Flat tire prevention! TyreGuardian Puncture Protection System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GB, Jul 3, 2010.

1. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    Interesting product, and sparks some thought.

1. I have been using the glue/rope style plugs for many years on trucks and tubeless m/c tires, with great success. If I were to get a LARGE hole in a tire, and the Tyre Guard product was not able to plug it. Would the old glue/rope style plug still work? I think tubeless tires on the GS, is an important feature.

2. So when you ride, the product naturally goes to the outermost portion of the tire, away from the side walls. I think this is acceptable for on road, typical puncture situations. In a TUBE situation, say on a dirt bike, you often want to run low pressures, in the 10 to 12 psi range. But the lower you go, the more susceptible you are to pinch flats. If the TyreGuard product goes to the outer most circumference of the tube, will there be any product to plug/stop air from escaping, from a puncture on the side or inner circumference of the tube?

3. Could this, or a similar product be applied to the spoke nipples on the inside of a rim?? In an effort to eliminate the tube? I know this is a loaded question, but you've got me thinking. Seems to me your tire pressure would have to be pretty high to keep the bead seated. Therefore it would not work for dirt bikes. This is where the NueTech TUbliss system comes in. (No need to answer this one, just thinking out loud.)

Thanks!
  2. Max Bialystock

Max Bialystock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi NWBoarder,
    Thanks for the questions. I'll do my best to answer them.
    Yes to your first question. You would need to clean the TyreGuardian from the puncture edges so the plug adheres to the tire. Then TyreGuardian will seal around the plug.

In high puncture situations with lowered air pressure for traction, I would increase the amount of TyreGuardian in the tube. We recommend this for high hazard areas where you might get 3 or 4 flats a day, every day.

I looked at the NuTech system. Very cool. I would definitely use TyreGuardian with their system. We would not recommend using TyreGuardian as a way to seal the spoke nipples.
    Thanks,
    Jim
  3. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Thanks GeoDude!:D
  4. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    I thought I would post a couple of video's for fun. I love helmet and in car cam videos.

We sponsor Bennett Racing's Ferrari F430GT. Here's a couple of videos and yes TyreGuardian is in the tires. TyreGuardian works at speeds in excess of 170mph.:D

Short drive by video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3UVFNZ4xdo

Here's a longer video from the in car camera.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2yhz_STGE

I need five more inmates to pm me for the 25% discount code. Almost there!:D
  5. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Thanks to everyone for the great welcome we have received. Yes, the 25th inmate sent me a pm a short while ago, so the offer is now officially over.

The inmates will be receiving their discount codes via pm shortly.
    Be careful and have fun!:D
    Jim T.
    TyreGuardian
  6. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    Got the code. Thanks
    A couple more questions before I order.

1. Can TG be used with tire beads?

2. Is the AutoSUV and cycle the same liquid? If so, the Auto is a much better deal.

3. Would you ever use the Offroad product in a cycle? (I have tubeless on my R1200GS)

Thx
  7. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Hi NWBoarder,
    Thanks for the questions.
    1. I would not recommend using tire beads with TyreGuardian.
    2. The product is the same. Like most products the larger containers are usually a better deal.
    3. Yes, TyreGuardian™ OFF-ROAD edition is a heavy duty puncture protection system designed to stop flat tires in a more puncture volatile environment, including construction, agriculture and off-roading.
    TyreGuardian™ OFF-ROAD is a thicker variation of the standard TyreGuardian™ Auto/SUV product designed for larger punctures and higher puncture frequency. Recommended only for tube-less tires with no TPMS sensors.
    Great questions!
    Jim:D

8. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick replys.

So it sounds like you are saying the OFF-ROAD will work on bikes that are tubeless and no TPS.

The reason I ask, is that we ride dirt roads quite a bit, and would like extra protection.
  9. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    In a word yes.:D
    Both products work great. When I asked about the difference between them I was told if you expect to have 3 or 4 punctures a day, every day, the "off road" formula was a good choice.

Please use the formula you are most comfortable with. I do not believe their is a "wrong" choice keeping in mind the few caveats already stated.:D
    Thanks
    Jim

10. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    the hot setup for desert guys these days is http://www.nuetech.com/ plus something like this in the tire. this would be poured into the tire cavity just before the tubliss system is seated.
  11. Spirit_Rider

Spirit_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put my order in today, Thanks for the great offer.
  12. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    My pleasure thank you for the order.
  13. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    Yes I agree that would be the hot setup!
    I will keep this in mind for future..

Order placed.

Thanks!
  14. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    I would love to hear from anyone who tries the Nuetech and TyreGuardian combination in this thread or pm me.:ear
    Thanks NWBoarder and all who have ordered.

15. CycleRider

CycleRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just want to thank Jim Thomas of TyreGuardian for the prompt delivery of a product that I believe will have many of us feeling a little (to a lot) safer when we pull out onto the freeway, where anything can happen, anything can be laying in our path, and on 2 wheels, "it" happens fast.

I would like to get this thread started so we have someplace to consolidate our experiences with TyreGuardian, both the Product and the Company.

So far, Jim has been nothing but a class act, responding promptly to my questions and the delivery of his product at a great price. Even encouraging us to allow others to "jump in" with us on the placement of our orders with a very nice one time discount. There is still a nice discount being offered to all ADVRider members.

Has anybody had an opportunity to actually do an installation yet? About how long does it take? Did you take it to your dealer or mechanic to have it done? Do you think it compares favorably to it's competition in performance and cost?

I would like to know what others are thinking, or have I just bought some false sense of security?

There is a "Sticky" on the forum that provides a great introduction to this product. It's worth a look.

Tom ...
  16. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I would recommend you install it yourself, but do one tire at a time. Use the supplied valve core remover, let the air out, stick the supplied clear hose into the valve stem, slowly start pouring the liquid to the desired amount, and let it flow out of the clear tube then remove, reinstall the valve core, fill with air and go for a ride. Caution: when removing the valve core, do it slowly and put your free hand over the valve area in case the valve core goes shooting out from the air blast you can sort of block it from flying away.

I put the bike on the center stand, did the rear wheel first, ran the engine, put the bike in gear and let the rear wheel spin for a few minutes, then did the front and went for a ride. If you spill some, don't panic. Let it dry, even on your skin and then it just peels off like a latex skin. Or, you can just wash it off before it dries.

Thanks Jim for the great deal and service :thumb
  17. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    My pleasure, thank you for the kind words. Gadget Boy your description of an installation is perfect. :clap

If you are as hairy as I am, it's best to wash it off with soap and water before it dries. :eek1 It will take some hair with it when you peel it off!:lol3
    Jim
  18. Dominatio

Dominatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great alternative to Ultraseal.

Question - has this been tested in BMW bikes with Tire Presser Monitors fitted?

Are there any problems installing it with them?
  19. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the question Dominatio. You won't have any problems installing and using TyreGuardian with a TPMS. Just make sure the valve core is clear after installation.

If required you can clear the stem by blowing air into it prior to reinserting the valve stem core. Wheel mounted and valve stem mounted TPMS are not affected by TyreGuardian.
    Great question!
    Thanks,
    Jim
  20. Dominatio

Dominatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback Jim - cant seem to discover how to get this stuff international (UK). Is there a trick to it :D