Panhandle Old Guys

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by ElusivePedro, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    I mentioned earlier about a possible oh-butcrack thirty Blackwater slow burn. I dunno gents. I had to go to like 4 different offices today on Hurlburt, and I am thinking that these temps truely do suck hot sweaty balls.

I think I'll prolly just hole up in my AC'd man cave and do Fathers Day stuff like scratch my balls, wrench on and cuss at the DR, drink lotsa beer, and bark orders out to anyone that comes over to wish me a HFD. :deal
  2. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Well - SUMBITCH! You are an ECO-GOD!!! :1drink
  3. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where oh where is
    Singletrack Jeff?

:ear:ear:ear:ear:ear:ear:ear
  4. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Yea there is another POG for sure, cept iffin I remember he does like to get it on some....
  5. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm a little north of most of you guys, but since I seem to be Pete's bike pimp, I'm in. :evil

I hit 50 this year and ride what I want for reasons that make me smile. Since this is my 42nd year w/ a bike, I figure I'm qualified to determine what bike and riding style make me happy. I was never very fast, even in my younger days, so slowing down isn't really a big deal. I survived a 27 year cop career, so the last thing I want is to get run over by a blue hair in a Buick.

This weekend I"m taking my slow butt and my old ST1100 to Barbers where I will eat barbq, watch the races, ride around my old stompin' ground (Oxford, 40 miles east of Barbers on I20) and have a good time.

:ricky

Ride safe

Frank
  6. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Frank my man (you youngster), you have good taste in motorcyles.... if I must say so myself! :lol3

Next thing I want you to scout out and buy, izza Laverda 750 ora Norton 750 Commando or maybe - a Bennelli 750SEI.

Thanks in advance and let me know!
  7. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Yuppers. WTF?
  8. AST236

Oddometer:
    I'll keep my eyes open. My very first real motorcycle was a Benelli 106 that my dad bought from a local guy and fixed up.....
  9. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
  10. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    [/preaching] :jinx
  11. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Please stop preaching. :D

On a different note in a attempt to get this thread back on track (jeezmanellie the horror,,,,the horror)
    ,,a beast ride with a bunch of old Krumudgins from the Oasis Breakfast at Wilcox exit on I-10 to the Blueberry Festival in Brewton Al. this coming saturday morning. Here's a link:

http://www.alabamablueberryfestival.com/

Your Welcome!
  12. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    dirt or street?
  13. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  14. Madhouse

Oddometer:

Stay tuned cause some (streetbikes)are leaving the Oasis for Brewton and Melvin mentioned something about leaving the Milton area for Brewton and skip the Oasis thing.
    I'd rather follow Melvin given a choice and see what that ole codger's got up his sleeve.
    Most likely its gonna be mostly street too.

Should know more tommorow evening.
  15. AST236

Oddometer:
    You fella's have fun.

I"m leaving in the morning for Barbers. :clap

Hope to see some of you at WOW Wingery in Brewton Monday night around 6:00 pm.
  16. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Hey that bike looks familiar:huh

OK, well I won't post any pics of today's 300-mile ride from Linville Falls NC to Mecca, AKA North Georgia. But lemme tell ya something: it was truly epic. Average speed? Maybe 50MPH. That's actually pretty fast for a POG like me in some of these twisties...

Think I'll stay up here a while:bmwrider
  17. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    You got that right, Bubba.

I'm right behind ya mang.:thumb
  18. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Something told me I shoulda quoted that whole post. Well written and one that I was hoping to refer back to in the future
  19. Madhouse

Oddometer:

:photog
  20. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Dum dum diddly dum... Sunrise on the emerald coast. Just gotta love it! It's Friday too! :D

Well - got my new front fender and new tail rack for the DR. I need to get my lazy ass over to DMV and get the plate from my Burgman 650 x-ferred over, and the title x-ferred too. Also still need to straighten out the forks vs handle bars vs triple tree thing.

Bought a 10x20 storage building. I was going to get a 12x20 with a 12x20 carport on the side but that was too delux for my requirements. The 10x20 should be plenty big enough to store 3 motorcycles, riding lawn mower, generator, gas cans etc. It will be getting installed July 5. Once that's in, I am going to turn my garage/man cave into more of a party room. Dart board, flat screen TV, Hobby tables etc. Might even install a HO race car track or train set layout. Who knows? It will still be used for vehicle maintenance though, because it's air conditioned and heated - but now I wont have to trip over the conveyances that are in there now cause they'll be out in the storage room. I am pretty sure I will always have at least one of the bike in there and ready to go at all times tho.

Looks like a Brewton Beast ride is shaping up for Monday. Frank you're headed to Barbers this weekend - truth? Enjoy and take some pictures - especially of the old stuff like all us POGs dig! BTW - skip buying any more bikes for us. I think we've seen enough turn over for the time being!