MotoGP: COTA Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Apr 16, 2013.

1. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    I think he's also been faster than Hayden in every test, practice and Q session this year. And beat Nicky in the first race.

As for Rossi, he's sure to finish ahead of Dovi regardless of where either qualifies.
  2. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    MM does two consecutive lap record laps, best 2.03.021, stays out for one more, does not improve, and he won't have time to get a new tyre in. But he's almost a second clear of the rest :huh

edit. and this remains unbeaten. Pedro got close, though.
  3. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    Nice work Espargaro!
  4. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    QP

MM around the last, long right hand corner was just absurd.
  5. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rossi might do better in the race... but he's certainly not making it easy for himself with qualifying performances like this. 2.4 seconds off the front, 1.4 down on his teammate, and juuuust barely beat Espargaro on a CRT.
  6. Deco

Deco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice pix Brewer. ZigZag was out there yesterday and sent me a shot of him at the finish line. I assume he thought I would enjoy the shot of him more than any of the racer's or their bikes.:rofl

Have fun and send more photos.
  7. Closed Casket

Closed Casket Jaded and Faded

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  8. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pedrosa is the only guy within striking distance of MM. I am sticking with MM for the win tomorrow.
  9. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Jeez. And I was gonna waste my afternoon watching the race. Thanks, dudes. ;)
  10. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
    The gaps between riders are rather big.
    This is shaping up to be a processional after 2 laps.

DP and JLo both look like they already conceded victory to MM.

Rossi needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat to finish ahead of Crutchlow.

Looks like the battle will be for 4th. Rossi, Crutchlow, and Bradl.

Espargaro could finish ahead of all the Ducatis.

Turn one, lap one looms large for all 3 classes.
  11. EvilEagle

EvilEagle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Too bad Yamaha isn't staying with the Hondas but MM is on FIRE! I still had a good day supporting VR! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366499706.675624.jpg
  12. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Guess someone forgot to hit the record button. Moto2 QP not available from the no spoiler page. Lame.
    Redding would be just ahead of Blake Young on the attack CRT bike on the motogp grid. Consider a long track with some pretty serious straights that either very impressive or depressing.

<table class="width100 marginbot10 fonts12"><tbody><tr><td class="alignright">1</td><td class="alignright">45</td><td>Scott REDDING</td><td>GBR</td><td>Marc VDS Racing Team</td><td>Kalex</td><td class="alignright">271.0</td><td class="alignright">2'10.577</td><td class="alignright nowrap">
    </td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="alignright">2</td><td class="alignright">30</td><td>Takaaki NAKAGAMI</td><td>JPN</td><td>Italtrans Racing Team</td><td>Kalex</td><td class="alignright">272.7</td><td class="alignright">2'11.266</td><td class="alignright nowrap">0.689 / 0.689</td></tr><tr><td class="alignright">3</td><td class="alignright">18</td><td>Nicolas TEROL</td><td>SPA</td><td>Mapfre Aspar Team Moto2</td><td>Suter</td><td class="alignright">275.5</td><td class="alignright">2'11.287</td><td class="alignright nowrap">0.710 / 0.021</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="alignright">4</td><td class="alignright">80</td><td>Esteve RABAT</td><td>SPA</td><td>Tuenti HP 40</td><td>Kalex</td><td class="alignright">274.9</td><td class="alignright">2'11.383</td><td class="alignright nowrap">0.806 / 0.096</td></tr><tr><td class="alignright">5</td><td class="alignright">77</td><td>Dominique AEGERTER</td><td>SWI</td><td>Technomag carXpert</td><td>Suter</td><td class="alignright">272.5</td><td class="alignright">2'11.606</td><td class="alignright nowrap">1.029 / 0.223</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="alignright">6</td><td class="alignright">3</td><td>Simone CORSI</td><td>ITA</td><td>NGM Mobile Racing</td><td>Speed Up</td><td class="alignright">276.2</td><td class="alignright">2'11.725</td><td class="alignright nowrap">1.148 / 0.119</td></tr><tr><td class="alignright">7</td><td class="alignright">40</td><td>Pol ESPARGARO</td><td>SPA</td><td>Tuenti HP 40</td><td>Kalex</td><td class="alignright">275.6</td><td class="alignright">2'11.838</td><td class="alignright nowrap">1.261 / 0.113</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="alignright">8</td><td class="alignright">19</td><td>Xavier SIMEON</td><td>BEL</td><td>Desguaces La Torre Maptaq</td><td>Kalex</td><td class="alignright">271.9</td><td class="alignright">2'11.859</td><td class="alignright nowrap">1.282 / 0.021</td></tr><tr><td class="alignright">9</td><td class="alignright">36</td><td>Mika KALLIO</td><td>FIN</td><td>Marc VDS Racing Team</td><td>Kalex</td><td class="alignright">273.9</td><td class="alignright">2'11.925</td><td class="alignright nowrap">1.348 / 0.066</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="alignright">10</td><td class="alignright">60</td><td>Julian SIMON</td><td>SPA</td><td>Italtrans Racing Team</td><td>Kalex</td><td class="alignright">277.2</td><td class="alignright">2'12.001</td><td class="alignright nowrap">1.424 / 0.07</td></tr></tbody></table>
  13. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Italian style and Dean Adams are two things I didn't expect to see in the same photo. :lol3
  14. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:

Wanna bet we get an exiting race watching Rossi saw through the field? Maybe not for the win, it may be a MM processional, ala Stoner/Pedrosa/Lorenzo.

I bet that Vale and Jerry massaged the setup for later in the race, I mean, if the Yamahas are having grip problems, better to come on strong at the end because you still have tires, than to drop off because you killed them the first half of the race.
    Not saying he is going to win, but I bet we get a show!

Just saying
  15. EvilEagle

EvilEagle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My buddy works for Yamaha and they are having a lot of suspension problems - they are going to look at both chassis in the morning. From what he's saying, I don't think they are holding back anything. Still never count out Vale!
  16. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Problem is, at Qatar Rossi was about a second off pole, and had shown in the practice, that he can match the leaders pace, which he did in the race. But now he´s over two seconds back, and has not really appeared to be competitive to more than top-5 maybe. I know he will dig deep to be able to give his best performance in the race, but I also think now he´ll need other riders to make mistakes, to have a chance of the podium.
  17. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I tend to think there will be plenty of those! Mistakes that is........
    Running around looking for the fast lines at a new track is one thing, looking for the most 'appropriate ' passing opportunities is gunna be another thing altogether ......
  18. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Rossi will be right there with CC and JLO, if he gets a good start he could be there after first corner... And if DP will man up and make it a battle with MM... we might have 3 Yamahas on the podium...:D
  19. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    From motomatters.com:

"... Rossi will start from the position he has been in more or less throughout practice. The Italian is struggling with the front end, and they have not yet been able to find a solution to his problem."

No, that is not from a 2011-2012 report on qualifying just about anywhere. The phrase I replaced above with the ellipsis was: At Austin,

:eek1

Meanwhile, Dovi is half a second quicker on the Duc.

I suppose it is nothing to worry about. The similarities in the language are merely coincidental.

Go Vale!
  20. RealChemist

RealChemist Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you guys see the picture of the pole winners on the front page of Motogp.com? Dear lord, Redding is a giant compared to everyone else.