DR350 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by leonphelps, May 16, 2007.

1. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:

This is the biggest reason spokes break, improper adjusted or inadequate and uneven spoke tension, a commonly ignored maintenance procedure.
  2. markk900

markk900 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Took my 95 SE with the Acerbis tank to a practice track....even with *only* a half tank of fuel she dropped like a stone on the tabletop. Earned the nickname "The Exxon Valdez" because it was such a tank. Swapped with a friends KTM 450SX and let's just say it felt like the tabletop wasn't even there.

Not a chance I'd try to clear a 100ft table top.....
  3. tntmo

tntmo Oops, I did it again.

Oddometer:
    I guess I forgot the smilie. :rofl

No way I'd try to clear a table top on the DR either. I've often wondered how it would do at the track, at a trail riding pace though.

Anyway, as to the spokes issue, they are sold in a full set for about $80. If we get enough people interested in buying a few I may be willing to buy a set to split.

4. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Much better deal on stock DR350 spokes via Rocky Mountain ATVMC. I paid ~$50 per wheel for a full set of spokes and nipples.
  5. thump!

thump! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Before buying a full set of spokes from the dealer you might try an independent MC repair shop. There's one close to me that keeps a box full of loose spokes. I had to match up my broken one but was able to find a single spoke. I think I paid a dollar for it. Another option is a MC salvage yard.
  6. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you spokebroke folks are in need of 18 inch dirt model spokes I have about a half a set.

And a bottom end if any one lost theirs.

And some other stuff. Be handy to package with some spokes

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  7. markk900

markk900 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I should have known! Though I am sure some on this forum have tried!

I don't ride any faster than that anyway - too old (and fragile)....but I will say with DOT knobbies, and considering the weight, the DR did OK. It really railed the berms at my pace, I already said it sucked on any kind of jump, but otherwise it was fun. Would have been better with the smaller tank and as much weight removed as possible (ie headlight, rack, instruments, etc).
  8. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:
    well this is going to sound crazy but...........

I am selling my 1998 DR SE that I just bought 1 month ago. I reversed all the carb mods and put it back to standard jetting etc, the bike is now stock in every way with original tank and seat and runs fine. I bet I have not ridden this bike 20 miles since I got it running right.

I am only mentioning this here because I don't plan on putting it in the flea market and expect to sell it local.

So if anyone near me ( Winston-Salem, NC) is interested in the bike or knows of anyone who is nearby and looking for one contact me for details.

Priced to sell quick.

I have purchased a 1999 DR SE that is in like new condition, I couldn't pass it up and don't need both.

Thanks
  9. Soldier311

Soldier311 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whut? What the heck?
    And just curious - where'd you find the new one?
    Still waiting for my friend to bring mine down next month.
  10. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:

The Flea Market is great. I've sold to a local ADVrider inmate there. Just be sure to put your location in the ad heading.
  11. Soldier311

Soldier311 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It sure is. In fact, I would've probably bought mas's bike just a few weeks ago if he had posted it here.
  12. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:
    I know the FM is a great place to sell things, and buy, used it many times. I just wanted to kinda keep this simple and local but...... I'll put my DR in the Flea Market.
  13. mellephants

mellephants loves dirtbikes

Oddometer:
    it was a great day for the doctor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. LoopGaroo

LoopGaroo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those are great photographs! I'm jealous...
  15. LethalDose

LethalDose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a lead on a non cush rear wheel and plastic frame guards? I'll pay a premium! Found a clapped out DR on cl with beat up acerbis frame guards. I offered the guy $40 and he said "no". They really are hard to come by. :rofl
  16. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. LethalDose

LethalDose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw those. Reading feedback, I noticed a lot if negative reviews on the product. I DID find a rear wheel from a '93 250s... will that fit a '92 350s?
  18. hennikerjd

hennikerjd I am Jack's wasted life

Oddometer:
  19. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Like I said, no personal experience, but thanks for the heads up. I love this place. :thumb
  20. tntmo

tntmo Oops, I did it again.

Oddometer:
    I'm in work with a friend of mine, trying to make some kevlar/carbon fiber frame guards. They will be more like the Devol metal ones than the Acerbis type. Give us a few weeks, once we have a set completed and we run them for a while, we may make them available to purchase.