Cat Herders: Shenandoah Valley Inmates

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, Nov 3, 2008.

1. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where's the sign up list? :lol3
  2. mtnflow

mtnflow LFC, more pie please

Oddometer:
    I've finally found time to load the pictures from friday's ride. Here you go.....

[​IMG]
    Left to right, nick, john, kevin, stacy, goose.

John had a screw loose, or two...rear brake had to be zip tied.
    [​IMG]

Not sure of the order here but you get the idea, these are from 151. Everyone was to quick to capture at the rough run crossings.
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since 151 is the road the shooting range is on, we stopped and ripped a few rounds.
    [​IMG]

And then there were three...
    [​IMG]
    This was between stone camp and the climb to the gas wells on our way to union.....standing in the rain trying to decide on taking the sneak or the crux. These guys are hard core and went for the scary rocky ledges, no carnage.

Great ride everyone, glad we were able to get together.
  3. LXDDLE

LXDDLE ROBBXR Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that sounds like a plan. Unfortunately I have to go back up to DC again next Sat.
  4. CHECK_OIL

CHECK_OIL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb

[​IMG]

Since 151 is the road the shooting range is on, we stopped and ripped a few rounds.
    [​IMG]

Nice:clap

Cool Triumph!

[​IMG]

+1:clap
    Catherders have left their mark.

[​IMG]

:deal:clap

Quote :littlelionmonster<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_18125268", true); </SCRIPT>
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote">Originally Posted by CHECK_OIL [​IMG]
    This bike is where the my love for motorcycles stems from..Hot Nebraska summer day 1983....Dreaming of the open road in my ol' mans garage......uh oh...Smash......Lift it back up....Come on Rick You can lift it......5 Min later I realize its not happining......So the call goes like this..."Dad I dropped you bike".....In under 10 min he was at the house, Patten leather belt in hand.....(worst ass whooping I ever took) He was back to work and left me reflect on my actions....When he got home later that afternoon I thought for sure my second round ass beating was due...Instead he told me to get what was in the back seat of the car and come back to talk...Head down I approached the car, opened the door and there it was....A new helmet in just my size....As I turned around he said with a big smile "let’s take a ride son"....

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote">Originally Posted by CHECK_OIL [​IMG]
    This bike is where the my love for motorcycles stems from..Hot Nebraska summer day 1983....Dreaming of the open road in my ol' mans garage......uh oh...Smash......Lift it back up....Come on Rick You can lift it......5 Min later I realize its not happining......So the call goes like this..."Dad I dropped you bike".....In under 10 min he was at the house, Patten leather belt in hand.....(worst ass whooping I ever took) He was back to work and left me reflect on my actions....When he got home later that afternoon I thought for sure my second round ass beating was due...Instead he told me to get what was in the back seat of the car and come back to talk...Head down I approached the car, opened the door and there it was....A new helmet in just my size....As I turned around he said with a big smile "let’s take a ride son"....

Where in NE are you from? I grew up in a little town around North Platte.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Bellevue NE a stones throw from Offut AFB....I miss the midwest attitude :lol3<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR class=dg-forum-header><TD class="tcat dg-forum-header-left" colSpan=2>Preview </TD><TD class=dg-forum-header-right></TD></TR><TR class=dg-forum-header-spacer><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=dg-post-preview border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1>Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote">Originally Posted by H14 [​IMG]
    That is awesome man! Sounds like you had a great dad.

He was stern but fair...All around good guy!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR class=dg-forum-header><TD class="tcat dg-forum-header-left" colSpan=2>Preview </TD><TD class=dg-forum-header-right></TD></TR><TR class=dg-forum-header-spacer><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=dg-post-preview border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1>Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote">Originally Posted by H14 [​IMG]
    That is awesome man! Sounds like you had a great dad.

He was stern but fair...All around good guy!
  5. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Why didn't you stop and say hello?????

7. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I didn't even think about it.:doh
    It was a spur of the moment thing to head that direction, we were kinda running late as OMR had to be home by 5 and I needed to stop by and see my sister, West of Strasburg, who I hadn't seen since Christmas.
  8. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    looks like I missed another great BWalsh lunch production:(:
  9. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    I'm just jerking your chain Bob. Really sorry we missed it.
  10. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but I could have gotten that picture taken for you. I'm sorry you two missed it.
  11. grasshopper

grasshopper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The pictures are great, mtnflow, thanks for posting them.

Sounds like the RTE was a success!
  12. Kawikazi

Kawikazi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WTF was up with that rear brake issue on the trail? I heard some bolts came loose? Did you put stainless steel braided brake lines on the bike and if so did you notice any improvement? If you need it, the offer still stands to use my shop and bike lift if you have maintenance/farkle issues to deal with. I just stocked the beer cooler.:freaky
  13. grasshopper

grasshopper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had taken off the rear caliper the day before and apparently didn't crank it down hard enough when I reinstalled it. Doh!

I have stainless brake lines for the front that I still need to install (and I have a feeling it's going to really improve how smooth my front braking is--they're pretty sticky right now), as well as new brake pads for front and rear. I'll definitely need some help with the skid plate too. I'm going to take you up on your offer as soon as I get back in town. :norton
  14. mtnflow

Oddometer:
    Where did this come from, I though it was going to rain with possible flurries....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    WOW.... We only have 2" but it's blowing like mad out there....
  16. mtnflow

Oddometer:
    Nick said they only got and inch and a half in harrisonburg, I'm only 20 miles south of there. I guess littlelionmonster gets to use his new snowblower.
  17. Kawikazi

Kawikazi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shoot me an email at warren.heidt@gmail.com since I rarely check my PM's, but regularly check my email. I am working most afternoons these days until 5-6 pm or so, but the shop is available most evenings and weekends.
  18. littlelionmonster

littlelionmonster Custom Faker

Oddometer:
    except I'm not there to use it. there are about 9in in charlottesville now. I hope this crap all melts off before I have to go home.
  19. banshee

banshee hi

Oddometer:
    are you guys serious? blooch and I are trying to get to the cabin on our bikes tonight or tomorrow.
  20. littlelionmonster

littlelionmonster Custom Faker

Oddometer:
    its melting now. probably be slick tonight, but I'd think most of the snow will be gone tomorrow.