Black River Stages 2012 Sept 15-16

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Stagehand, Jul 2, 2012.

1. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Everybody else is out racing day 2 right now. Results from day 1 at www.blackriverstages.com

My crash was on stage 2. Was very happy with my unofficial stage 1 time of 8:42. Brief lapse in concentration and it was all over.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  2. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
  3. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Wow, only 7 riders? What happened to Jack and Mike B?
  4. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:

Hey: Mike was still having issues with his bike (KTM 690) last week so he bailed. He was my ride so I bailed too. Sorry we missed it.

Jack
  5. GingerKid

GingerKid How about that self...

Oddometer:
    I had a lot of fun this past weekend!! I haven't laughed so much in one sitting in a long time. Half the reason I do these events is for the racing and the other half is spending it with such a great group of people. I hope to see everyone back in South Carolina and maybe sooner :)

It was awesome to meet some new people as well as see familiar faces in the bike and car crowd. You guys all did great! Heal up well Doug!

I'm so mad though that I forgot to get pictures with everyone. Grrr.
  6. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Doug! That sucks! Im glad its not worse, but sorry you didnt get the results you were hoping for. Heal up quick and get back to training!

Jenna? Howd you do?

Edit; i see the results, but i mean, how did you Do? :) thanks for keeping the torch lit.

Congrats Kurt, you must have been hauling ass to stay in front of John!

Good work, everybody.
  7. Rail7

Rail7 Authenticious.

Oddometer:
    Doug, I have that same brace in solid black, or solid white, if you find it does not match your outfit. Oh, and I likewise have at least one matching boot...

Heal up quick, man. See you in February.

John
  8. hiawassee

hiawassee Fair play t'ya!

Oddometer:
    Congrats to everyone! Short list this time. We'll have to do something about that in Feb. :evil

Doug, sorry you had a rough time of it. Sounds like you should bounce back pretty quickly though. Hope to you see you at the next one.
  9. hiawassee

hiawassee Fair play t'ya!

Oddometer:
    just curious to know if BRS was run in similar fashion to RWV, with the bikes running separately from the cars? how were the logistics setup?
  10. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Well, I did get one result. The thing I like about repeating an event is to see how I improve after a year. On Jerdin Falls (stage 1 this year, which was stage 2 last year) I was 44 seconds faster than I was last year. Of course last year I didn't injure myself :lol3

Doing the long drive home now. Took a nap in the van at a rest area to elevate my leg for a while which helps. Not too painful sitting and driving but it stiffens up really badly and is really painful to move after sitting for too long.
  11. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    They run it kind of like RWV but not much of a gap between the bikes and cars. The typical way they try to do it is the course opening cars run through (the 000, then the 00 then the 0 car) to make sure things are clear then they run the bikes, then they run the "combo car". It is called the combo car because it is conbination "fast sweep" and 0 car to once again make sure the course is clear. Then they run the cars.

If things go smoothly this works well. If some yahoo on a bike hits a tree and they need to fetch him with an ambulance not so much :lol3
  12. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you're not too badly injured Doug. Presumably an ortho will look at that knee when it settles down and make sure there's no big rip or tear?

I was very disappointed to not make it out. My right wrist, broken in the P2D rally, is still giving me fits, and healing slowly. The surgeon advised strongly that I not race. I was going to go anyway and take it easy, but life got in the way, and it would have been too much to get everything together. I've missed the last two BRS's. Really enjoyed my first one, hope to make it next year. Each year I promise myself to make all the Rallymoto events - this was to be the year.

As usual, I only got to ONE. Sheesh.

dc
  13. Rail7

Rail7 Authenticious.

Oddometer:
    Doc, I have matching wrist braces too, if you need those....:D

Maybe I should take up fishing or something.
  14. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    We are having a snafu

[​IMG]

But boy, I sure had a good time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    Results... in pretty format:

[​IMG]

(interesting little bug on the title size... thought I fixed that but it looks like it sneaked past me! :) )
  16. GingerKid

GingerKid How about that self...

Oddometer:
    Oooooh!! Pretty!
  17. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    Congrats to everybody!!

:cry I wish the schedule change hadn't worked against me but my week away was worth missing it I think.

I'll definitely be there next year so I can fight for that overall title!

[​IMG]

Great job on the fancy graphics Anders!:clap

18. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    We blew the head gasket on our Saab on Sunday and managed to run 5 stages with a severely overheating engine. There were a couple of corners where we slid one way or another and the windshield was covered in boiling frothy coolant :eek1 Was a fun event and the car handled well other than the mechanical issue.

Couple of videos from the 4 wheel perspective:

Stage 10, Jayville in:
    http://youtu.be/Mfb7ZFSNZek

Stage 10 Roof cam
    http://youtu.be/LnHkKdUTONA
  19. scholz

scholz bush league

Oddometer:
    If riders want to PM me their e-mails I can put together an list and give it to everyone so we can contact each other for future riding opportunities. So far I have John's and JJ's.

Great time seeing everybody!

Ryan
  20. the milkman

the milkman delivers

Oddometer:
    despite a light showing from the bikes, it was still as fun as always. this RM season started out on a sour note but ended well. one of these days i might put the wrenches down and give it a shot. sandblast is on its way..........