summer/spring is here.... winter gear?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by damasovi, Mar 11, 2013.

1. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    well this is not a in your face, or I have it and you don't thread. Looks like spring is here early and 70-80F are forecast for the next 8-10 days, so I was thinking of removing the wind shield, nothing wrong with it, I like it but maybe just to make it more gas efficient?

A long time ago I stop keeping track of my mpg's, but this year I stared to do it again and it is where I left it last time, mid upper 70's mpg whit a lot of 3/4 acceleration with me and the stuff I have put on.

So taking the windshield has cross my mind for the real summer months, but now that we have gone into summer schedule I will be riding less after dark so I might do it and store for next winter.

Advice/comments?

Damasovi
  2. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I get better gas mileage with the windscreen on. On the Buddy we get about 3 mpg better and on the Vespa around 4 mpg better. Not sure on the Scarabeo or BV since I've never ridden a whole tank without one. I do not like going 70mph without a screen.
  3. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    No
  4. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is funny, I think this is the first actual big screen that I have ever had on a 2 wheeler, unless you count the Kawasaki taller screen for the KLR as a windshield, so it takes time to adjust to having one.

Thanks

Damasovi
  5. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just thinking the same thing,about taking off the screen for warmer weather. 2 things though, bugs and like CDwise says, higher speeds are more comfortable with the screen. Try it then put it on again if it bothers you.
  6. scootrboi

scootrboi Long timer

Oddometer: