tools and expertise .
    Fire pit, wood, if no beer on hand, store only a couple miles away.

Trailer for rescue if needed.
  4. playinatwork

playinatwork Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have garage space with most tools and space in the backyard for a tent or a foldout couch in the A/C. Pool in the backyard too for after those nasty tire changes. Just off the 295 East beltway.
    Tim 904-237-0855
  5. Ross1969

Ross1969 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thornbury Bristol South West UK.

Enough space for about a dozen tents and hard standing in my garden, which is down a lane at the edge of a small English market town. Also a double bedroom free when family/couchsurfers are not visiting.
    Got a few tools for basic maintenance and a non dealer independent Ducati expert with a full workshop about 45 mins ride away. In Bristol (20 min ride away) main dealers for all makes of bikes. Good location for touring SW Wales, SW England, the Midlands, Cotswolds etc.
    Montford and burrenman like this.
  6. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Central Florida

Babson Park 33827

At the end of the road less traveled.

Acres of camping, extra bedroom and shower, shop and tools.

Access road can be challenging, sandy and/or muddy depending on rain.

1.5 hrs to Tampa or Orlando

sandjoh@gmail.com or PM
  7. bigbutt

bigbutt n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, Gert here from The Netherlands.
    Situated in the central part of our country, about 15 miles south from Amsterdam :D
    Village: Kockengen
    State: Utrecht.

Rooms, tools, beer etc. available,
    Quite a good mechanic myself, several professional dealers/shops around less than 20 miles.
    bad luck and Montford like this.
  8. ShaftyNZ

ShaftyNZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Matiere, Central North Island, New Zealand
    In New Zealand, AND in the middle of nowhere (we call it paradise), close to The Forgotten World Highway, we live in Matiere, new house with spare rooms, own bathroom, camping and garage space, beer fridge, plus a neat Club nearby.

Central North Island, Visitors welcome - we have ridden overseas and would love to pay forward the hospitality we've experienced

Pete and Jude

peteconnolly@xtra.co.nz
    neppi likes this.
  9. ajklik

ajklik NS-alaska-NS

Oddometer:
    tent/room/barn/tools and shower/toilet/breakfest place in the netherlands. Northern part, just 5km outside the city Groningen.
    Garmerwolde
    albert
    nsfw likes this.
  10. motogearhead

motogearhead Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Parking, tent space and help if needed.

Located on Little Bay De Noc and on the South loop of the UPAT.
  11. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Eighty Four, PA (south of Pittsburgh); Tent space, level yard surrounded by 8 acres of woods, fire pit with tons of split firewood, garage with tools, hose and cleaning stuff, washer/dryer, shelter if weather is bad, whatever a fellow inmate is in need of. Always a few beers in the fridge. Give me a heads up if able. I usually get PMs fairly quickly.

P.S. My boys and I have built a MX course in the woods and this summer we'll be working on a "campground". What that means will be determined this summer! :evil I hope it'll end up being a cool place for Tent Space uses and boondockerswelcome users. It'll take a bit of work, but eventually it'll be pretty cool. Pay it forward...
  12. justinmlowe

justinmlowe Smokin' 'n 2-Strokin

Oddometer:
    Elmwood Village, Buffalo, NY. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Tent space, barn with tools, pressure washer and bike lift. Shower and food inside, hot tub and fire pit in the backyard. We have WiFi and a pick-up truck. Urban setting, but close to Niagara Falls, Canadian border (bring passport) and some good rural roads to the south. We share our home with two hairless cats.

email: justinmlowe@yahoo.com
  13. Crooked Creek

Crooked Creek Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Located near DeBolt Alberta, between Grande Prairie and Valleyview. Have 10 acres of tent space and a spare room if needed. If you catch me on the right day, would love to go for a ride or do some fishing.
    ZiggyInNc likes this.
  14. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    50 minutes west of Baltimore, 50 minutes to an hour north of the District of Colombia, and about 11-12 miles to the Shady Grove Metro station, which has free bike parking for day trips into the city, while your stuff is locked at my place. Google Woodfield, Md for approximate location.

If I'm in town you get a garage, tools, hose, shower, beer, & bed.
    If I'm not in town, a place to camp in an outer suburb back yard or use the truck camper (no toilet), use of the grill, wifi on the deck, & hose. But no restroom.
  15. BikerBobber

BikerBobber Trying to get lost

Oddometer:
    On Gananoque Lake, Seeleys Bay Ontario, Canada. 20 min from Hill Islands border crossing.
    Space for tents, with fire pit. Basic tools.
    Possible cottage with advanced notice :D
    House shared with dog and cat. Lake has bass, pike & crappies.

bikerbobber@gmail.com
    Yepyep27 likes this.
  16. skian g

skian g Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let me know if you are in the area and need anything.

Reading Pa 19604

- Spare bedroom / couches / space out back for tents
    - Hot shower
    - Cold beer
    - Garage with space for bikes
    - Tools, including Welder
    - Pick up truck

Ian
  17. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Charlotte, NC

Spare bedroom, couch, plenty of yard for camping, yadda yadda
    Lots of tools

Inmates welcome

evanpdixon@gmail.com
  18. Bbbent

Bbbent Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Half-way between Madison and Milwaukee. Room for a few tents, a spare bedroom with room for two, full garage, welder and love to fix motorcycles and make new moto-friends. If you're broken down within 100 miles get in touch, I'll do what I can.

It's Wisconsin, so like, there's beer. And cheese.

bentley.wolfe@gmail.com or PM here
    9Realms likes this.
  19. Chrispy76

Chrispy76 キタ━&#

Oddometer:
    5 rural acres that have plenty of tent spots and basic tools for minor repairs. We have wifi available when in proximity to the house. Unfortunatley, our dwelling is small, so we are limited to tenting. There is a fire pit and can have access to the shower and landry. Rock climbing, fishing and some of the best mountain biking in the world available within minutes of our house. Lots of heads up would be appreciated as I work long shifts and disappear for weeks at a time. Email please as I don't log in very often kiffy76@hotmail.com

Lat. 52.106251°
    Long. -122.185187°
    Rodak likes this.
  20. raebear

raebear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ely, NV- the cross roads of the loneliest roads in the US.

[​IMG]

Well I figured as I might look some of you up at some point I should throw mine up here. I know a lot of folks come through and there just is not much out here. So here is the deal. I work a very odd schedule. When I am in town-(usually) the list of available amenities is; house- always a spare bed, comfy couches, showers, laundry, wifi, garage,- tools, no-mar tire changer, balancer, compressor, cold beer, good grill etc. Hot tub if you're cute LMAO. Road rescues whenever I can, more off road ish rescues also possible When I am not here, access to a safe secure backyard for camping, grill, table, chairs etc. Info about the area always.

caveats:

Mean people and thieves- the possibility of being hunted down and having your DNA removed from the pool always exists. (liars, thieves, cheats etc not welcome) this rule is no joke.

I have pets whom I value more than most people.

Rough around the edges characters and all others welcome. So if you are coming through and or would like to avail yourself give me a heads up. More lead time better but last minute ok as well- more time ='s possibly more help.

Oh yeah- tent space too. lol

Contacting me via email or text increases your odds of getting a prompt response
    raebearv@gmail or 4356301484

must bring a good tale or two