Sorry everyone but I am done

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by jeff_in_rc, Mar 5, 2012.

1. jeff_in_rc

jeff_in_rc A DRZ kind of guy

Oddometer:
    Well I hate to do it guys and gals but I have sold my DRZ due to another injury and this time I will be taking my doctors advice which is quit riding. It turns out I have a very weak muscle area in my lower abdomen and I am extremely prone to getting hernias and I now have my third in the last 5 years. Man this sucks, I have still not paid off my last surgery which was only 2 years ago. :eek1
    I will miss all of my friends and all of the good people here more than you will ever know; it has been a blast to say the least. Keep riding and having fun everyone. :clap
  2. blackSP

blackSP 51.38986335329787, 4.399599889888853

Oddometer:
    Putte, Netherlands southern border to Belgium
    I'm sorry to hear that bro, too bad there's no other solution for you. But are you really sure about that? is there no program to strengthen your muscles or something? Or a brace or corset or something like that?

Anyway, not being able to ride sucks big time so good luck with the detox!
  3. Reposado1800

Reposado1800 Juicy J fan!

Oddometer:
    Tell the doctor to go blow. Walking across the street is more dangerous.
  4. GasDepot

GasDepot Sold the Cage

Oddometer:
    Support vehicle ?
    Come on out and drive your cage.
    It's always nice to have someone drive the gear out so I don't have to pack so much crap on the small bike.
    That way the beer can be extra cold:freaky
  5. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    how about a trike or some of the new 3 wheel machines? they seem pretty smooth.
  6. wingam00

wingam00 Formely AKA Wingam00

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about you having to drop out of riding. :cry

Always liked reading your replies to people needing advise. You even good enough to send me you old blinkers.:clap

Do not know if you heard about this but you may want to look up BARS Procedure for hernias.

Good Luck too you.
  7. inbred

inbred Sweeter than Yoo-hoo

Oddometer:
    No apology necessary. Life is full of hard decisions that need to be made. Your internal guts are pretty important in the overall scheme of things. Gut surgery ain't no fun. Some of the advice the others before gave is pretty darn good advice. I wish you the best and hope some other endeavor fills the gap that the lack of riding your dizzer will likely bring.
  8. jeff_in_rc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. I was even told DO NOT do situps or crunches for the very same reason, oh well I gotta do what I gotta do to stay healthy don't I.

Sounds like its time to look into some kind of 4X4, like a Jeep or Land Cruiser. At least that way I can still enjoy being out in the desert. :clap

Hey wingam00, those blinkers working out for you?

And GasDepot, now that sounds like a good idea, keeping the beer cold!

Clayjars, yea crossing the street can be dangerous but think about how dangerous a strangulated hernia would be if I were out in the middle of Death Valley where I like to ride would be?
  9. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that man, but don't give up try alwasy to get better and u never know, u could go back on the saddle in no time.
  10. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    This may not help you but it just might.. with some of the injuries I've sustained I've found that many doctors have no clue. Finding one that knows what they are doing is a challenge in itself.

My advise,, don't give up. There are some talented doctors out there. You just have to do some research and find one that knows how to help you. Good luck.
  11. dolphins13

dolphins13 orange rules

Oddometer:
    Cant do sit ups and crunches? Somethin is real wrong? Go slow while you 4x4. Hernias are diabilitating. Man all I can think is she has to be on top all the time now? bummer.:evil Get better if you can. Been into fitness my whole life and never heard of what you are going through. The over all lifestyle changes I imagine will suck? You use abs at everything? Good luck.
  12. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    If I did not have medical insurance that paid everything, I am not sure I would be dirt riding.
    My last crash mush have cost a LOT, helicopter ride, long hospital stay, loads of tests, etc.

And that was not the first helicopter ride I had...
  13. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why not take up flying? The sensation of speed you will be feeling is the cash whooshing out of your wallet!:wink:
  14. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree with this...yea I know,the Doc has the degree. Have you got 2nd and 3rd opinions?. There has to be an underlying reason for this?.Alot of folks don't want to hear this,but seek a competent Chiropractor...at times an imbalance in the structure causes major issues in other areas!...this is from my own exoerience. MD's wanted to fuse disc(s) in my back and other major life changing things...that was 22+ years ago...I'm still walkin,lifting(alot more cautiously than when in my 20's...not doubt!.) riding etc. Getting up out of a chair,bathtub,bed for that matter will place tremendous stress in the region(not trying to depress you,just trying to make sense!.) Seek and you will find!. Good luck sir!.
  15. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    I understand the not riding in the dirt but how about the street. How about the Cam Am Spyder?

A friend rode one and said they are alot of fun and a hell alot better than the traditional trikes.

[​IMG]
  16. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    Jeebus! I thought you meant one of these God forsaken creations...

[​IMG]

I owe a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament to one of these fuckin' things.
  17. wingam00

wingam00 Formely AKA Wingam00

Oddometer:
  18. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol! no i was thinking of the can am or trike conversions for street bikes.
  19. daveinva

daveinva Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love my Spyder, but they are sooo NOT hernia friendly. You have to do all the leaning yourself, like an ATV or snowmobile, which involves constant weight-shifting into turns and such. Great fun, but also a heckuva core workout.

Then again, maybe just splurge and get a T-Rex :D
  20. jeff_in_rc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone, this is something I have been thinking about for years now and finally made the decision, it was hard but I feel that it will be the best for me.

We have already found a Jeep Wrangler and when the tax $$ comes in it will be ours! I can't wait to start a new chapter in our off-road lives, I can't quit enjoying the desert here after all, way too much to see and do here.

BTW I went to see my doctor yesterday but he wasn't there due to an emergencey surgery so I will see him next week, oh well gotta wait some more to get the details but that is how it goes huh.

I will still poke around the site and offer any advice that I can as I have learned a lot about my old DRZ. Have a good one! :clap