AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    just rode across campus to pick up a pizza for lunch, then back into the studio to do the third interview for today.. then im done for the day.

:1drink
  2. sc-razor

sc-razor Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's it :cry
  3. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    it looked like good beer to me, it was in a can.

:rofl

4. terrascout

terrascout Long timer

Oddometer:
    NW Arkansas, Hills and Curves close at hand
    It's called a lot of practice if you are not born/raised with the abilty to be SMOOTH.

I once heard of someone getting 36,000 miles out of a chain and sprocket set on a sport bike. I know I never could because I tend towards rapid change in speed both increaseing and decreaseing. But smooth more consistent speed changes will get to a lot more tire, chain and sprocket life.

So if you want to be good to the resources practice a lot of smooth steady transitions. If not just say heck with it and spend a little more time changing tires, chains, and sprockets.

Sort of like trigger squeeze versious rapid pulls. Some get more out nof using little to preciously place one shoot, some like to just pull and count on one of several bullets getting close to the right area.:D Good to praactice some of both if you have the time and resources.

Maybe we should start a pool. All chip in a kitty. Place the same rear tire on bikes and record od. Person with the most miles out of the rear tire wins the pool just for fun and practice.:rofl
  5. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    Where are you fools trailering out and unloading at?
  6. terrascout

terrascout Long timer

Oddometer:
    NW Arkansas, Hills and Curves close at hand

Maybe because you initiate a hello or conversation. Others like freindly people who initiate a hello. The same people could see me as stuck up because I am a bit quite at first. Then someone like Ted :wink: says hi and regrets it because I won't shut up.:rofl
  7. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    For Ted, it's all in the "approach"...:rofl

[​IMG]
  8. Dravintoad

Dravintoad Toadthumpin

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I got almost 10k outta my last one.
  9. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Thats funny. You know I used to be pretty shy and had trouble talking to people, I figured out not too long ago that I just dont give a f*ck and thats helped my conversation starting alot.:lol3
  10. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Holy hell Doc, you're disgusting.:puke1
  11. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    :puke1

One more like that and the ignore list gains a new member.

nlp
  12. crazyapple92

crazyapple92 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha, now that you mention it I think I just like anything husky. Really like Husky bikes. Siberian Huskies are more of a life partner than a pet, love those little guys. And I like me the husky ladies too!!!:rofl

No, no I don't. Just needed to be clear on that.
    Nah, I've got some guys I ride with every now and again. Problem is they aren't really into the whole off road aspect of it. Sure they'll blast through a graveyard with me (respectfully of course) but talk about going and finding some fire roads and they all turn into sheep... or goats... Nah, goats aren't afraid of anything, they'll stick it in their mouth without a second thought.

And they don't really like riding long distances or going on adventures to random places.

Which is strange because that's kind of what riding bikes is all about...:confused

Agreed, BMW riders are elitist snobs, especially that tcourdin guy!:evil

I jest.

Well let me explain it's not like they're down right rude to me. But I've been there a handful of times and have not once been greeted or had someone offer to answer any questions or make friendly banter.

And about half the times I go there the guy at the desk is on the phone the entire time, like today.

Went there today and surprise surprise there was a big group of BMW riders there.

But the BMW guys usually are friendly enough to ask what I ride. When I answer they just lose all interest and walk off. That's why I say they're elitist, if you're not on a BMW they're not interested.

It just rubs me the wrong way, I have hardcore Harley guys who look like they rolled right out of Sons of Anarchy chat me up all the time. I've never hand a friendly conversation with a BMW rider.

But that's boooooring! I don't know about the rest of you but I drive a gas guzzler, so I baby the throttle and focus on driving as smooth as possible so I can get 13 MPG instead of 12. And it's no fun at all. I got the bike so I could go out and have fun on it. And it's cheap, tires are a hundred bucks or so once a year, gas is nothing in this little bike (70 MPG, sometimes 80, 60 If I ride like like there's no tomorrow), and insurance is covered by a months worth of change I let build up in my car. And the bike doesn't need much in the way of maintenance either, and what it does I'll handle myself.

Point is this, why try to baby something that's meant to be rode hard. And all to save less money a year than you spend on haircuts? Seems silly to me! Ride hard! Burn through tires! And have fun trying new ones out to see what lasts longest!

And dang you guys post a lot in no time flat!
  13. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:

Us "fellow" fools are trailing to Cascade, Colorado and riding from there across Coloardo up to Flaming Gorge and Dinosaur.
  14. NateLePain

Oddometer:
    It takes a lot posts to keep Doc's posts off the front page. :deal

nlp
  15. crazyapple92

crazyapple92 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are riding Pikes Peak???????!!!!! Color me jealous!:nah
  16. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Oh hell no, I'm not throwing away money on a losing effort. :lol3
  17. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    See thats odd, the guy up front at the desk is the nicest guy I think I've ever met. Heck I rolled up there one day on a CBR1000RR and said I want to look at a 1200GS as I know nothing about them, he threw me the keys to one and rolled it out the front door and said "have fun"!

He does get bombarded by phone calls, heck he's the only Beemer dealer around and has alot of people calling him i'm sure.
  18. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Cascade.
  19. NateLePain

Oddometer:
    Says the KTM rider...

:hide

nlp
  20. tcourdin