I'm a Scooter Dude !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by kdude, May 29, 2006.

1. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    I'm going to pick up my Kymco Super 9 tomorrow ! :clap

I've been looking at scoots for about a year now and finally going to have one.

Thanks to the guys on the scooter board helping me make a desion. There are soooo many great scoots out there that deciding which one is very difficult. I heard good things about Kymco's. They are reliable and offer a two year std. warranty.

All be posting a report after the iniatial break in.

hp

[​IMG]
  2. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    Congrats! You will love it.
  3. Srbenda

Srbenda Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer:
    Finally!

I'm getting tired of your posts asking about scooters.

:hide
  4. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Still havn't tld. my wife about the scoot. Even yesterday we passed a red Vespa with a tan seat and she got all squirley on me ..."look at the Vespa, don't you just love it"

This is going to be interesting when I roll into the driveway later today:D
  5. Srbenda

Oddometer:
    You are soooooo going to get your ass kicked.

She wants a Vespa, and you buy her a Kymco?

:dunno
  6. Photog

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Don't sweat it. SWMBO really wanted a Vespa. We decided to go with a 50 because of the tag/insurance benefits here in NC. And one drive on the Kymco was pretty convincing--that thing really kicks butt.

She's had no regrets. :thumb

PS - I think she's gonna end up with a Vespa 150 one day. For now she likes not having to tag and insure the 50.
  7. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    That was soooo inspiring ! 5 hours till pick up :clap .
  8. scootertrash

scootertrash Mobile Homie

Oddometer:
    Awesome d00d! congrats! We have a ball on the Zuma. Get pix of the glorious moment today! Your wife looking at a Vespa PX150?
  9. Photog

Oddometer:
    Be careful...it'll corner like noone's business so work your way up to it--those suckers will turn quick. You'll be able to do WFO 90 degree turns if you can pick a good line, which I use to amuse cagers behind me--no brakes, just dive into the corner. Keeping your speed up and using its cornering ability, as well as squirting through small holes in traffic, will enable you to beat the snot out of cager commuters.

It's like having a little GP bike. :clap The more skilled a rider you are, the faster the darn thing is. :nod

As for the top end, you'll learn to sorta relax and not try to wring its neck all the time. Also, since it's a CVT, you'll get used to the revs picking up and staying at one point as the speed increases.

Bike routes are cool--your town may have bike routes that'll give you a route with less traffic. Check out alternate routes to work/play/errands.

There's a guy on a Ruckus around here that could beat me to work through traffic when I was riding on my GS. :clap
  10. McB

McB Long timer

Oddometer:
    And don't forget the sidewalks. Old ladies and people with strollers can move out of the way amazingly fast when they have to.
  11. Srbenda

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  12. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    Hey.... i'm pissed at all of you! How come you never tld. me how much fun I was missing. The scooter is a blast. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face all the way home. :clap

I decided to get the news to my wife as soon as possible. I rode over to her office. She was doing a root canal on a patient when I dropped by. You should have seen the look on her face ! If looks could kill.:rofl NO VESPA HONEY BUT I STILL LOVE YOU , DIDN"T WORK. I'll be doing some real sucking up tonight to be sure. This move will ultimatley cost me ... BUT WORTH IT !

I had a brain fart for a moment thinking now why do I need to keep my GS when I have one of these puppies to ride around. The scooter ride gave me the same buzz as a $20,000 loaded GS ! For $20,000 Large I can have a whole fleet of scooters .. maybe even open my own shop :lol3 .

Keep the posts coming guys... I enjoy reading your scoot adventures. Like to hear about the mods you did or will do , where you get info for scoots etc.....

I will post a ride report after the initial break in... till later , hp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. leapfrog

leapfrog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A woman's perspective...that is soooo cute? heh heh heh wife will beat you down heh heh heh heh :rofl but don't let me discourage you..

have fun
    de
  14. Tindjin

Tindjin Old No. 7

Oddometer:
    How fast is the super 9? That's what we all want to know.. :evil
  15. Photog

Oddometer:
    Mine will top out just under 50 indicated, derestricted with the rev limited cut, but otherwise stock. Easy cruise at 40-43.
  16. JohnTM

JohnTM Who's my daddy? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats, Kdude! Nothing more fun.....:ricky
  17. Photog

Oddometer:
    I hear the red ones are fast. :evil
  18. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    I love this scoot.. I havn't touched my gs since bringing her home.... the weight, the look, the ride, the gas consumption, the licence fees, the insurance, the bling factor, the upgrades you can do.....

Its a keeper ! :rabia
  19. Tinfish

Tinfish Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tell me about it --- I've been getting about 90-100mpg on my CH80, flogging it pretty hard. I say "about" because the tank is so small that adding even a little more or less gas changes the mpg numbers in a big way --- I will need to track gas over some weeks to get an accurate number.

:clap
  20. brockster

brockster Despair & Repair Garage

Oddometer:
    Boy, you're not kidding. I've noticed that also.I just got back from an 80-mile run this evening. My MPG increased about 4 mpg from the last fill up. I usually am running it near or at wide open.

Anyone else prefer riding their scoots at night out in the country?