Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guy,

You didn't bolt that thing to the floor? I have one and it needs to be secured to something or changing a tire is going to be a b*tch.
  2. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wife and I have a 30' RV, from experience I would say the battey is dead, BTW, I keep my rig on a Battery Tender when not plugged into to the truck or shore power, keeps it fresh and ready to go at all times, I do check the acid level monthly as well.
  3. niceviewbehindbars

niceviewbehindbars out enjoying the vu

Oddometer:
    Yea, I got mine bolted to the floor too.
  4. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    We'll find that out this evening. Doing a rear tire on a Nomad.
  5. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    See above
  6. teeter

teeter Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer:
    Thanks all for the advice. I concur that the original battery is probably toast. I picked up a new one on Friday plus a good microprocessor controlled automatic charger that will hopefully help extend it's life span.
  7. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to be leaving Friday about 7am as well to head up to Morton's Off Road Riding Class.Probably just slab it up 95N.If anyone wants to meet up at Meadowbrook Plaza on Hopkins Road at 7-7:15 am to ride together just lemme know.

On another note I'm planning to ride up to the BMW MOA Rally in Bloomsburg PA the following week.I have a room-Ed Andrews invited me to utilize a room in an apartment he's rented on Bloomsburg University Campus.I think he'll be at the Off Road Class on July 15.We can talk then.There may be space Chuck.

Finally I want to get in on that 2nd "Eddy's Off Road Challenge" too.
  8. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to offer Badge #817 my heartfelt congratulations on your acceptance to the academy. Great job. You have chosen a noble profession and I salute you. :thumb Good luck with the training.
  9. Mbarr

Mbarr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site since last fall after buying my first motorcycles (I waited a long time). I did join a couple of you guys on Jan 1st on a trip to Wasabi's in Williamsburg and did take a trip to the Monterey Maple Festival with Eddie in March. I would have joined some of you a couple of weeks ago on Eddie's Big Offroad Adventure, but I sold my F650 to Eddie in April (big mistake and I miss my bike). I still have the Bonneville, however.. I am a longtime Richmonder and have a large appetite for sports cars and motorcycles (fortunately, I have a very understanding wife). I told Eddie that I would post a couple of pictures of my first dirt bike trip to Denver two weeks ago (if I can figure out how to post a picture). I am used to riding dirt bikes with my 9 year old son (me on a Honda 100xr and him of a CRF 50) so the KTM 450 was quite a challenge in the mountains.

I did want to mention that I was at the Harley dealership near Ashland yesterday and saw an 2006 F650GS w/15,000 miles that has Pelican bags, Givi topcase, extra lights, crash bars, hand guards and a tall windscreen for $4,500 in anyone needs/wants a dual purpose bike. It was just traded in on Sat. I would have bought it buy I don't care for red.

Anyway, would love to tag along on some rides, sometime.

Mike
  10. rider929

rider929 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Mbarr, Bonnies rule:evil

[​IMG]
  11. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn Mike, it's about time! We need to get another dual sport under you and have you come with us on our forest road rides!

That sounds like a good deal on that GS, you could always buy it and spend $100 to have Maaco spray it whatever color you want, or even better, get it sprayer with that tough looking, Rhino Liner!

I'll show you how to post pics, you will need either a Smugmug, Snapfish or any other picture sharing account. It's easy...
  12. Greenflyfarmer

Greenflyfarmer I'm better now.

Oddometer:
    Mbarr,

Check out Smugmug for a way to post and save pictures easy. I waited to long to join that site but it's owned by the same guy that owns this site.

Don't be shy. Oh I saw one of those popular BMW 650s at the Harley shop just above Greentop if anyone is interested.
  13. dillinger09

dillinger09 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Richmond, Va physically. Mentally still in CO
    Hey guys,

I'm a fellow Virginian, moving back to the area next week. I've been fortunate enough to live in the beautiful state of CO for the last 5 years, but the wife has decided it's time to head back and start a family:D. So, I'll be looking to meet up for some rides (only trails, I have a KTM 300 XCW). Also, looking for any tips on riding areas or clubs. I look forward to meeting some of you :freaky
  14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rice it is. In keeping with the theme, Spanish Rice at that. :lol3

You want it mild, medium, or hot?? :ear
  15. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    JHVA dropped by Sunday to pick up some boots for the Morton's off-road class. He was driving his red "B." Gawd, what a sweet little car!!!

Almost makes me go out and find another GT. Key word - "almost!!" :lol3
  16. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks and thanks for helping me get it running! My B no likey hot weather. The Down draft Weber gargled some gas and came back to life. Will need to look into that problem a bit more before venturing back out this summer.

Awesome garage, Guy!!
  17. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eddy's GS Challenge Deuce -

I could possibly be convinced if we skipped the bad section.
  18. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I changed a tire this evening using the NoMar that would have been near to impossible with regular tire spoons. These things had the stiffest sidewalls I have ever encountered and the mounting scheme I came up with worked flawlessly with no problems whatsoever. No bolting to the floor necessary. It's a keeper!!!
  19. niceviewbehindbars

niceviewbehindbars out enjoying the vu

Oddometer:
    :clap

You instantly just made a bunch of new friends. :deal

:lol3
  20. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Prolly.............:rofl